StarSide Blood and Steel Tournament

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    Alright, as Sven and Souverainete Vanu talked it out, here is the updated brackets, you guys have switched places.

Hope this works.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Thanks raiben, it would have been difficult for me to play this evening ^^
    See you sunday, pilots

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    Yep, just gotta make sure Sven get's his notice :P

Anyway, competitors, check your emails(whatever email you used to submit your ships) as the Server and TS info should have been sent to you. We ask that you do not utilize either of them yet due to us not having admin support until around 11am EST. After that, feel free to log onto the server and/or TS for check in and explanation of how everything will work.

Thank you once again for all your interest and work for what will definitely be a great tournament! On behalf of all of the StarSide crew, I welcome you to the first official Blood and Steel Tournament! Fight well, and see you StarSide!

Reactions: Sven_The_Slayer

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    Just popping in for a few moments to mention that it seems like a lot of players will be fighting on Sunday, thus pushing the schedule out a little instead of being mostly on Saturday.

I assume the tournament will go as long as needed to ensure that the teams that've entered are able to fight out to completion of the tournament. If Sunday isn't enough, will the tournament be continued throughout the week, or will it be continued on the following weekend?

In other news, the ships Thryn are entering were rush jobs, so don't expect them to be terribly pretty. Us entering is more for our sake than for showing off.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Just popping in for a few moments to mention that it seems like a lot of players will be fighting on Sunday, thus pushing the schedule out a little instead of being mostly on Saturday.

I assume the tournament will go as long as needed to ensure that the teams that've entered are able to fight out to completion of the tournament. If Sunday isn't enough, will the tournament be continued throughout the week, or will it be continued on the following weekend?

In other news, the ships Thryn are entering were rush jobs, so don't expect them to be terribly pretty. Us entering is more for our sake than for showing off.
    They only have the server for the two days, all fights will be final on Sunday. Those who can't make it must provided alternative pilots or their ships might be set as AI

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Silver
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Everything seems to work as intended. Looking forward to some great fights.

Reaction score
    Sven, your ship is insane. The logic inside that thing is incredible. Excellent work.

I learned some things about systems and effective PvP setups just by spectating, let alone participating. Even though we were eliminated in the first round, I felt like I learned a few things.

I didn't even know there was a tournament on. I was just doing some building on Brierie, and TFinster was like "hey, let's submit our ships and fight in Blood and Steel!"

I was like, "what?"

So, I ended up taking a ship never intended for PvP and cutting down its weight slightly by removing the landing gear and umbilicals, an hour before the submission deadline, because it was all I had that was in the right weight range. :rolleyes:

Well, back to the drawing board.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    @Sven, people are talking about you in chat. I do hope we'll be able to get a video about the ship you built for the tournament, after the tournament is done of course. :)

Last edited:

Crashmaster

I got N64 problems but a bitch ain't one
    Reaction score
    I kind of hoped my logic swarmers would split up better. Seemed like a good idea at the time. Left wondering it my AMS would have bought me any time if I had remembered to declare war.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    Day one's bracket! Great job to all teams, and congrats to Sven_The_Slayer for making it to the finals!

Stay tuned tomorrow for day 2 and the finals at 1300 EST!

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Those damage beams from Sven were a big surprise in the final match. I was not expecting that.
    That big red crystal on the front of the ship wasn't just there for no reason and I actually did use them in round one too. Round two was fought at long range so I never got close enough to use them.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    It was glorious! well fought everyone and i really mean everyone, even the ai made it a bit interesting *giggle* :)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Are the whole fights recorded?
    I'd like to see what I missed yesterday once the tournament is over