StarSide Blood and Steel Tournament

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    i was chatting with a friend of mine, he visited the discreet shipyards incorporated shooting range because last week they put in the new big target dummies... He mentioned something about a new big ship there using the range. I asked him the what kind of ship it was. He could not tell but sent me a picture. Strangely he didn't return with the group and the tourist bureau had him not listed as participant of the sight seeing trip.

So i guess this might be related hopefully he reappears after this tournament is done with.

undisclosed.png

ooc: yep, count me in

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    jorgekorke No, we wont be releasing your ships as public, we will be doing the review, which will talk about your ships, but we wont be making your ships public.

We're really happy to see so much interest and participation in this tournament already! Thank you all for bearing with us, I would suggest(personal opinion of course) you submit your ship a little earlier than the latest you can, just in-case there may be some problems(I hope this doesn't happen, but just in case). We will be checking mass etc within 12 hours of getting your ship(s), if there is a problem and if there is still time in the submission deadline, we will email you to tell you what needs to be fixed.

Again, thank you all for your time and looking forward to seeing everyone on the day! See you StarSide!

Reactions: Sven_The_Slayer
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    Hey guys, one last quick post for the moment, Saber, Dal and I will be live on twitch: http://multitwitch.tv/efsfraiben/gamingwithsaber/sfw_dalmont at about 1130 pm EST(might be a little later) for "office hours" so feel free to come by and ask any questions or level any critique at us during that time! We hope to see you there!

Edit: We had a great time and thank you all for coming out and joining in with the stupidity! Hope to see you guys again when we do another one!

Last edited:

Saber

3D Art Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Video Genius
    Just over a week left to get your ship rack's submitted!!!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    A few comments and questions, if you would humor me. When during Saturday the 21rst will the tourney commence, and in addition, do you have to compete Saturday to compete Sunday? Because if not, my competing may be an issue. Also, the rules say drones are allowed, but does that mean they can be AI'd and factioned before the match starts? Also, do they have to launched by a mothership, or can they start out separate?
    There's a very high possibility that I'll enter this tournament as a solo team.

See ya in the battlevoid, people >: D
    Inb4 the server and everyone in it dies to hundreds of drones. :)

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    Drumboy168 I hope this answers your questions, if I missed something or need to elaborate or you have more questions, feel free to ask!

Well, basically, all the drones need to be attached to your combat frame, and yes, they will be factioned. I would suggest having them on your mother ship, as you will be starting nearly 12km away from your opponent, AI doesn't do well picking out those targets and moving to attack at that range. however, if you must, yes, you can have AI on your main frame.

As for the competition times etc, we start at 1300 EST or 1800 GMT. When you compete or if you will need to be there both days is partially dependent on how well you do, however, we're willing to add in a few work arounds. If you will definitely have problems attending one day in particular(please don't do this just for a "preferred day, it actually can cause problems for the lineup itself), then include that in your email to the StarSide gmail, and we will do our best to make it so you can compete.

Reactions: Drumboy168
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Drumboy168 I hope this answers your questions, if I missed something or need to elaborate or you have more questions, feel free to ask!

Well, basically, all the drones need to be attached to your combat frame, and yes, they will be factioned. I would suggest having them on your mother ship, as you will be starting nearly 12km away from your opponent, AI doesn't do well picking out those targets and moving to attack at that range. however, if you must, yes, you can have AI on your main frame.

As for the competition times etc, we start at 1300 EST or 1800 GMT. When you compete or if you will need to be there both days is partially dependent on how well you do, however, we're willing to add in a few work arounds. If you will definitely have problems attending one day in particular(please don't do this just for a "preferred day, it actually can cause problems for the lineup itself), then include that in your email to the StarSide gmail, and we will do our best to make it so you can compete.
    Hmm. I was only asking because I was planning on using two main ships-one for me, and one for a Bobby AI. Also, I'll be sure to send such information, as I will very likely be unavailable on Saturday. Thank you for the expeditious and well considered reply.

Reaction score
    Would it be possible to watch the tournament as an observer?

Saber

3D Art Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Video Genius
    Would it be possible to watch the tournament as an observer?
    The tournament will be live-streamed by Raiben and myself on a multitwitch at Twitch TV (www.multitwitch.tv/efsfraiben/gamingwithsaber) and I will be creating highlight reels from the footage I take from the stealthcam. As far as being in server to observe, that is limited to competitors who are allowed to be docked in the central station and will use build mode to watch from there.

Reactions: hzzzln
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Let's say you survive a round barely do we get our ships fresh each round? It is single elimination right?
    Is there time planned for setting up the ship properly? like adding faction to the blocks in the turrets and such?

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Is there time planned for setting up the ship properly? like adding faction to the blocks in the turrets and such?
    Ideally, they would use /spawn_entity <BP name> <Spawned Ship name> <faction ID> <AI state> to spawn the ships, thus ensuring that everything is factioned on spawn (I would think anyways).

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Ideally, they would use /spawn_entity <BP name> <Spawned Ship name> <faction ID> <AI state> to spawn the ships, thus ensuring that everything is factioned on spawn (I would think anyways).
    thanks for that command, assuming it works... thing is i would otherwise have to spend some time with the turrets... if the ship just get's admin loaded.

Saber

3D Art Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Video Genius
    If this is in fact a command Raiben may know about it, but it's definitely news to me. We will however be doing whatever we can to ensure the downtime is at an absolute minimum for bringing in fresh ships for each round. Trust me, we don't want to wait any longer than you do. =P

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    If this is in fact a command Raiben may know about it, but it's definitely news to me. We will however be doing whatever we can to ensure the downtime is at an absolute minimum for bringing in fresh ships for each round. Trust me, we don't want to wait any longer than you do. =P
    The command exists it spawns the ships with the turrets factioned and everything but positions them at the target sector so i guess if we really just play in one sector we will both spawn in the center.
    another thing is that turrets are spawned with the Target setting "Any", NOT! the settings from the blueprint.

So Yes for the event i'd appreciate having little to no downtime but for the fighters it might be relevant to have the time to check their ships before entering the battle.

Maybe it would be a good idea having at least two arenas one where people can prepare their ships and one where the actual recording and battle takes place.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    Trust me mate, We got this :) Assuming you dont have over 500 turrets or something, we can easily use the /start_ship_ai command instead :)

You will get your ship fresh each time, no worries(we're aiming for less than 10 minutes between fights, which means we can easily faction everything with the admin support we will have).

We will have roughly as many arenas as there are fights, each will be a carbon copy of the others, but we will be using /change_sector to go from each after the fight so that each match is with a fresh new sector.

I hope I got everything there, I don't have a lot of time at this exact moment, but if I missed a question please tell me. I'll check back a little later today after I'm done with IRL stuff :)

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Trust me mate, We got this :) Assuming you dont have over 500 turrets or something, we can easily use the /start_ship_ai command instead :)

You will get your ship fresh each time, no worries(we're aiming for less than 10 minutes between fights, which means we can easily faction everything with the admin support we will have).

We will have roughly as many arenas as there are fights, each will be a carbon copy of the others, but we will be using /change_sector to go from each after the fight so that each match is with a fresh new sector.

I hope I got everything there, I don't have a lot of time at this exact moment, but if I missed a question please tell me. I'll check back a little later today after I'm done with IRL stuff :)
    Thanks Raiben, i was not worried i trust you guys know what you are doing :) Still it is better to read such a comment so thanks.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I'd really love another month to work on this shell but here she is, Drone Class Destroyer, The UCC Conflagration:

I used the logo I made for my YouTube channel as my frame.

This ship is probably the most evil thing I have built in Starmade. I've never done PVP but we shall see how she does.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    Reminder and a quick push back, you have until tomorrow at midnight EST to submit your ships, we've already gotten 7 teams submitted, and we don't want anyone to be left out!

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Reminder and a quick push back, you have until tomorrow at midnight EST to submit your ships, we've already gotten 7 teams submitted, and we don't want anyone to be left out!

Since the submission day has been pushed back if I have time can I give my ship one last passover and re-submit it? I'm really busy today and tomorrow but I may have time to fix one of the issues I forgot to to patch before I sent you the ship.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I finally did it ^^
    Small pics but I wait the tournament before showing anything relevant

Reactions: Lecic