Shield Helicarrier Project. (wip)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    This is my Daedalus (the one and only IMO :D) after an encounter with the unfinished Helicarrier for a gun test. This was AI damage only I played no part in the shooting and the Daedalus was under AI control too.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Obviously a ship as large as the helicarrier will have massive power consumption for shields and movement alone.... so with the game limits I have had to go down the Modular power cell road, my first attempt seems pretty decent , 1.3million power off each cell with 823,00 e/s almost totally transferring all power in one burst of the power transfer beams over 1 million a second off one cell! I intended having 16 of them all neatly lined up but may not need that many ! I have made a constantly running timing device to activate each of an 8 cell cluster (a Battery) one after another so it ends up that no less than 4 cells out of eight are transferring power at the same time. Not sure if I am doing it right but it certainly beats filling the hull up with thousands of power modules. :D

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I actually have a problem that I didn't expect..... when I don't have the power cells activated my frame rate is about 140-160, as soon as I activate them my frame rate drops to 12-14 FPS this is obviously caused by the beams ? any ideas how to transfer power with out an FPS hit?

Reactions: darknassius

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    I actually have a problem that I didn't expect..... when I don't have the power cells activated my frame rate is about 140-160, as soon as I activate them my frame rate drops to 12-14 FPS this is obviously caused by the beams ? any ideas how to transfer power with out an FPS hit?
    You can maybe decrease the overall hit by making sure your view is in front of the beams.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    You can maybe decrease the overall hit by making sure your view is in front of the beams.
    Only problem is the beams are so long they go near full length of ship when they first activate so I cant avoid them..... hmmm maybe its the length of the beams that is causing the lag, I may need to redesign the "Batteries" so that they provide more beams but a shorter length and see if that works.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Did you try to modify your settings ? You should try to turn off the MultiDraw thing ...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Any news of the Helicarrier ?
    Sadly the server we use, A Smelter 2GB one has not got the ability to cope with the size of the Helicarrier anymore, it seems to be constantly crashing the server, I can run it on my home computer as a server and it does not crash and also in singleplayer so I have not done too much on the carrier these last few days, started on the dome underneath and the control room side panels but feel a bit disappointed that my creation will not be appreciated by people due to its demands on the servers. :(

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Since when does that keep people from appreciating it?
    was hoping it could be uploaded and people could have used it in a roleplay scenario or as a ship base station but seems like its too big for that, wont stop me working on it though as I am mainly doing it for my enjoyment :)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    was hoping it could be uploaded and people could have used it in a roleplay scenario or as a ship base station but seems like its too big for that, wont stop me working on it though as I am mainly doing it for my enjoyment :)
    You can upload it, but not all the servers and the computers will handle it :). Personally, my computer is rather powerful :D

Reactions: Rodeown

Thalanor

CEO Snataris Colonial Fleetyards
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    It looks like the power cells each have multiple beams. Have you tried just 1 output? That should, like, reduce the performance strain by 90%.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    only problem with that is I was trying to dump as much power as possible in as short a time as possible into the ship because when this girl needs to shift her ass in battle she sucks so much power she is like a leech on steroids! doing it slowly would work to an extent but I would not be able to move her and fight at the same time...... I will sort something out I am never beaten by a problem, either I will come up with something or one of you experts on here will find a soloution for me :D. there is no rush she wont be battle ready for many months yet so I can ponder over the issue when it is essential.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    yeh looks great. this is going to be an amazing ship, i feel it

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I have a little idea but I don't know if it's possible ... You should try to put docked core under the command bridge and make them turn at 45°. And then you can build the control-computers-things diagonally :) I don't know if it's a good idea but you should try.