The EE2 Project

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    I seriously hope that you're not going to use the default turret AI accuracy setting. Not being able to hit 300m long targets from 600m range is frustrating as hell. Seriously, the fucking turrets fire AROUND the target.

One thing I also liked about old EE was the increased thrust values. Increasing thrust values while keeping power cost the same would be a pretty nice addition imo, to compensate for the lack of config adjustments with the increased ship masses of the HP update.

Thalanor

CEO Snataris Colonial Fleetyards
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Question: Will you avoid donor perks for this interation of EE?

I remember there to be a freaking teleport back when I briefly checked out the old EE. That would be horrible. Anything that grants an ingame advantage is, tbh.

Matt_Bradock

The Shrink
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I still prefer if as much stuff would be left on default as possible. People don't like specifically building for a single server. We need to be sure our ships will behave the same way they would behave anywhere else.

Nuclear Doughnut

A Radioactive Pastry
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    As I said Earlier in the thread, I will be revamping the donor perk system. The Old TP system was very much Broken and allowed for alot of abuse. I'm planning on changing how that system works and make it MUCH more balanced.

Unfortunately I cannot afford to pay for the upkeep and the continued costs of upgrading the server. In order to keep donations coming in I will HAVE to have some sort of perk for people for donating... Servers are expensive ya know :P And if we grow the community of EE back to what it was. We WILL need upgrades to the box that we now have.

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    If you need me to make, create, donate, or write anything, hit me up. I cannot however do videos.
    If you need a generic station, decorations around a warpgate, the warpgate itself, or some pirates, I could always refit the linebacker huehuehue (I have been procrastinating on that).

Need any lore, or some ships that have the same theme, I can try to help. Just... not any mega projects. You know I have an issue of completing things. :P

Matt_Bradock

The Shrink
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Feel free to use my pirate pack if you don't want to go too big right away :P I assure you, in groups, those ships can really ruin someone's day ;)

Thalanor

CEO Snataris Colonial Fleetyards
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I still prefer if as much stuff would be left on default as possible. People don't like specifically building for a single server. We need to be sure our ships will behave the same way they would behave anywhere else.
    Well, any changes that would strictly be upgrades to any ship built elsewhere are fine: better turret accuracy, better thrust (with same power consumption per block), etc.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    ETA on when the server will be online? i know you are working hard, and we are all anxiously waiting to see this new masterpiece :D

Nuclear Doughnut

A Radioactive Pastry
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    I would like by the end of October mid November... but its slow going. Its tough to do all this myself right now :/...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    May I ask where the server location is, At the moment there are no decent servers with good ping (for me anyway) and the old EE had great Ping for me.

Thanks for all your time and effort ND!

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    May I ask where the server location is, At the moment there are no decent servers with good ping (for me anyway) and the old EE had great Ping for me.

Thanks for all your time and effort ND!
    that will depend on who he eventually decides to colocate with.

Bogdan

Grand Master of OOB
    Reaction score
    Can't wait for this server to finally come out ^^

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Basically I'm cutting damage by a certain factor. We will see how much but overall the issue will be just to keep weapon damages from the megatitans in an amount that won't break the server.

Other configs will just be jump drive range, warpgate power, warpgate range, and of course factions
    It just occurred to me - would it be possible to link the damage to the HP damage penalty? That way weapons on smaller ships would be stronger and bigger ships would have a bit less of an advantage.
    Plus it would encourage people to not build server breaking ships and instead build a more medium size, since the larger ones wouldn't work as well, and would just become less efficient the bigger they get.

Last edited:
    Reactions: king_lem

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    It just occurred to me - would it be possible to link the damage to the HP damage penalty? That way weapons on smaller ships would be stronger and bigger ships would have a bit less of an advantage.
    Plus it would encourage people to not build server breaking ships and instead build a more medium size, since the larger ones wouldn't work as well, and would just become less efficient the bigger they get.
    probably not, no

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Seeing as SS is coming down again and I probably won't be going back when they restart, I'm thinking about coming back here... But I'm hearing things floating about having custom configs again. Can we please not? You can buff weapons nobody uses, boost the jump and warpgate range... But beyond that, I'd rather not have to change my ships around just to fit this server. If that happens I'll probably have to find somewhere else, or, god forbid, go back to SS and hope it doesn't restart again.