Shield Helicarrier Project. (wip)

Reaction score
    Post some new pictures of the whole thing?
    Lookin nice, I'd love to see one of these things in-game.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I did game updates but now all my textures are screwed up, changed from default to realistic and restarted no change changed back to Default and all is okay Phew! then I realise all the stuff my character was carrying has gone so went to give myself blocks to build with but cant get it to work, so looks like it might be a while before I figure this all out again. :-(

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    I did game updates but now all my textures are screwed up, changed from default to realistic and restarted no change changed back to Default and all is okay Phew! then I realise all the stuff my character was carrying has gone so went to give myself blocks to build with but cant get it to work, so looks like it might be a while before I figure this all out again. :-(
    /creative_mode Rodeown true ;)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    /creative_mode Rodeown true ;)
    Ohhhh a creative mode, that sounds good to me.....:D just did a pirate wave test to check to see if the lag issues had gone but they haven't :-( really upset now that it has not been fixed.... I initiate a wave and they appear and my guns go into action but then it becomes a lagfest jerk jerky jerk jerk lol.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    How many pirates? How large were they? Maybe try testing one of your turrets on a station against one pirate in some far off sector. See how much of an FPS hit you take.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Damnit I was just sending out my Venator fleet to come find you :P Glad to see that you're back and damnnnn that control deck is amazing. I love what you did with the docked floor. I was experimenting with ideas like that... Anyways I can't wait to see more progress.

My own WIP is slightly revived, I don't have much time to work on her now either :(

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Sadly the issue with the AI control of turrets when pirates attack is not improved from months and months ago, It may be because 18 or so massive turrets under AI control are targeting so many craft at the same time but am not sure, wouldn't have thought it would be a problem, 3 or 4 turrets do it no problem, just seems to be the quantity at once that are slowing the game engine down, and no guys it isn't my rig at fault, I am running an I7 Republic of gamers rig here that cost me 2 months wage, it eats everything no problem on high settings so this game should be a walk over. This makes me want to cry...... don't really feel like finishing a build like this when I wont be able to use it in battle because of lag... best thing is though EVERYONE on the server gets the lag not just me :-D so it would hinder others attacking too lol.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Sadly the issue with the AI control of turrets when pirates attack is not improved from months and months ago, It may be because 18 or so massive turrets under AI control are targeting so many craft at the same time but am not sure, wouldn't have thought it would be a problem, 3 or 4 turrets do it no problem, just seems to be the quantity at once that are slowing the game engine down, and no guys it isn't my rig at fault, I am running an I7 Republic of gamers rig here that cost me 2 months wage, it eats everything no problem on high settings so this game should be a walk over. This makes me want to cry...... don't really feel like finishing a build like this when I wont be able to use it in battle because of lag... best thing is though EVERYONE on the server gets the lag not just me :-D so it would hinder others attacking too lol.
    Yea, the collision calculations for turrets just murder everything. I have a hex-core I7 and still suffer from massive lag when turrets on large ships start moving. Nothing we can do about it at the moment. However, I still suggest that you finish the ship, since turrets will definitely be optimized more at some point, since not doing so would be unacceptable for a finished game.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Both Docked flight deck/controls are now done and front windows have glass!

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    are you boulding this on a server or in single player? if it is on a server which one? i would love to have a look (then rebuild my pc). i am mostly interested by what you have done with logic and rails as i love messing around and solving logic problems particularly with rails.

also the image dosent work for me ether

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Darn it the image was working, where I used to store images they have closed the servers even though the old images still work lol.

& TomW1605, I build on private server and in single play, depends where I am or what I am doing.

*edit* think the picture is working now but not sure...I can see it... can some one inform if it is visable please :-D

Last edited:

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Darn it the image was working, where I used to store images they have closed the servers even though the old images still work lol.

& TomW1605, I build on private server and in single play, depends where I am or what I am doing.

*edit* think the picture is working now but not sure...I can see it... can some one inform if it is visable please :-D
    Yeah it's working again.

Reaction score
    I like it. Really nice looking control setup there. Alignment must be a pain if you accidentally press spacebar lol.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Okay been doing some work on her belly, she is a bit ticklish down there but I persevered and managed to plate some areas , this shot is brightened so you can see more clearly, the interior is VAST I hadn't realised just how much room she had inside, she is like a pregnant whale,
    You can see in this picture the start of the advanced Main Weapon glass dome on the underbelly and the plating further forwards towards the control deck.

Reactions: Rumcajz
    Reaction score
    Looks like it needs some wedges, xD. But that may just be the scale messing with me. Nice. So... when you get this done, will it crash a modest computer running an LAN server for 2 players?
    Lol, I want one.