Shield Helicarrier Project. (wip)

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    I actually have a problem that I didn't expect..... when I don't have the power cells activated my frame rate is about 140-160, as soon as I activate them my frame rate drops to 12-14 FPS this is obviously caused by the beams ? any ideas how to transfer power with out an FPS hit?
    Try to reduce the amount of beams to 1 per docked reactor, that should already help a lot. You can get the exact same power performance as right now with single outputs (just group them all together, it'll transfer the same amount of power), using more than 1 is useless and will only cause more lag. Other than that the lag can't be avoided, I get around 80 fps looking at my ship fully loaded in and that drops to around 30 when the 40 reactors are activated. I talked about it with Lancake (a tester) , no idea if he talked about it with the devs though. Something somewhere is hogging resources like crazy, with the computer I have stuff like this shouldn't happen, especially not with 40 beams. You also want to have more power capacity on the ship to ensure that it won't run out of power between the reactor bursts.

And holy shit you build fast (or just have a lot of free time), either way this is impressive. Keep up the great work, hopefully we'll be able to battle it out between our titans some day :P

Last edited:

Lancake

Head of Testing
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Tester
    Try to reduce the amount of beams to 1 per docked reactor, that should already help a lot. You can get the exact same power performance as right now with single outputs (just group them all together, it'll transfer the same amount of power), using more than 1 is useless and will only cause more lag. Other than that the lag can't be avoided, I get around 80 fps looking at my ship fully loaded in and that drops to around 30 when the 40 reactors are activated. I talked about it with Lancake (a tester) , no idea if he talked about it with the devs though. Something somewhere is hogging resources like crazy, with the computer I have stuff like this shouldn't happen, especially not with 40 beams. You also want to have more power capacity on the ship to ensure that it won't run out of power between the reactor bursts.

And holy shit you build fast (or just have a lot of free time), either way this is impressive. Keep up the great work, hopefully we'll be able to battle it out between our titans some day :p
    Tested it out on most beams, they all have the same performance drop although damage beam has a bigger drop, considering it hits more blocks due to penetration. Talked to schema about it so he knows about it.

Reactions: Keptick
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I have a little idea but I don't know if it's possible ... You should try to put docked core under the command bridge and make them turn at 45°. And then you can build the control-computers-things diagonally :) I don't know if it's a good idea but you should try.
    Ohhhhhh I love that idea, Thank you my friend, :D you have made me a very happy guy, I will work on that idea later maybe.

I have not had much time to work on building this week as I have just got a Quad Copter to play with so have been "outside" you know, that place with trees and stuff that smells strange and doesn't get laggy :p
    [DOUBLEPOST=1437257933,1437257649][/DOUBLEPOST]

And holy shit you build fast (or just have a lot of free time), either way this is impressive. Keep up the great work, hopefully we'll be able to battle it out between our titans some day :p
    Keptick, yes thanks for that I will give it a go and Thanks Lancake for looking at it too. and yes Keptic it would be fun to have a battle one day, many years from now when I get it finished ;) having some major issues with lag when the turrets are activated by the AI spawning, not sure if it is my turrets or the AI causing the problem ATM.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Ohhhhhh I love that idea, Thank you my friend, :D you have made me a very happy guy, I will work on that idea later maybe.

I have not had much time to work on building this week as I have just got a Quad Copter to play with so have been "outside" you know, that place with trees and stuff that smells strange and doesn't get laggy :p
    Oh yeah, I like to see those strange things :D Glad to see that you love my idea :)

Reactions: Rodeown

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold

[DOUBLEPOST=1437257933,1437257649][/DOUBLEPOST]

Keptick, yes thanks for that I will give it a go and Thanks Lancake for looking at it too. and yes Keptic it would be fun to have a battle one day, many years from now when I get it finished ;) having some major issues with lag when the turrets are activated by the AI spawning, not sure if it is my turrets or the AI causing the problem ATM.
    It's the AI being incredibly stupid and trying to force turn the turret beyond physical limitations, causing immense collision lag in the process.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    It's the AI being incredibly stupid and trying to force turn the turret beyond physical limitations, causing immense collision lag in the process.
    So I take from that, atm, the only way to stop that would be making turrets that can turn 360 degree on all axis X-Y-Z with out any obstruction? if that is so why don't Schema and his crew of space Knights :D include a custom setting so we can click on the turret docker block and tell it how far it can rotate left/right or up/down in degrees, depending on how it is positioned, then we would be able to build a variety of AI turrets on ship ships that will not attempt to turn beyond their physical limits, that would be my way of dealing with it, most people building these sort of ships I would hope would have enough sense to be able to work out how far their turrets should turn. Saying that if you make something foolproof there is always a better fool being created :D

Only other way is some sort of limit test after build where the turret goes into a test mode to check for obstructions and remembers those limits so it does not go over them again? don't know, just throwing out ideas as they spark to life in the grey matter that is my brain, something might be useful :)
    [DOUBLEPOST=1437290572,1437289083][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I have a little idea but I don't know if it's possible ... You should try to put docked core under the command bridge and make them turn at 45°. And then you can build the control-computers-things diagonally :) I don't know if it's a good idea but you should try.
    This is what I had already created but I will re-visit the control deck again using your wonderful idea and see what I can do with it, the grey level could be a whole docked entity with the desks/consoles on it.

[DOUBLEPOST=1437293727][/DOUBLEPOST]And here we have a quick proof of concept using DarkVador83 idea of a docked floor :D

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    It's been a long time since you didn't post anything :D
    Been busy with Real life, its the holidays here and as my wife works at a school she is on holiday for six weeks so we have been having "Our Time" :-D, I will get back to the helicarrier..... hopefully the lag issues will have been addressed by then :-D

Reactions: Trollerbobman
    Reaction score
    Just started work on a shield helicarrier, its going to be big.

Hey man If you done with this I really wanna know I really interesting in this BOSS helicarrier Just not to forget a cloak. And Quinjet

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Compare it the Daedalus in the Community Content. Not A Daedalus THE Daedalus ;)
    looks almost like mine that i am building now.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1453968356,1453967680][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I actually have not seen Age of Ultron yet.... MY Bad :eek:
    there is no new helicarrier in age of ultron, only an old one.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1453968670][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I have a problem....... can you see where the windows for the control deck are underneath.... well I would have liked my core in there, tried to import it into smedit to move the core but it wont load, must be too big or something.
    Anyone got any ideas for moving the core or do the developers have any idea if they are going to give us the option in future or if they can give us a REMOTE core that connects to the main core and gives you all the commands of the main core? so many times now I have made a ship to find the core has been put in the wrong place and would love to move it after building. :)
    Smedit is bugged at the moment it cant load any new blueprints in sadly.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    It would be amazing to do a community build of a carrier like this. Anyone interested? 1:1 and all. Rp and Logic and stuff.

If someone had a bp that was started and wasn't going to be finished that the group could start from.

Been busy with Real life, its the holidays here and as my wife works at a school she is on holiday for six weeks so we have been having "Our Time" :-D, I will get back to the helicarrier..... hopefully the lag issues will have been addressed by then :-D
    Lots of the lag issues are fixed.

Nope, but I'm starting to feel stabby.
    We can build our own, after the stab-nado...

Reaction score
    did not expect to bring so much life back into this thread.
    i am making this at some point. full rp.
    but i am working on another ship first.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Wow Time flies when life grabs you by the balls....... Had fun with my quadcopter and been ill and got a new dog in real life! many months later I look in to see if there have been any updates and WOW just WOW! looks like a hit squad is out to get me :-D Therimmer96 is feeling stabby! :-D OMG well looks like I need to spend some time getting aquainted with my girl again before I cease to exist lol. Where was I up to... oh yeah I was working on the control bridge....

Reactions: JimmyJamba
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Wow Time flies when life grabs you by the balls....... Had fun with my quadcopter and been ill and got a new dog in real life! many months later I look in to see if there have been any updates and WOW just WOW! looks like a hit squad is out to get me :-D Therimmer96 is feeling stabby! :-D OMG well looks like I need to spend some time getting aquainted with my girl again before I cease to exist lol. Where was I up to... oh yeah I was working on the control bridge....
    OH MY GOSH HE IS NOT DEAD !