The EE2 Project

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    Seeing as SS is coming down again and I probably won't be going back when they restart, I'm thinking about coming back here... But I'm hearing things floating about having custom configs again. Can we please not? You can buff weapons nobody uses, boost the jump and warpgate range... But beyond that, I'd rather not have to change my ships around just to fit this server. If that happens I'll probably have to find somewhere else, or, god forbid, go back to SS and hope it doesn't restart again.
    Power usage and such are not being touched, but weapon damage is, I think. Very custom config, but it's not going to break ships going or coming.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    If weapon damage is changing, optimal configuration is changing.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1445737262,1445736188][/DOUBLEPOST]And if optimal configuration is changing, I'm out. Aside from broken weapons (Shotgun cannons, shotgun beams, pulses) that nobody uses because of shitty mechanics, I don't see enough things wrong with the current balance to warrant wasting my time making ships for one server that may or many not end up going down someday. Keeping up with vanilla balance changes is enough of a pain.

Nuclear Doughnut

A Radioactive Pastry
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    There will be custom configs. BUT not in terms of SHIP BUILDING. That was the problem with Old EE. Ships weren't compatible with other servers. Our configs will be more gameplay balance oriented. Not ship balancing. (minus AI)

Reactions: AssIn9
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    What will be the new ship size mass block limits?
    Hopefully there will be no ship size or mass block limits.
    If there is a ship size or mass block limit it will be very large limit and will allow REAL customization.

If Doughnut sets a small mass block limit most of his ships won't work lol

Reactions: Master_Artificer

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    What will be the new ship size mass block limits?
    The limit is if you break the server every time you try to load in your sector. Somewhere in the tens of millions if you make it plain and simple, I am sure.
    Of course, this also depends on the hardware and might vary depending on the funding.

But in general, it is fun to might in medium sized ships as you never see fair/interesting fights in massive titans, usually only base attacks, and small ships pop too easily. Finding the balance between affordability and durability is a faction preference and a faction secret, varies across each faction.

Nuclear Doughnut

A Radioactive Pastry
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    The very goal of Elwyn Eternity is to have no limits ^_^
    Keptick you know very well how big I can build ;)

If it breaks the server it's too big. That is the limit. We may have to put a limit on salvage array sizes if people don't respect the idea of mining blown up planets instead of whole planets

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Keptick you know very well how big I can build ;)

If it breaks the server it's too big. That is the limit. We may have to put a limit on salvage array sizes if people don't respect the idea of mining blown up planets instead of whole planets
    Tbh, unless you decide to have intercourse with a planet, the client will break before the server.

And apparently planet mining lag will be fixed next update :D

Reactions: Mariux

Thalanor

CEO Snataris Colonial Fleetyards
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Speaking of which - how many salvage beams would you consider ok? Working on a salvager right now specifically for this, and it currently plans for 500 beams.

Nuclear Doughnut

A Radioactive Pastry
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    I can't give specifics right now... BUT needless to say my old EE miner had 3500 outputs :P

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    Man, I don't think reducing weapon damage is a good idea. Right now combat takes a pretty long time. Reducing weapon damage is just going to stretch out that combat to the point of tediousness. I implore you to fight some ships of equivalent mass in SP with the default config before you settle on reducing damage values.

Seriously bro that was a good idea when the only way to kill shit was by shooting the core, that is not the case anymore

Last edited:

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Yea, weapons already scale like shit for block-removal. Decreasing their damage will only accentuate the problem...

I do encourage removing or reducing the multi-output power penalty though.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    I'm going to say the same I said to deadlis when he ignored me, don't change the weapons. increase thruster output and warp ranges, that is all.

Reactions: Keptick

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    If you increase jump range you also have to up warpgate range too. :)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Ill second and third and fourth the whole "reducing weapon damage is bad" thing.

If you think fighting bigger ships than your ship is already unfair now, wait till you LITERALLY cant even put a dent in them, while their hugely bloated weapons systems can still put out good damage.

Thalanor

CEO Snataris Colonial Fleetyards
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Weapon damage is better left untouched precisely because of how smaller ships scale against large ones otherwise.
    Even reducing the multi-output penalty is wrong IMHO - because it changes the optimal configuration! A ship built elsewhere would not perform as well as a ship specifically designed for lower power penalties, fielding a giant waffle.

My humble suggestion: Leave everything that has to do with power, weapons, shields and armor as-is.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    IMO, the only weapons that should be changed are extremely underpowered ones, like shotguns or basic dumbfires.