Shield Helicarrier Project. (wip)

Reaction score
    This is coming along nicely, amazing work!

Please tell me you are going to have spinning parts....

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    This is coming along nicely, amazing work!

Please tell me you are going to have spinning parts....
    Hee Hee, yes it will have spinning rotors , nice shiny blue illuminated ones sort of a cross between the winter soldier and marvel helicarrier.

Managed some more of the hull plates and prepared for inserting the vents in the side of them today.

Reactions: darkvador83
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    well I have been busy today, the structure of the MHC is slowly taking on some amazing lines, it is extremely hard to create curved surfaces that are not flat and have flowing lines but as you will see from the screenshot I have devised a technique of placing in lines from one edge to another then filling in between them..... a bit like colouring in really, just have to make sure I don't go outside of my lines but in 3 dimensions :p.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I have a problem....... can you see where the windows for the control deck are underneath.... well I would have liked my core in there, tried to import it into smedit to move the core but it wont load, must be too big or something.
    Anyone got any ideas for moving the core or do the developers have any idea if they are going to give us the option in future or if they can give us a REMOTE core that connects to the main core and gives you all the commands of the main core? so many times now I have made a ship to find the core has been put in the wrong place and would love to move it after building. :)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I have a problem....... can you see where the windows for the control deck are underneath.... well I would have liked my core in there, tried to import it into smedit to move the core but it wont load, must be too big or something.
    Anyone got any ideas for moving the core or do the developers have any idea if they are going to give us the option in future or if they can give us a REMOTE core that connects to the main core and gives you all the commands of the main core? so many times now I have made a ship to find the core has been put in the wrong place and would love to move it after building. :)
    Unfortunately, there is no way to move the core :(
    [DOUBLEPOST=1435437532,1435437353][/DOUBLEPOST]Where is located your core ?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Unfortunately, there is no way to move the core :(
    Where is located your core ?
    Thank you, the core is about 40 blocks higher and 30 forwards of where I want it, 20 or so blocks underneath the Shield logo on the deck, I roughly knew where the Control room was going to be so tried to get it right when I started building but when its something as big as this is it is more guess work than planning that came into it :D

The more I think of it the idea of a REMOTE core sounds very appealing to me, I am sure Schema and his team could incorporate a special block that was slaveable to the main core and gave you all the same controls as the main core .

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    If you dont mind a little lag or messy framework, you can cut the ship into pieces (or do it whole if you got the specs) and slowly copy/paste it so the core is in the right place.

Just one of the possible workarounds, SMedit is just a giant copy/paste so it's pretty much the same effect.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    If you don't want to copy/paste all the ship, you can build a core room or something like that around the core.

Reactions: Rodeown
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Yeah guys thanks for the input, I think a core room is the best bet Darkvador3, and I will hope the devs do something in the future so we can move cores or remote operate them :)

In the mean time Soul, one of the guys on our server has gone with the marvel theme and built a massive UFO mothership..... in the disguise of a CAPTAIN AMERICA SHIELD.
    It is a Marvel Shield Mothership :D

Even better yet the whole of the star section is a massive turret that pops up to shoot missiles and cannons out of it. it is so awesome!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    OH. MY. GOD !
    [DOUBLEPOST=1435520740,1435519691][/DOUBLEPOST]Can you take a picture of the core location (From the top and the bottom) please ? I have an idea for you but I have to know the core location :D

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    OH. MY. GOD !
    [DOUBLEPOST=1435520740,1435519691][/DOUBLEPOST]Can you take a picture of the core location (From the top and the bottom) please ? I have an idea for you but I have to know the core location :D
    Of the Helicarrier? or the S.H.I.E.L.D shield? :confused:

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    the core is located just behind the faction block near the top at the power capacitors, all those thruster capicitors and power will be moved when I decide where they are going :D, just needed them in to move the Beast around as she has a rather large posterior! if you look to the bottom in the middle is a grey line with a build block on it that is the control room area where I originally would have liked the core.

view from above core looking down.... core is under the bottom thruster module.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    When you'll do the interior, you should make an elevator that go directly to the core room ... or something like that I don't know.