StarSide Blood and Steel Tournament

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Raiben, Jan 30, 2015.

1. Raiben

On, behalf of myself, Dalmont, and Saber, I would like to announce our new project, StarSide! To kick things off, we decided to start with a tournament unlike any we have seen, and hopefully it will be a lot of fun. Learn more by clicking the video below!

The tournament rules are written out here for anyone interested as well: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ar9K6e3Rfgj5xwr8V-Pur9TkBGuU6H_K03SC2R202bA/edit?usp=sharing

Updated information for the tournament:

Ship submissions should be sent to: starsideyt@gmail.com

Thank you for your interest and looking forward to seeing you there!

See you StarSide!

#1 Raiben, Jan 30, 2015
      Last edited: Feb 6, 2015
      • Like Like x 5
    2. jath

I'll be submitting a ship. I'll also let my followers know about it.

3. Raiben

Awesome, We've gotten a few people saying they will be submitting which is great, hoping to see more teams, trust me, after some tests, teams working together well, can really rip apart a bigger ship... like.. seriously..

4. Comr4de

I'm a bit interested in this. Wondering why you're choosing to hold this during a weekday, when many people (myself included) will have work/class.

• Agree Agree x 4
    5. jorgekorke

Any customized configurations of block behavior, or it's just vanilla ? It's because most of my ships are made for EE, and I might have to refit them.

6. aceface

i think it should be ideally on a friday or saturday evening

• Agree Agree x 1
    7. CyberTao

CyberTao 鬼佬

Comr4deComr4de
      The google+ document says Sunday the 7th, but the 7th is a Saturday on my calender...

But yeah, it is scheduled for the weekend, make sure you are looking at the right month ('course, they may have just derped the date in the video)

8. aceface

i'm just saying, but putting a pure mass limit is asking for everyone to make system ships. Why not for example 10k mass systems, and 2k mass hull

• Like Like x 1
    9. CyberTao

CyberTao 鬼佬

Remember Aceface, they are going to review all of the submitted ships publicly as well (They have to be sent in in advance and approved I believe). Built a pure systems ship? Sure, but prepare to have your name dragged through the mud by some of the community's top Youtubers/Shipbuilders/Moderators for building a shit block.
      That said, they also mentioned multiple prizes (Best design, best team, actual winner, etc), might act as an incentive to get people to build fancier ships.

• Agree Agree x 1
    10. Raiben

To attempt to answer all of your questions:

acefaceaceface , yes people could build a brick, but due to the review, you wont be able to win the overall title, period.

Comr4deComr4de I appologize, I forgot to change the date in that document, the reason that it's on a weekday and not a weekend is because Dalmont, Saber and I couldn't all be together to cast, until then. However, if we have enough people, we will have the qualifiers those days and the finals on another day. This may change if we ever decide to do this tournament again in the future. It really was just the best time we could all come up with.

jorgekorkejorgekorke No custom block configs, the game is mostly stock(this allows anyone from any server to build their ships either in single player or on a stock server and test them so they know exactly what their ships will do during the tournament)

Hope this helped, and I am sorry for any inconvenience.
      --- Updated post (merge), Jan 31, 2015, Original Post Date: Jan 31, 2015 ---
      Google document has been updated to reflect the correct time for everything. If you want to enter, and will be late on your night, please include that in your email(and assuming you wont be late by too much) I will adjust the bracket to allow you to play as best I can!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    11. Lecic

Lecic Convicted Lancake Abuser

I've talked with some fellow Thryn members. We're probably going to be entering as a team.

12. Sven_The_Slayer

damn... I built my ship aiming for 12,000 blocks not 12,000 mass... well now it will be too small...

13. Sven_The_Slayer

Quick question, what will "MISSILE_DEFENSE_FRIENDLY_FIRE" be set to?

14. Raiben

Tournament Update!

Edit: New update

#14 Raiben, Feb 3, 2015
      Last edited: Feb 5, 2015
    15. CyberTao

CyberTao 鬼佬

Question; your plan is to do a review on all the ships on Sunday, then host the tournament on Monday/Tuesday, yes? Why not host it on Sunday and Monday, and do the reviews on Tuesday/in-between matches?

Would permit better commentary, talking about how it preformed, rather then speculating and guessing.

If it's cause you want to award all the trophies at once, couldn't you hold a winner's ceremony or something a few days after? I'm sure people would be willing to wait a few days if it meant a better opportunity for everyone to take part.

• Agree Agree x 2
    16. Raiben

So, we updated the date/time, hopefully this will accommodate all of you, however, this is the furthest we can push it back. Thank you all for your feedback and input, it has been invaluable. We at StarSide are new to the whole, collaborative channel and we greatly appreciate you guys bearing with us as we go through this teething process. The google doc has been updated and if there are any questions, feel free to ask them here or as comments on the video. Thanks again, and see you Star Side!

• Like Like x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    17. Keptick

Keptick Overkill titan builder

There's a very high possibility that I'll enter this tournament as a solo team.

See ya in the battlevoid, people >: D

• Like Like x 2
    18. HerrColonel

I'll try to build something I am satisfied within your limits and if I do I'll suscribe as a team with a buddy

19. Comr4de

Yeah I'll be running solo as well.

20. jorgekorke

I'll talk to my mates to see if we deploy a Clan RATO team.
      One question, there is no way for the ships we will use getting public, right ? I plan to use our original faction ships... If you know what I mean...