Shield Helicarrier Project. (wip)

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Only a couple of times.... hmm I usually hate what I have done and redo it numerous times till I am happy lol. I tend to make the basic structures then go round tweaking and sorting to my liking then tart it all up afterwards. then I see a better way of doing it and take it apart and start again :)
    Oh trust me. A 'couple' is an understatement. If you look at one of my ships i redid the front about 7 times, blew it up 3 times and started over, and messed around with the legs for about 2 weeks straight till i got them how i wanted them. And don't get me started on the hangar....

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Okay just to give you an idea of rough size of this... at present it is 1373 metres long and 807m wide, it wont get much wider but will certainly get longer :-D I parked the Daedalus on one of its rotors just for a comparison shot...WOW even I am shocked how big this is.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Compare it the Daedalus in the Community Content. Not A Daedalus THE Daedalus ;)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Completed the first testing of the full launch and docking system with the Jet blast shields incorporated into it all controlled by sensors under the rails, it is expandable one bay at a time, hope you like as it took hours of work to debug and still needs testing more. Trying to make it fool proof. Once completed I will also be covering the whole of the rail system with AREA Triggers as suggested previously by Iceman6491 to stop people randomly docking anywhere on the tracks and messing the logic up, will just leave the center line clear for docking on. I do have an idea of using a BLOCK SYSTEM on the rails also... like on railways where an entity will not be able to pass into the next section of rail if it already has another entity running on it. This is easily incorporated with track sensors on entering a section and on leaving a section.

Thinking that I will also need a RESET button that will set the whole system back to default just incase something messes up... that will be a challenge to design Lol.

Anyway here is the video of our first testing of a 2 bay docking and launch system. apologies for my annoying voice :-D

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Been working on the Winter Soldier type turrets for the helicarrier the last day or two. :-D

down the inside of each barrel is 1000+ missile modules controlled by 3 missile computers with damage beam for Lockon and also 100% explosive modules on each barrel, these things are big guns !

Reactions: darkvador83

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Nicely done!

Will we see space capable versions of those transports seen in Age of Ultron? (More like the minor set back of Ultron :p)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    cool! Nice turrets, what are the dimensions of those?
    The square base is 49x49 and the barrels are about 130 in length not checked exact but that is what I remember from building it earlier :D

Reaction score
    Here is a quick shot of my quinjet surveying the work in progress and my Bro PietBergen is stood under the wing of it, just gives some comparison of size of this thing lol he is TINY!

LOL indeed... I look like a flea on a dogs back!

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold

I can't wait to see this fully fleshed out. It's just so... huge. Potential to be one of those iconic SM ship builds.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Are you going to release this (very beautiful) ship on the Dock ?
    I intend to release it.... but only when I am happy (or bored) with it :D this one is a labour of love, I honestly did not realise what I was taking on trying to do a 1 to 1 replica but at least I am learning and enjoying it. The turret guns have slowed me down the last day or two, they have taken longer than expected to get working correctly, but thankfully we now have 5 installed on deck and done some testing today to see if they function correctly. Mass enhancers were needed in the rotating turret base to cope with the heavy weight of the barrels because before that they moved at a snails pace. Each turret has its own power and shields installed in the base to reduce the drain on the main ship in battle. We did film a video of them in action today but the sound failed :(. they have no problem despatching 20 pirates in one go, it takes a minute or two but it is satisfying seeing an Isanth-VI reduced to dust in one hit. My Daedalus was taken out quite effectively by the helicarrier aswell, the only thing that stopped it was 4 Daedaluses? (Daedali?) :D in one go but even then I don't have many shields on the carrier yet and also don't have any cannons or damage beams etc , it was just a test and it worked better than expected.

Here is a picture of the Turret guns installed

Oh yes I have also started work on the hull plating on the underside.

Reactions: Rumcajz
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I intend to release it.... but only when I am happy (or bored) with it :D this one is a labour of love, I honestly did not realise what I was taking on trying to do a 1 to 1 replica but at least I am learning and enjoying it.
    Thanks for your answer ! I love your work !