The EE2 Project

Thalanor

CEO Snataris Colonial Fleetyards
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Yes, that's why there is IMO a clear line to draw between config changes that make sense and those that are detrimental:

YES: Warpgates, jumpdrives, sectors, thrust,...
    NO: Power generation/usage/penalties, shields, weapons, armor,

This would ensure a more fun config but without changing relative ship strengths :)

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Massive "waffle guns" that use hardly any energy would be horrifying to see used by everyone. Waffle cannons, waffle beams, waffle missiles. It would be brutal.
    It doesn't do more damage, it's just better at block removal due to how poorly cannons and beam block removal capabilities scale.

Thalanor

CEO Snataris Colonial Fleetyards
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Better at block removal still means it changes the optimal configuration though (yes it would be more damage once the shields are down).

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    isn't that a definition of more damage
    Against blocks, not against shields :p. And if you use missiles there's no difference since there's barely any damage lost already. So yea, it's like "more damage" even though it's actually less damage loss (more or less the same thing).

Missiles actually had the penalty reduced from 10% more power per output to 2.5%. I'm assuming that it's because missiles already had much better scaling. However, that made me wonder as to why cannons and beams were stuck with atrocious block removal scalability.

Tbh, modifying the power penalty won't really fix the problem because it's caused by the piss stream beams and bb gun cannons staying the same no matter the size. So yea, you're right, it's better not to change anything, which is why I was only suggesting.

Last edited:

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    I'd personally change beams to suck less against armor, but the problem of them simply not being capable of penetrating armored blocks in the first place appears to be hardcoded.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Missiles actually had the penalty reduced from 10% more power per output to 2.5%. I'm assuming that it's because missiles already had much better scaling. However, that made me wonder as to why cannons and beams were stuck with atrocious block removal scalability.
    I think the missile energy usage per output was reduced because now we have some pretty decent PD/AMS turret cababilities. So missiles arent he end all, be all weapon they used to be if you have a good setup to defend against them. Sure its pretty easy to get missile spam through somebodys defense array, but they will still shoot down a large amount of missiles.

And cannons/lasers "suck" to prolong ship battles. Fights that end within 10 seconds because one guy fired first with his massive gun really, really blow. They are way more involved and fun with people flying around trying to land hits and ships that are built to properly handle itself in a fight.

Reactions: Ithirahad

Winterhome

Reaction score
    And cannons/lasers "suck" to prolong ship battles.
    Cannons are awesome. Lasers suck.

Beams are basically worthless as a combat weapon, with the sole exception of high alpha ion beams, which might as well be melee weapons lately.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Beam targeting is fixed as of next update, and I'd be surprised if next update didn't hit this week.

Reactions: Lecic

Winterhome

Reaction score
    Beam targeting is fixed as of next update, and I'd be surprised if next update didn't hit this week.
    That only solves part of the problems. Beams are also incapable of harming a ship with even as little as two layers of standard armor, due to the impossibility of hitting the same spot multiple times against a moving target.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Are you going to add a penalty for losing territory? (If it's possible to do that)

Just to make sure that shitters don't capture systems with two block stations, losing systems should HURT.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    How bad do you want it to hurt when anybody can go wipe out all your territory in the middle of the night while your faction is asleep?

Reactions: Zeveryn

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    How bad do you want it to hurt when anybody can go wipe out all your territory in the middle of the night while your faction is asleep?
    Seeing as you'd have to totally destroy every station and planet in just one SWD system, that by itself would take at least 4 hours.

That said how much it should hurt a faction not online to do anything. Maybe not as much as one that has someone online to do something but not sure.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Faction upkeep ticks are much longer. If you woke up to discover your enemy had blown up a lot of your territory, well... not only would you have time to reclaim some of it, you'd also be able to retaliate.

Nuclear Doughnut

A Radioactive Pastry
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Alright People I'm sorry for not giving an Official Update. I'd like to thank those who have been helping me out (Thryn Monarchy) as well as Lecic in particular for all his hard work on the new Station. With that in mind I'm going to give a full status update of what we've done.

Welcome to the Spawn. :D

More to Come From the Spawn Base.

We will be having massive Gates as "Control" points. Here's a prototype of one of such ones.

More Pictures to Come.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    So I heard that the sectors will be ~20km in size. Please adjust the weapon ranges and projectile speeds to make them reasonable, because with the default multipliers lock-on missiles with 60km range and warp level travel speeds would be a bit ridiculous :p

I'd say make default weapon ranges 5 or 10km and adjust base speed proportionally, no need to change the combo multipliers.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    If you guys need any help building stuff just let me know.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hey doughnut, I'm too lazy to sift through all the words. You are allowing external blueprints in so I can bring back my ship and complete it right?

Also I'd love to help with any building if needed.