Robo's Stuff 'n' Things

MeRobo

Scrub
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    My first set of engine templates has been updated. I started a second set of templates (hopefully finished soon) but decided that before adding more engine templates to CC I should first bring the old set up to date.

On an unrelated note, I decided to heavily rework the Galea because I was unhappy with several elements. You might (somewhat correctly) consider me an idiot for doing this, but to me it would have been a waste of a build if I were to finish it in a way that I personally don't like.
    The biggest changes can be summed up as follows:
    • No more "Wedge Staircases"
    • No more forcefield engines
    • addition of ventral white armour plates
    No screenshots worth sharing though

I also did some more faction related stuff, but because I'm not sure whether any of that stuff will ever end up on CC I won't post those builds here either

MeRobo

Scrub
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Some recently taken images of the Galea core room, most of the stuff you can see here has been around for a while (the excessive lighting in the first screenshot is no longer around)
    starmade-screenshot-0065.png
    starmade-screenshot-0067.png
    starmade-screenshot-0066.png
    a look at a bit of core through one of the many top side windows. It turned out surprisingly hard to take screenshots of this room, I'd argue it's best experienced in game, but that isn't really a possibility for most of you due to heavy wip state of the ship

MeRobo

Scrub
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Today I won't post Galea images, no, today I'll post images of something different unfinished, however, this thing should be finished soon™. This is a small freighter meant for the currently ongoing Trident Build Initiative.
    If you somehow haven't heard of it yet, you might want to check it out and join yourself.
    starmade-screenshot-0077.png
    starmade-screenshot-0078.png
    The interior is finished, the central bits of grey are actually the outside of the interior.

MeRobo

Scrub
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    While awaiting the video review of the contest entries, hoping the single entry I managed to finish in time makes it into the video I got back to Galea.
    starmade-screenshot-0096.png
    As you might see, there's a lot of new grey bits, although about two thirds of them predate the aforementioned contest.

MeRobo

Scrub
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    As you might have figured by almost a year of inactivity, this thread and the projects therein are more or less abandoned. When creating my entry for the recent community build initiative I came to realise that I no longer find much joy in building in StarMade, most of the time wishing I could just make a 3D model instead (and I'm not exactly proficient at modelling spaceships). I mostly finished the build out of a sense of obligation, considering I lobbied quite hard for "racing ship" as the topic during the polls that were used for the 1st and 2nd initiative.

Why do I post this here? Because maybe a few of you are interested in the very few finished builds I never uploaded to the community content section. From memory, that would be the Fortis, Ocis and unnamed 3rd Drone as well as the updated version of the smallest ship of my fleet contest entry, the first 2 of which were built for the Galea project. If I (or you, unspecified reader) find anything else that fits these criteria and there's interest for an upload, let me know and I'll upload those builds.
    Finished in this context means that both the exterior and interior are complete, systems aren't a requirement

In case I come back to the game at some point in the future and manage to finish something, I'll let you know here.

Last edited:

MeRobo

Scrub
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    A surprise to be sure but a welcome one. I helped with turrets and details on Company, Gladius Mk.5, Exodus, so I'm putting this here, might have very small contributions I forgot on some of the other projects in that pack (me contributing 5 random slabs and a corner block became a bit of an in-joke in Trident during the time these and others were built).