StarMade 0.15 is out

Reaction score
    I feel like this update could be kept in dev for some weeks, but in SP it's fine you just have to edit the settings you don't like
    Is there any line to set the quantity of shields granted by a single block?
    This can be done with this line

<ShieldCapacityTotalMul>495</ShieldCapacityTotalMul> <!-- shieldRecharge = ((totalUnitShieldRecharge*ShieldRechargePreMul)^ShieldRechargePow)*ShieldRechargeTotalMul -->

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    This can be done with this line

<ShieldCapacityTotalMul>495</ShieldCapacityTotalMul> <!-- shieldRecharge = ((totalUnitShieldRecharge*ShieldRechargePreMul)^ShieldRechargePow)*ShieldRechargeTotalMul -->
    Thanks! The total shield capacity was too high for any non-ion weapon

Reaction score
    Thanks! The total shield capacity was too high for any non-ion weapon
    They were set to handle a bit over 1 minute 30 seconds of weapon fire from equivilantly sized weapon systems,
    this was meant to prevent the exploit of starting a battle off by simple nuking the target with missile/pulse combos (since these are set on a 1.5 minute cooldown and do 450 damage, 110% of that is 495)

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/ki4loq05kw87x3w/blockBehaviorConfig.xml download this, overwrite it into your starmade/data/config file and try out the changes to shield power costs, power tank buff, and cannon velocity buff.

I doubt this will fix the huge cannon glitch I found. I'm rendering the bug report video now.

This is the best i can do for "hotfixing" for you until schema is awake, as i dont have access to change patches directly.
    Sven_The_Slayer... Have you tried to use the beam weapons yet? They are supposed to be much more accurate that the conventional weapons and might be better for taking out smaller more maneuverable ships. What you have there looks like it would be effective against larger slower moving vessels instead of small fighter craft like the Isnath.
    Considering the Isanth circles me at 1K out I doubt the laser turrets will reach that far. The Point defence turrets should be more than a match for an isanth regardless if they use cannons. Also there are no "slower" craft in starmade.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    They were set to handle a bit over 1 minute 30 seconds of weapon fire from equivilantly sized weapon systems,
    this was meant to prevent the exploit of starting a battle off by simple nuking the target with missile/pulse combos (since these are set on a 1.5 minute cooldown and do 450 damage, 110% of that is 495)
    90s of firing on my target is a pain in my opinion. Ion weapons can improve this a lot that's true but I feel like getting the ennemys shields down with this config will be hard.
    So the hulk missile have enough damage to nuke a shield of the same size one shot if I tweak this parameter down but how behave the remaining damages on the blocks? What is left of the missile's damage when shields break is divided between the blocks of the initial radius? Or the radius goes down with the damages? I don't know if the hulk missile breaking the shields is such a loss because it's still a 90s cooldown.
    And what with thoses giant sized carrier-like shields? how to bring them down without building the same size giant hulk?

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    has anyone noticed that turrets don't fire missiles? as well as the other weapons? i was doing some testing and i spawned a pirate isanth and the only time that the turret fired back at it was when AMCs (cannons) were equipped to it. when it had the other weapons equipped it just sorted did nothing. did i do something wrong or is this just a bug.

Also i was hoping in the future we get those pulse lasers that i heard were coming. if anything i was just hoping for a different animation since its weird to have the beams hit your target and u have to wait for the damage to be applied. for an idea of what I'm talking about just think of the way laser weapons work in Mechwarrior games (firing a sustained beam for about a second before stopping)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    has anyone noticed that turrets don't fire missiles? as well as the other weapons? i was doing some testing and i spawned a pirate isanth and the only time that the turret fired back at it was when AMCs (cannons) were equipped to it. when it had the other weapons equipped it just sorted did nothing. did i do something wrong or is this just a bug.

Also i was hoping in the future we get those pulse lasers that i heard were coming. if anything i was just hoping for a different animation since its weird to have the beams hit your target and u have to wait for the damage to be applied. for an idea of what I'm talking about just think of the way laser weapons work in Mechwarrior games (firing a sustained beam for about a second before stopping)
    I personnaly don't like the actual lasers, and stick to the old cannons. They need to be rethinked to be fun. I watched the video you linked this mechanic looks more awesome I would like they try to do somethink like this. The damages would happend instantly (and instant travel) but the beam would be off while "recharging". So regular lasers will fire a fat laser instantly then recharge and laser+cannon combo could fire like the "high rof laser" the mecha have in your video like at 1minute.
    edit: we could also have a combo with lasers (like laser-pulse or laser-minelayer dunno if this weapon is still planed) that would do a laser that keeps firing and do continuous damages on the target, but would need like a charge before firing. (in your video the big green lasers near 1 minute too looks like it)

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I personnaly don't like the actual lasers, and stick to the old cannons. They need to be rethinked to be fun. I watched the video you linked this mechanic looks more awesome I would like they try to do somethink like this. The damages would happend instantly (and instant travel) but the beam would be off while "recharging". So regular lasers will fire a fat laser instantly then recharge and laser+cannon combo could fire like the "high rof laser" the mecha have in your video like at 1minute.
    edit: we could also have a combo with lasers (like laser-pulse or laser-minelayer dunno if this weapon is still planed) that would do a laser that keeps firing and do continuous damages on the target, but would need like a charge before firing. (in your video the big green lasers near 1 minute too looks like it)
    As far as I know there was some technical problems when adding the charge lasers. I think this weapon type is planned for a future release as a separate weapon type. As for the current lasers, they should have a graphical pulse for the damage ticks instead of a constant on, or if they must remain on then they should have some graphical representation of the damage tick.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Balance issues on vanilla I've got so far:

1. Shield strength nearly tripled, however the ship is functionally crippled while it charges
    2. Stations design to not be invulnerable homebases cannot operate factories until shield charges (slow)
    3. Power generation levels have dropped, perhaps too much.
    4. Weapons too slow for the power consumption
    I'm totally expecting to re-make all my ships but will probably need an excel type sheet to balance the power/shield/weapons combination. As a total side note we MAY want to put a 'tag' in the Community Content items (Ships & Stations) as to the version they are for as the upcoming changes to the config will make ship work (or not) in various settings.

jorgekorke

bottom text
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Is that just me, or sometimes, the weaponry linking doesn't work ? I'm trying to apply a rapid-fire cannon to my fighter (Weap Comp. + Weap Comp.) , doing everything right since both computers appears on the weapons menu, with one as "master", and the other as "support". Still firing slowly, and with high damage...

Not sure if it's a bug, or if I'm doing something stupidly wrong. Can someone lend me a hand ?

Reaction score
    You need to attach AMCs to the supporting AMC computer as well. They won't fire, but they'll alter the firing AMCs.

That bug explains why my rapid fire AMCs were sucking so much. 1000 AMCs with 1000 slaves only did 500 damage per shot.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Dammit Schema, not you too!

Downloaded Star Citizen Arena Commander module; 11GB; Wednesday afternoon through to Thursday midday.

Downloaded League of Legends patch 4.9; 600MB; Thursday afternoon after previous patch.

Downloaded Battlefield 4 patch; 600MB; Thursday night.

Downloading StarMade v0.15; Friday afternoon.

Have there not been enough major game in the past few days?!?

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    So far I have tested three weapon combos, the rapid fire, the artillery and the sniper. All of these have DPS that varies wildly between master/slave ratios and some ridiculous combinations. A 1000:1 artillery cannon will fire faster than a rapid fire gun while keeping a higher DPS, a 1000:1 rapid fire cannon will take 100 seconds to reload and a 1000:1 sniper cannon will only fire two meters with a projectile speed of .8

Attachments

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Well this was a very underwhelming news post for one of the most hotly anticipated Starmade updates ever...

Still: yay! Congrats for release, and especially thank you to those who helped test it.

Reaction score
    How do I make a piercing effect cannon? The update notes don't really seem to get into how to achieve these effects.

Reaction score
    yea power is deffo an issue. with the shields being buffed massively and the power need for weapons raised its really hard to do anything. the server config files will need to be massively changed via trial and error in order to get things working again. also turrets are pretty much useless. but i have faith in schema and that they will get to a more permanent solution (prob a power buff)

Reaction score
    But those are 4 Blocks (2*CPUs+2*Weapon Blocks) vs one lonely shield block... and in the past the big ships tended to consist in half of shield blocks (because shields are perfect for filling material)

Sven_The_Slayer It seems as the boni are multiplicated all the way and not added, atleast this should be easy to fix.
    (btw it is the same with missiles + beam slave, but there i could see a try to balance against lock on precision)

Last edited by a moderator: