Saber's Thread

serge1944

Grand Admiral of The Infection Initiative
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    Hey Saber,when can we expect some new models?

Saber

3D Art Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Video Genius
    Hey Saber,when can we expect some new models?
    Once we've added some new features to the Block Editor to allow for better models in-game. Especially improved hitboxes and things like that.

Reactions: kiddan

Saber

3D Art Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Video Genius
    Sorry everyone, I meant to post this earlier in the week. Today we'll be doing some 3D modeling for our official stream. I have a short list of decorative assets that are planned for in game use but for the majority of the models created today I'll be using community suggestions. I have a short list already from previous streams chat suggestions but will also be taking more on the fly as I model. Sort of an experimental modeling stream.

I'm not at home currently so can't share the current list but the focus of the stream is to quickly mock up possible decorative assets for future use in starmade. I'd like to reiterate that stairs are not a planned asset and ladders are something that will be discussed in the future. Things that I hope to try out are button panels, thin displays, light variants and other decorative pieces.

I'm looking forward to seeing how this turns out as it could be a whole new way for both the community and Schine to work together in creating StarMade. Feel free to think up some ideas then either add a list here or stop by the stream at 4pm EST (about 5 hours from time of posting) at www.twitch.tv/starmade

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    skulls for reasons involving reasons
    Wasn't sure whether to click Funny or Agree :^D

In all seriousness, how about some bathroom fittings? Like shower heads, urinals/toilets and sinks?
    I'd also like to see a pillow so we can more obviously denote something as intended to be a bed.

Reactions: Dr. Whammy

Sachys

Hermit.
    Reaction score
    Explosive collars.

You know, for prisoners... and fun!

O____o~

Dr. Whammy

Executive Constructologist of the United Star Axis
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Light sab... Um... Space Swords... ;)

Saber

3D Art Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Video Genius
    Sachys , Dr. Whammy , cleaning the thread up a bit. :P

In all seriousness, how about some bathroom fittings? Like shower heads, urinals/toilets and sinks?
    I'd also like to see a pillow so we can more obviously denote something as intended to be a bed.
    I'm fairly hesitant with something that specific this early on in development. I would consider some quality of life things but I'm not sure I want to get as specific as a urinal, toilet, shower head, etc. I've been keeping those sorts of things in mind but don't know if we'll come to a time when we really need them for gameplay, especially if I can create other assets which could be used in multiple ways and could perhaps emulate such items.

And for the pillow, again it gets into that area of being too specifically for one purpose for such a small asset. I'd likely just make a bed instead of just the one pillow, which may tie into future mechanics for the game.

Explosive collars.
    I've been focusing on decorative assets lately, but who knows, maybe we'll need some sort of system in place for the future for taking prisoners?

Light sab... Um... Space Swords... ;)
    IF we have a one-handed melee weapon which may or may not get some sort of glowing effect, I'd probably call it a Plasma Blade, and it wouldn't just be a glowing beam of energy.

Reactions: Macharius

Sachys

Hermit.
    Reaction score
    I've been focusing on decorate assets lately, but who knows, maybe we'll need some sort of system in place for the future for taking prisoners

-_______-

*Puts Saber in non existent explosive collar. Sells them to Dr. Whammy in exchange for Parsnips
    [doublepost=1502415020,1502414955][/doublepost]
    Sachys , Dr. Whammy , cleaning the thread up a bit. :P
    And NOooooOoOOoOoO!

Let it live you lightbulb! O____k

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Pyramid blocks of different lengths to match slabs.
    [doublepost=1502418220,1502418169][/doublepost]Maybe pyramid segments also of varying lengths to fit in with slabs.

Reaction score
    When should we be expecting the new power system? im really into the game but not knowing how to build something sucks as a builder

Sachys

Hermit.
    Reaction score
    Actually, thinking more on the explosive collars, maybe a net-gun (like the one from Running man) instead?

- If successfully shot you're transported to a nearby ship which uses a unique type of undeathinator and / or a specially setup transporter where you will be kept as a prisoner for say... 24 hours?
    In that time you would be unable to suicide / spawn back to your base (or maybe lose everything on you if you did - server config options perhaps).
    While captive, you do not generate FP and cannot control your fleets etc. This would allow for interrogation / negotiation of a release deal etc.

Probably more to think on with this, but i need coffee.

Reactions: Lone_Puppy