StarMade v0.199.646 - Build Mode

Discussion in 'Game News' started by schema, Jul 18, 2017.

1. Gamel

I prefer 2-4wks for dev build and 2-4months for stable
      At least in the dev build i will know how should i design/renew my ships.

The current example for the new power system is kind of blur

2. BurningTrails

Eh is anyone else unable to update or redownload StarMade after the new update?

3. Wolverines527

Wolverines527 Warrior/Builder

Thing is nothing worked on the ship there was no recharge rate even with aux power i reinstalled

4. Lancake

Lancake Head of Testing

It is possible to make most of the build mode panel transparent, although we were undecided whether to do it or not.
      Example picture (edit, forgot to link the picture ^^):
      [​IMG]
      Note: The empty space in between is still unusable, you can't click/build through it.

The info box at the left of the screen can be hidden:
      - If you're talking about the structure info, look for that toggle in the Display menu of the build mode panel on the right.
      - If you're looking to hide more information of your FPS and memory usage at the bottom left, look for the setting "Tech Info" in Options menu -
      Settings - Genera

As for the menu names when minimized, I don't think we can easily adjust the amount of space they take, especially if some translations for them could be longer than the English one.
      The option to completely minimize the build mode menu seems unnecessary though, as at least 2 or 3 of its sub menus get used frequently in building.

Personally, I don't see the need for a reset button when you can simply left click to set each slider to 1. But if we do some form of quick resetting, it needs to apply on all sliders or else you get inconsistent behavior for sliders that look exactly the same.
      Adding a button for each group of sliders would result in quite a lot more vertical spaces needed.

Perhaps right clicking a slider resets it? You still need to do it multiple times if there are more than one slider, but it's something extremely quick as you barely have to aim your mouse.

Interesting idea, giving some extra hud functionality only when wearing a helmet would be neat and also makes sense. Not entirely sure if we'll do the exact same thing you're suggesting but it's something to consider for sure.

---

Good find. Not all linking right now has this outline effect on purpose, as logic to logic/rails doesn't really benefit from it.
      In this case, it's an inconsistency to be ironed out. Will make a bug report for that.

We noticed something similar on the test server for a few sectors that weren't loaded for a while (most likely not loaded since last release). Unloading and loading that sector again got rid of any of those issues though. We were unable to reproduce this afterwards as even a direct conversion of previous release to latest Dev build didn't trigger anything out of the ordinary.

Going to check it out again, maybe I get lucky this time.
      --- Updated post (merge), Jul 19, 2017, Original Post Date: Jul 19, 2017 ---
      Thanks! We'll add it to the list.

5. Shaker

logged in, all ship weapons/computers had all modules set to 0, logged out ,cleared cache and logged back in after 3minutes and all is fine.

finally got the ion working, the clearing of the cache and reloading the sector seems to be the current fix.

another "bug" ive seen is the colored cooldown/chargeup dail shader over the numbered hotbar splicing through the square it is surposed to stay in.
      [​IMG]

#25 Shaker, Jul 19, 2017
      Last edited: Jul 19, 2017
      • Useful Useful x 1
    6. Lancake

Lancake Head of Testing

Interesting, that bug you're seeing with the cooldown points towards overcharging, see ⚓ T848 module charge can go over its limit
      Basically comes down that the current amount of energy in the module is more than the energy needed.

I'm not sure what you did beyond clearing cache and reloading the sector, but this might be something caused by leaving/entering the sector before it is unloaded (so within 30 seconds).

7. Macharius

Hello there, nice update I really like the new building menu, It's a way more user friendly now and damn so much potential !

We have encounter some critical bugs on our Mp server, seem like a message of non obfuscted stuff is spammed about ship and stations and talks about some errors in logs.
      And it's seem that some connections with modules are broken, transporters are all messed up and same for cargo wich sometimes loose their stocks. btw I don't know if others encounter those issues or if it's proper to our server.

8. nightrune

nightrune Wizard/Developer/Project Manager

Please clear client cache in tools first. Then for older builds let the sector load and unload. That seems to clear most of the issues as we look into it deeper.

• Useful Useful x 2
    9. Macharius

Tanks a lot ! I'll transmit it.

10. JumpSuit

JumpSuit Lost-Legacy Director

Very much Noted.

11. DeepspaceMechanic

These comparatively minor changes/bugfixes/new features alone should be enough for a few tears of joy:
      ( Thanks guys, awesome as always! :^D )

• Fixed "Rail or display connection not shown or desync after logic swap"
      • Fixed "Thrust setting not saved in Blueprint"
      • Fixed "Wireless connection isn’t wireless when on same Entity except Asteroids"

Untitled.png

EDIT: I just checked things in-game and saw the new templet layout... Time to say a prayer in front of our secret little cat statues ( :schema: ).

#31 DeepspaceMechanic, Jul 19, 2017
      Last edited: Jul 19, 2017
      • Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Useful Useful x 1
    12. Wolverines527

Ok i hope they can fix that soon i really like the update i really like the things added just those and the weapons not working are the biggest problems i noticed but if that is what is wrong i can work around it hope the updates come sooner even if theres minor updates between the big ones :) ether way im staying on faithful to the game

13. dddppp

Now all logic connections with wireless module to or from any other logic block seems invisible, not only wireless-wireless connection. Not sure if it was supposed to be like this.

14. Wolverines527

another bug is that the auxiliary power isn't showing up and that is my ships major power source
      --- Updated post (merge), Jul 20, 2017, Original Post Date: Jul 20, 2017 ---
      censored.png
      the regular shields work fine but this is what I'm getting
      --- Updated post (merge), Jul 20, 2017 ---
      so I'm going to be staying on the last build till it is more refined

15. BurningTrails

Help pls my StarMade downloads up to 46% before halting

16. nightrune

nightrune Wizard/Developer/Project Manager

I think everyone would rather have it sooner rather then later. It's our main priority right now. Keep on the look out for devbuilds.

• Informative Informative x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    17. Omega563

The new Tool Menu is way to intrusive. I get that you would want to be able to tell new players how to access build mode but I personally think that should be tied to the help menu key along with the Help Menu that pops up for a new universe by default, and should be hidden if the Help Menu is hidden.
      Additionally there should be a way to easily hide the Tool Menu itself or an option in the General Settings Menu to change the behavior of the Tool Menu; examples may be something like:
      1. Tool Menu visible all the time when in build mode (Sticky)
      2. Tool Menu is sticky when Help Menu is visible (Toggle)
      3. Tool Menu visible only when holing left control (Minimize)

p.s. Love the highlighted target entities.

18. Shadow2Lead

Mirrored replace being in is great. Thank you for adding it, building in cubes and then smoothing afterwards goes much faster now

19. Drakkart

thank you so much for that "heat indicator" that should have come with the sundamge changes tbh. but better late then never. Now since you chnged the adv. buildmode ui but left out the template organisation tools of arranging your templates in folders and such when is that going to come then seriously such a powerful tool but then it lacks useability because of not being able to organize your templates... how about you include it with the fixes to template orientation stuff?

Good update! GJ

20. DeepspaceMechanic

Sorry if this isn't the first time this is brought up, but there seems to be two bugs in this update (for me at least), the minor one is the "window position and size" settings resetting after every restart of the game, and the major one is the occasional inability to set the symmetry planes on any given block, which means building without symmetry planes (restarting the game solved this, then it came back) :unsure:

#40 DeepspaceMechanic, Jul 20, 2017
      Last edited: Jul 20, 2017