Shield Helicarrier Project. (wip)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    When you'll do the interior, you should make an elevator that go directly to the core room ... or something like that I don't know.
    Thank you for your suggestion, I had already got that idea from my nephew , but what we really need......:D is the Developers to come up with.... a Captains Chair! when your character sits on the Chair block it transports you direct to the core it is slaved too, then when you leave that core you are ejected at the chair ! :p

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    For the moment , you can just sit and use TAB+F8 to teleport to the core ... and you'll will be ejected at the chair !

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    You are making amazing progress on this! Looking Great! Please tell me you are going to release this to the Catalog when you're done!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    You are making amazing progress on this! Looking Great! Please tell me you are going to release this to the Catalog when you're done!
    NO way! I am going to keep it all to myself and then gate crash peoples servers and wipe out all of their stuffs with it,:p it is S.H.I.E.L.D. technology we cant just have anybody getting their hands on it........:D

Or if you don't believe what I just wrote above try reading the previous posts in this thread :D post #39 might do it!

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Anyone imagined what would happen if Stargate and Avengers existed in same universe?

"Oh no Hydra has 3 heli carriers!"

Beams of light come from space and incinerate all 3 and then this.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Well I started some work on the first side turret..... but I have a problem, maybe someone can help me out. If you look at the picture the gun is pivoted vertically up and down and the plate of mass enhancers rotates in its centre in that vertical position. I was attempting to get a turret that would be able to look in all directions but it seems it works vertically up and down but does not rotate when you are in the barrel core, if I get in the base plate core I can rotate it round . seems a strange problem maybe to do with the gun facing straight out of the ship/base plate.
    Anyone got any ideas?

Reactions: Aynslei and Rumcajz
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    That should work.... what docking units are you working with? turret docks? and rail dockers only?

Edit.. Just remembered when this happened to me... I had the core of the base pointed the wrong direction.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    That should work.... what docking units are you working with? turret docks? and rail dockers only?

Edit.. Just remembered when this happened to me... I had the core of the base pointed the wrong direction.
    Assin9, thanks for the reply. the core of the base is facing to the front in a level position and the barrel core is facing down the length of the barrel. if I turn the pivot for the gun to a vertical orientation and make the gun point to the front of the ship it works, but I want the gun pointing out the side not to the front....

the only other way will be to make the base in a horizontal position for rotation left and right but then it will ruin the look of the turret mounting.

Seems like I may have found a limit to how we can place these turret dockers. :(

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Assin9, thanks for the reply. the core of the base is facing to the front in a level position and the barrel core is facing down the length of the barrel. if I turn the pivot for the gun to a vertical orientation and make the gun point to the front of the ship it works, but I want the gun pointing out the side not to the front....

the only other way will be to make the base in a horizontal position for rotation left and right but then it will ruin the look of the turret mounting.

Seems like I may have found a limit to how we can place these turret dockers. :(
    It should work, when you test the x - axis movement are you level or rotated on the y - axis?

you may find you have something like this:

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    It should work, when you test the x - axis movement are you level or rotated on the y - axis?

you may find you have something like this:
    HA ha Iceman... You the man !!!!! Thank you so much, that explained exactly what is happening I have done a rethink and may have solved the problem by moving the yaw axis from vertical orientation to horizontal and will actually end up with a better looking turret mount as it will now be in a ball. Gimbal lock will be eliminated by the restriction of how far the barrel can travel, basically, I was attempting to gain far to much movement than was required by this gun and its location. pictures incoming soon once I have tested it :D I have to get this right because there will be 8 of them along each side of the ship. :eek:
    [DOUBLEPOST=1435744600,1435743871][/DOUBLEPOST]YES! got it working, thanks again Iceman6491. I present to you version 1.5 beta of the ball cannon gun WIP :D

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Fitted 6 cannons down each side of the carrier now, they are Triple cannon barrels with 730 in each barrel with 50% cannon slave to provide approx. 2 shots a second and 100% explosive effect , Mass of whole turret is 1002 it has its own power and shields and uses mass enhancers to cope with the barrel weight. the barrel is 62 long 13 high and 11 wide and the base ball is 21x21, not much room left in that ball now :D

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Well that was fun! DarkVador came to our server to see a test of the helicarrier guns and take a sneak peak at the little lady, we destroyed her in the end but she performs really well against some formidable foes and she is not even finished yet, was a lag fest when 50 pirates attacked at once but she managed to despatch them easily. :D

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    That was really cool !! It'll all have to be done over (don't know if it's English :D)