Saber's Thread

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    Any plans to make handrail colliders allow projectiles to pass through but not players/NPCs?

Reactions: Blodge

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    Just thinking; Handrails will be perfect for stairs when docked and rotated! You could even have folding "attic stairs". :)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Hey guys. Wouldn't it be awesome if some day starmade had 3d statues of the SM logo or the schema cat :schema:
    It would be cute but I'm not sure how you'd write random Cat God statues into the game lore. Maybe have ancient alien pyramid-shaped ruins spawn occasionally on planets containing said statues?

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Hey guys. Wouldn't it be awesome if some day starmade had 3d statues of the SM logo or the schema cat :schema:
    It would be cute but I'm not sure how you'd write random Cat God statues into the game lore. Maybe have ancient alien pyramid-shaped ruins spawn occasionally on planets containing said statues?

Took me a while to dig that out of the art thread. (y)

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    I forgot about that pic! :eek: OK, I'm sold. This should be a thing :^D
    Thadius always remembers. ;)

I do miss our artists though... The one that started that thread and the other guy who made that have since disappeared. :/

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Thadius always remembers. ;)

I do miss our artists though... The one that started that thread and the other guy who made that have since disappeared. :/
    I wondered why that thread hadn't been updated for a long while. Shame :(

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    The Schema cat is not property of Schine. Schemax got it from somewhere or other and is using it as his avatar, but it existed before StarMade... IDK where it is from.

Saber

3D Art Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Video Genius
    Any plans to make handrail colliders allow projectiles to pass through but not players/NPCs?
    I had actually wondered about trying that, as the mesh itself could likely be used as the collision mesh since it's all box-shaped components. However we'll start out with a basic slab-like collision mesh and I can then try out new meshes from there out.

Mostly because they can't be turned off, if they could I would use them for so much more than just lights.
    You know...it's interesting that you mention that, as just this morning Schema shared this little gem with me:
    So it looks like we're set to have some nice stuff in the next update. ;)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Modder
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Yaaas, togglable LOD lights!
    On the note of LOD fixes; Might it be possible to get LOD model orientations fixed? Last i checked, if you set the collision of a LOD object to wedge and changed it's orientation, the model and physics bounds rotate on separate axis.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score

LOD block to fill these gaps pls