The EE2 Project

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Just wondering what lines of code are you guys messing with to change up how faction points work since this could be handy for other things as well like making planets and stations either cost something or generate something as well. :) Heck if you really wanted to be mean/nice you could do the same thing for ships over a certain mass too. :)

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11

Ah yes... good EE memories. Like getting your Taiwanese Economy Salvager stuck in a planet plate and needing to jump out.

jorgekorke

bottom text
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Oh, yea, good timing to remember me something.

How are salvaging beams going to behave ? Old EE was known for being easier since they were powerful, so no need to make a giant array from doom back then.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Some pictures there represent not even "good" memories, but "bad" ones :p Like that joel bricksco thing
    Please lol. You think Joel built that thing? That was an incomplete fleet command/support vessel, intended to be able to launch and repair fleets, but hold off an attacker at the same time. And I built that entire thing.

Matt_Bradock

The Shrink
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    LOL. At lest Joel got what was coming. He lasted 3 days on Shattered Skies before his ass got busted by the local admins and got permabanned for exploiting... and he got banned from EE even. It took far too long tho.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    LOL. At lest Joel got what was coming. He lasted 3 days on Shattered Skies before his ass got busted by the local admins and got permabanned for exploiting... and he got banned from EE even. It took far too long tho.
    Yeah, it did... Joel really should have been banned sooner than he was for one of the rules no one seemed to enforce: " Don't be a dick. Respect other players, and the admins"

Reaction score
    I tried. But none of the other admins wanted to deal with the wave of butthurt.

Matt_Bradock

The Shrink
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    None of the others. Why does that sound very specifically like Deadlis didn't want to handle it?

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    None of the others. Why does that sound very specifically like Deadlis didn't want to handle it?
    Actually, the issue was Gravy. All other admins saw the issue, and we actually banned him once, but Joel got to gravy before we could explain it and gravy overruled us stating that "Joel is a cool guy" and that we couldn't ban him.

Matt_Bradock

The Shrink
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Actually, the issue was Gravy. All other admins saw the issue, and we actually banned him once, but Joel got to gravy before we could explain it and gravy overruled us stating that "Joel is a cool guy" and that we couldn't ban him.
    Oh. Sorry, Deadlis.

That just made Joel an even bigger jerk. Sucking up to the head admin to be able to continue his mad rampage.
    Also, I think the common hate for Odium was a strong reason behind letting Joel run rampant (even though he wasn't picky, and attacked anyone he pleased, not just (s)Odium Pact) He posed as the necessary evil to drive Odium away. And well, in that regard he actually succeeded, since Odium left Elwyn for good.

Matt_Bradock

The Shrink
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    By achieving to get away with hacking and exploiting while others were forced toplay by the rules. Odium left Elwyn because they knew Joel was exploiting and all they saw from the admins is they turned a blind eye, IF they were active at all. While Shattered Skies just launched, with an active and popular staff (Saber, Raiben, Criss, Dalmont, SkylordLuke etc.) and ownership, and Odium wanted some good publicity; also to make sure if they are kept in line, everyone else is. (plus no donor perks and vote rewards make everyone equal) And they were right, since Joel lasted 3 days before he got busted, and his friends too got banned for exploiting and using 3rd party software to track players on the server. Because the staff was active and watching. The same zero tolerance for exploits did get Odium busted later tho, but that's another story, and luckily, me and the rest who make Khanid now, left (mainly for not wanting to put up with all that BS with bullying and hacking) before it happened.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Sign me the HfIL up! One question, though, where/is the whitelist location?

Oh, and also, are you going to allow blueprint uploads?

One more question. Does unprovoked raiding constitute "being a jerk"?

Nuclear Doughnut

A Radioactive Pastry
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    The server is not online yet. I have been working as much as I can to get Spawn Ready so I can start other infrastructure...

BP uploads will be there BUT they will not be unlimited like the old server (to Conserve HD space until we have $ for bigger drives