The EE2 Project

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    Are you doing anything special for those few shops the server will have?

If so, I have an idea: a really tall station that is still narrow, like the standard shops we have now.

Actually, like an apple core, with a buldge in the middle, and a flare at the ends. And it would be like 1km tall, but mirrored on both ends.

We should recruit some master builders for this

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Are you doing anything special for those few shops the server will have?

If so, I have an idea: a really tall station that is still narrow, like the standard shops we have now.

Actually, like an apple core, with a buldge in the middle, and a flare at the ends. And it would be like 1km tall, but mirrored on both ends.

We should recruit some master builders for this
    Err that sounds disgusting imo

Reaction score
    • Railman
    • Wired for Logic
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Now we are encouraging people to be more active by making Members COST Faction points and Territory GAINING points. So the more territory your faction has. The more members you can have in your faction. This helps promote stability in the factions and encourages new players to join established factions and learn the game. You will still be able to play solo and be perfectly fine.
    interesting change! i like this idea, as it also sets factions up for cleaner breakages.

Thalanor

CEO Snataris Colonial Fleetyards
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    So I heard that the sectors will be ~20km in size. Please adjust the weapon ranges and projectile speeds to make them reasonable, because with the default multipliers lock-on missiles with 60km range and warp level travel speeds would be a bit ridiculous :p

I'd say make default weapon ranges 5 or 10km and adjust base speed proportionally, no need to change the combo multipliers.
    Yes, this is important. You can't really aim (or see) beyond 5km anyways, so please adjust weapon ranges to be sane - that also goes for projectile speeds. For instance, on NFD right now, projectile speeds are so fast that you don't even see cannon projectiles with half beam support anymore, and missiles would reach twenty times beyond visual range.

Can't wait to test my blueprints there (although the server might be done before my blueprints are) :)

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    Yes, this is important. You can't really aim (or see) beyond 5km anyways, so please adjust weapon ranges to be sane - that also goes for projectile speeds. For instance, on NFD right now, projectile speeds are so fast that you don't even see cannon projectiles with half beam support anymore, and missiles would reach twenty times beyond visual range.

Can't wait to test my blueprints there (although the server might be done before my blueprints are) :)
    Thats why I let the AI aim for me. Turrets ftw brah!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    yea,100% same here. i never has all of my blueprints done just because while working on one im getting like 2-3 new ones... (btw,when server might be done? :confused:)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    So... When is this server going to be open? If spawn is done or mostly done you could open it right now and keep working while people are getting started.

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    So... When is this server going to be open? If spawn is done or mostly done you could open it right now and keep working while people are getting started.
    Pretty sure there are financial and config issues.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    I'm finally back to work so the $ issue is starting to be mitigated. We just need to get a good SSD and then we can start looking for a Colocation facility for me to send this box too
    Would be awesome if we could have it open by Christmas, but that's kinda coming up fast... maybe new years?