StarSide Blood and Steel Tournament

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    It could have yes. My strategy was to let the AI grab most of the attention then outflank the opponent myself with the radar jammer and get into knife fighting range. It worked the first time but not so much in the second.

What I liked most about this tournament was the unique way the ships were designed to fit a particular battle strategy. I mean my first opponent had this crystal shield floating in front of the ship that looked really cool. I definitely see a use for that to keep missiles away from the main hull.

And the best thing is to see that a group of people in ships of lesser mass can defeat a ship of greater mass.

I’m also posing the link to the ship I used here for the people that are interested:

http://starmadedock.net/content/ws-storm-crow-mk4.2217/
    Yes you was not alway the targeted one and you could stay behind the big front-shielded ship (who looked awesome) and I found it awesome but you could have done even greatest thing with a mate. I find it very interesting to test methods of fight with my friend with who I play on SP (called Jamse in the tournament). But he disappointed me undocking his turret (our ship main weapon) at the start of the second fight xD. I'm ok with loosing, I think the monarchy would have won what ever what but I was very disapointed having to give up.

I hope you guys do a new tournament soon because it was awesome and I can't wait to try again thanks you organisators and players

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    Day 1 fights are now being loaded onto the channel. If you would like to watch them in a playlist, click here:

Blood and Steel Day 1 fights: http://bit.ly/1A1CAIQ
    Still waiting (impatiently) for the rest of the day one fights, let alone the day two fights.

I know, I am pressing a community member(s) to work harder and faster, when you are not paid for this and are giving us free stuff out of the goodness of your heart. But I have found 'very' little example of Starmade combat, let alone balanced contest. These videos are 'extremely' illustrative and educational to relative newbies such as myself.

Reactions: Drakkart

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Still waiting (impatiently) for the rest of the day one fights, let alone the day two fights.

I know, I am pressing a community member(s) to work harder and faster, when you are not paid for this and are giving us free stuff out of the goodness of your heart. But I have found 'very' little example of Starmade combat, let alone balanced contest. These videos are 'extremely' illustrative and educational to relative newbies such as myself.
    Well, it's probably better they didn't release them all at once. I sub to quite a few channels, and I would be a slight bit less than happy if my subscription feed got filled with these videos overnight, so there is that to consider (I think the ideal upload rate is 1-2 a day).

Also, it was livestreamed, so a slow release of recorded content is a prompt to get more people to watch it live, where they wouldn't have to wait. I'm waiting for all the Day 1s to upload, then gonna binge watch (which is apparently better for the channel's ranking).

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Day 1 Fight 1 from my point of view. I have my missile count turned up so you can get a really good look at the extent of this weapon system.

manical indeed *grin* nice one sven :)

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Day 1 Fight 1 from my point of view. I have my missile count turned up so you can get a really good look at the extent of this weapon system.

Hooooooly shit xD. Does a high number of missiles produce any significant fps drop? Cause I'm totally turning up my setting if it doesn't.

MrFURB

Madman of the Girders
    Reaction score

You're a madman. Let's all try to appreciate that.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Hooooooly shit xD. Does a high number of missiles produce any significant fps drop? Cause I'm totally turning up my setting if it doesn't.
    Yes turning up the number of missiles that render will have an effect on performance, you just have to find a setting your are comfortable with.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    Rest of Day 1 will be coming out today and tomorrow, then day two will be coming out a lot faster. Sorry about how long it took to get stuff rolling out, we had some trouble with the footage initially. Everything is fixed now though. Thank you to all who participated, and we at StarSide hope you enjoy!

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Rest of Day 1 will be coming out today and tomorrow, then day two will be coming out a lot faster. Sorry about how long it took to get stuff rolling out, we had some trouble with the footage initially. Everything is fixed now though. Thank you to all who participated, and we at StarSide hope you enjoy!
    I'm eagerly awaiting more of the reviews. Are they being posted elsewhere that I am not aware of? I've only seen one so far.

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    I'm eagerly awaiting more of the reviews. Are they being posted elsewhere that I am not aware of? I've only seen one so far.
    Same question, where are the other team reviews? :) and when will the jurys decision about who won the building part of the contest be posted?

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    Panpiper We had some problems with the footage, they should be mostly fixed, but yeah, working on it I promise.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Silver
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Panpiper We had some problems with the footage, they should be mostly fixed, but yeah, working on it I promise.
    Don’t worry we are a patient lot. Meanwhile I’ve been enjoying some playtime on the new star side server.

Reaction score

So logic rolled heatseekers.

You do realize that's going to be a common configuration in any future competitions now that you let that cat out of the bag.

I suspect you'd almost have to waffle a ship with 2 block cannon-missile guns using logic to keep them firing non-stop to counter it. But if it's multiship fighting, you just have to park your waffler near the enemy swarmer while the rest of your team blows that ship to hell.

Reactions: aceface

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    So logic rolled heatseekers.

You do realize that's going to be a common configuration in any future competitions now that you let that cat out of the bag.

I suspect you'd almost have to waffle a ship with 2 block cannon-missile guns using logic to keep them firing non-stop to counter it. But if it's multiship fighting, you just have to park your waffler near the enemy swarmer while the rest of your team blows that ship to hell.
    It's not like Sven was the only person using logic seekers. Spartan-089 was as well.

The logic swarmers have the major flaw of being nearly worthless as long as you keep the station between you and the swarmer, anyway.

Reaction score
    I wasn't using logic, just manual fire heat-seakers. And your right the station did make a pain and I think it should have been disclosed that would be a facit of the matches prior to the tournament since it would have effected my build. Regardless it was a good tournament for the first of its kind.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I wasn't using logic, just manual fire heat-seakers. And your right the station did make a pain and I think it should have been disclosed that would be a facit of the matches prior to the tournament since it would have effected my build. Regardless it was a good tournament for the first of its kind.
    I figured there was going to be a station, I didn't count on the spectator cores absorbing as many missiles as they did.