StarMade v0.199.646 - Build Mode

Discussion in 'Game News' started by schema, Jul 18, 2017.

1. nightrune

nightrune Wizard/Developer/Project Manager

Noted on window placement.

The second bug can be worked around by placing a block first, and will come back on each restart.

• Like Like x 1
    2. Atheu

Atheu Gone but not forgotten

this has been done countless times, and the station i'm using has been showing no sign of repair, i'm just glad the server i'm on has storage bleed turned off or we would have lost about 8 million volume of cargo due to this bug

3. nightrune

Does the issue persist if you blueprint it and spawn it again?

4. Atheu

Atheu Gone but not forgotten

Yes it has, Benevolent27Benevolent27 and I have been trying very hard to figure out how to fix it but we've been hitting a wall. Any solution we do, including spawning a new blueprint gets the same results, sometimes it will link properly then completely corrupt on the next load.

5. Durendal5150

Looking good so far. though with the new copy selection system I have to ask, are we going to get a free-placement paste sometime in the future?

6. Fays

I noticed that I couldn't seem to set symmetry planes without having a block in an active hotbar slot. Have you noted the same with your issue?
      --- Updated post (merge), Jul 22, 2017, Original Post Date: Jul 21, 2017 ---
      Do you have other members in your faction that can check the storage? A friend in faction was at our main station (which spends most its time unloaded) after the update, and tried to access storage's. He found the storage unlinked to the cargo space (which I had reconnected earlier in the day, along with trigger area, activation and warp gates), and was giving the warning: over capacity 12600.1%. He then tried to reconnect the storage to the 3 separate groups of cargo space we have set up, but it fixed nothing. I then went back to check it (was working on another station), and I was seeing only 67% full, no warning, everything connected as it should be. Clearing his cliant cache/ reloading the sector/ another relinking of storage-cargo didn't resolve the issue. Seemed the problem was limited to him. I put a single cargo & storage pair on the station with hull in it, he had no problems with accessing/ using that one.

7. DevajC

Can you tell me how to make the build mode panel transparent? I cant seem to find it in the menus

8. StormWing0

StormWing0 Leads the Storm

Ya that advanced build mode panel needs to have a clear On/Off switch somewhere easier to find.

• Agree Agree x 2
    9. DeepspaceMechanic

I checked this after reading your comment, and it's exactly how you described the problem/solution. The symmetry planes can't be fixed on any given block of a structure until you scroll the active slot on the hotbar to a position containing a block (i.e. we remain in the "click on block" step of setting a symmetry plane if the selected hotbar slot is empty).

As for the other problem mentioned in my previous post, making a copy of the "windowPositionAndSizeConfig" file after the desired changes are made, and replacing the reset file before starting the game/loading a world doesn't seem to solve the issue, unfortunately - which suggests that the reset to default happens upon starting the game.

#49 DeepspaceMechanic, Jul 22, 2017
      Last edited: Jul 22, 2017
    10. Zekester81

It was actually like that before this update for me, with every previous version of the game. I have always been unable to set a symmetry plane without having a block in my active slot.

11. StormWing0

StormWing0 Leads the Storm

I've had this problem since I joined, couldn't tell if bug or feature. >.>

• Agree Agree x 1
    12. Tshara

• You place blocks if you are clicking in the build menu and there is a service behind it you can place blocks on. (Arrows to increase fill size for example.)
      • The copy paste option is still not that intuitive. Selecting two points does not seem to work? Can only seem to select the first point and copy the blocks of my brush size. Wasn’t this changed? Why not use the same method as the line tool to select a box?
      • Remove blocks option is gone?

• Would love to see an option to immediately fill a line or other selection with the build helper.
      • Continue from that. Some additional shapes to be immediately filled like cubes or spheres as well. Or have this as a brush shape option. Would make landscaping actually possible in Star Made without tearing your hair out.

13. Ithirahad

Ithirahad Arana'Aethi

Wrong button. "Copy Selection" is what you're looking for.

14. Tshara

Thanks. That works.

15. vindicator

Yeah so it looks like this patch broke pretty much everything. My storage is disconnecting from cargo. No thrust on my ships. Transporters not working. Choppy performance. I'm not the only one... all of GenX Nova is having the same problems.

Honestly this seems like par for the course -- an update is released with "cool new features" and something critical is broken. But this time the bugs are so bad that the game is 100% unplayable. I'm so close to giving up on StarMade, no matter how much I love it.

16. nightrune

Hey vindicator,

That is incredibly frustrating, we have a fix for this particular issue in pre-build right now. Feel free to test that to see if its fixed the issue. It'll make it to release soon.

• Useful Useful x 1
    17. Valck

Since there have only been bugfix updates in the meantime, I'd like to leave some late feedback.
      • highlight function: IMHO when targeting an entity, it should be highlighted (highlit?) with all docked entities, so you get an outline of the entity and its turrets/doors/containers/landing legs/whatever, or just a turret and its barrel, or the barrel only, depending on how high up in the docking chain hierarchy the targeted entity is.
      • advanced build mode, middle mouse button: swap the "pick block" and "control entity" functions; rationale: it's (subjectively?) more common to need to pick another block than it is to switch to another entity; also, pressing <space>-something seems more natural to... space... into something.
      • advanced build mode, UI: closed and expanded state of groups *does not* persist between game sessions for me. Might be related to the window positions not sticking that somebody reported earlier in the thread.

• Useful Useful x 1