New Power DEV Thread

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I tried it
    and from the cube and compact like ships we went to the stretched out hamburgers
    with both the reactor and stabilizers at the end being the buns filled with patty made of chambers..

nice for long ships with big noses and a big ass

and yes ofc I can put the reactor and stabilizers more to the middle ... but why do I want to ?
    I want powah!!!
    Or you could put them both safe away in another sector because the update has done nothing to address, only encourage it ^_^
    If such building limitations will be applied on reactors, players will find ways around and to expoilt it if they dislike the mechanics enough imo XD

Reaction score
    Or you could put them both safe away in another sector because the update has done nothing to address, only encourage it ^_^
    If such building limitations will be applied on reactors, players will find ways around and to expoilt it if they dislike the mechanics enough imo XD
    that's a great idea
    im going to make a ship comprised out of 3 ships all spaced out by 500 m

the outer ones will carry the reactors and the middle one will do pew pew

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    no but that's ok
    it will fly in a very tight coordinated line pattern
    besides the turrets will do all the dirty aiming work
    Taking it to the extreme and just having various systems lines spread across a large area with turrets attachted makes it all but impossible for ai turrets to hit, and any shots that do will only destroy a couple of blocks, even missiles.
    By not needing armour it is also extremly light, manuvrable, and can easily dodge most fire as well.
    Broken as sheet. Even the new system doesn't prevent it.
    Theres a couple of vids up as just how broken these 'ships' can be. They look just like this except with blocks:

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    i really hate the reactor stabilizer mechanic.
    sorry can not find other words for it.
    It is the most drastic limitation to ship design ever applied to starmade running entirely against what the devs wanted to fix.

Auriga_Nexus

Befriender of Worlds
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    So, i have somewhat read most of the discussions here on this thread and i want to put my opinion on the matter on power and so on. I agree on what Darkkrat (sorry if i butchered your name) said, this power system is a tad too complicated and limits the creativity the players had before. I would strongly suggest to make this system simpler and have an actual dropback when trying to go for a huge power generation. An idea i had is making the reactors generating heat, similar to the first proposal. The only difference is that the reactor will act like a reactor of a ship, in that the more it generates, the more heat it makes and the riskier it gets for the player who has said ship. This is where stabilizers would make a lot of sense.

Instead of making a distance requirement, allow the players to place the stabilizers anywhere close to the reactor area, something that people have been asking for a lot through out this thread.

I would also suggest making the chamber system seperate. Not only does that simplify what each block does for said player, but it also gives more options for developers such as yourselfs to expand upon. Of course, you will have to link the chamber system to a power source.

Having this option would also allow different types of power generation that have different requirements. Some examples are; fuel reactor/generator that gets powered from a type of fuel, solar power that gets power from light, ect.

The reason i thought up of such opinion is because of a developer/teacher who keeps telling us in our classroom "keep it simple, stupid", a joke that also serves as a reminder that keeping a balance between simplicity and complexity is key.

Give me your thoughts about this. Do you agree that the system needs to be a tad simpler that it is right now? Do you like the idea of having a variety of different power generation that are about equally simple?
    I'm actually thinking this is a great idea. Basically, have reactors generate heat based on size of the reactor group. The bigger the reactor, the more heat it generates. Have this heat cause damage to nearby players and blocks if it gets too hot (similar to how your ship gets damaged flying close to a star). OR, alternatively, have excess heat reduce the efficiency of the reactor. Or both.

Have ways to manage heat so that players are required to build in a certain way to keep their reactor cores from melting down or blowing up by themselves. For example, you can have core shielding blocks that have a higher resistance to heat and have the core blocks surrounded by these to keep the rest of the hull from taking damage. Also, you could have coolant conduit blocks and radiator blocks. The radiator blocks reduce heat from the reactor when connected via coolant conduit blocks, but MUST be exposed to vacuum on the outside of the ship. Radiator block groups reduce heat on a linear per-block basis, but power and heat scales exponentially with reactor size - thus exponentially increasing radiator size needed. That way you have a potential weak spot that smaller ships can exploit on larger ones, because larger ships require larger radiators, which become targets in combat since radiators can't be covered by armor. (although you can design your radiator areas in such a way where they are still protected. For example:

| A | A |
    | R |\a|
    | A |\
    | A | A |

Not really to scale, but the gist is that you have a small overhang of armor blocks that protect the radiator - the radiator still works cause it is exposed to vacuum, but unless you shoot at a very specific angle it is impossible to hit without hitting the overhanging armor. Plus it'd give your ship's outer hull a pimp-ass looking groove for aesthetic purposes.)

(You can also design a logic system that uses blast doors or forcefield blocks to cover an exposed radiator while in combat. This of course keeps the radiator from working, but the idea here is that heat buildup occurs gradually and you can run for a short time before the reactor heat reaches a critical level, at which point you open the doors/forcefield and let the radiator vent that heat.)

Not only would this be more realistic in regards to the thermodynamics of a ship, but it would allow for much more freedom in design and implementation. You can put the radiators anywhere so long as they are on the outer hull of the ship and connected via conduit, but radiators don't have any armor and destroying them increases reactor heat putting your ship and crew at risk. Plus, a conduit being destroyed could possibly disconnect from a reactor and cause overheating/meltdown as well. It basically makes it to where a larger, more powerful ship is forced to have weak spots in the form of radiators and conduits, but these can be placed strategically to minimize combat risk and be aesthetically pleasing. Having these weak points on larger ships also makes combat more fair versus smaller ships - being smaller and more agile they can slip around to the radiators on a larger ship and target them more accurately, weakening the larger ship. (One could set up so that reactor cores can be turned on or off, off generates no power or heat, thus allowing for a system where reactor power and heat output could be reduced to compensate for damage to radiators, etc)

EDIT: Couple of other things I should mention:

Firstly, the entire idea of the power system was to allow for more empty space inside the ship. I can see this working better by increasing the per-block effectiveness of chambers and things like thrusters and weapon groups, but having a diminishing return threshold that scales with the total dimension of the ship (not ship mass or block count but the length, width, and height of the ship. The larger this value, the more blocks you can put into a weapon group before it starts suffering from diminishing returns. This would prohibit people from just filling up their hulls with thrusters or weapon groups, as there would be no need to. )

Secondly, in regards to my reactor idea above, I'm thinking of something along the lines of being able to fit a reactor able to power the entire ship into a small section of the ship, more along the lines of what most sci-fi ships use. Basically, you should be able to fit the reactor into an "engineering room" no larger than, say, 10%-20% of the ships total volume. Furthermore, it make sense for actual core blocks, whether overheating or not, should not be exposed to the interior of the ship - I mean, it's not exactly healthy to stand right next to an exposed fuel rod from a fission reactor, now is it? So perhaps nauts take radiation damage if they're in the same space as reactor core blocks, further necessitating the need for shielding.

Last edited:
    Reactions: kikaha
    Reaction score
    Hooo boy. I'll spoiler-section up my longwindedness so this post is easier to digest.
    So, I've been away from Starmade for 6 months and I was initially excited to hear about the power update because I really hated the tediousness of making power work in the old system. I'm more of an RP builder, I like to make a slowly-growing Star Trek style ship. Running long power lines in between hulls seemed kind of ridiculous, as did gigantic masses of thrusters.

This new system would just mean I'd make a big glob of reactor in the engineering area and a ton of stabilizers in the nacelles. That's cool and all, but is a bad thing to be encouraging because meanwhile people are minmaxing with stabilizers out a kilometer from the ship. Oh, and this doesn't discourage filling most of the ship with systems, it encourages it still.

1. Favoring large dimensions is generally bad, it leads to gigantic ships or even disconnected stuff that's crazy and counterintuitive
    2. Stabilizers are counterintuitive because they don't "stabilize"
    3. The system tries to prevent system-cramming, but actually encourages it except for the reactor itself
      1. Stabilizers need cramming in the outer hull
      2. Thrusters still need to be crammed in a ton
      3. Chambers are huge and cause even more cramming
    4. Fighters are pointless and weapons are crazy powerful in an attempt to make them not be pointless
    5. One active reactor per ship is arbitrary

My ideas aren't particularly original, but here they are:
    1. Make stabilizers need to be attached to the reactor and trade power output for more HP
    2. Make weapon damage bleed through to nearby (within some percentage of the overall ship size) systems to the hit location, even when hitting shields
    3. Make reactors explode (radius based on size) when they lose their HP
    4. Multiple reactors active at once per vessel
    5. Docked entities share shielding, but no other systems (turret has its own reactor), and bleed-through to systems affects all in a docking chain the same (so a hit to a turret's base could take out the turret's reactor)
    6. Make thrusters more powerful per block, but require a continuous straight line of them to within 1 block of the outside of the ship
    7. Reduce required chamber size
    8. Make weapons less stupid powerful in comparison to defense
    I think this would fix most of the problems in the following ways (same order as previous section):
    1. Large dimensions aren't favored, because the only distance-based penalty is directly corrolated with ship size
    2. Stabilizers are intuitive because they actually "stabilize"
    3. Cramming systems is penalized because it makes you easily disabled
      1. Stabilizers don't get shoved into your outer hull
      2. Less cramming of thrusters, particularly in odd places
      3. Chambers may still be crammed to some extent, but viable on small ships at least
    4. Fighters could take out turrets Star Wars style while being hard to hit with the main guns. Makes them useful en masse to disable large, slow vessels so smaller ships can come in for the kill
    5. Multiple reactors would be penalized because they could be sniped individually, best usually to just have one big active one or a few medium sized ones (but there is a choice, and you could pre-emptively activate an auxiliarly)

Reactions: Mordrin
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    I'm actually thinking this is a great idea. Basically, have reactors generate heat based on size of the reactor group. The bigger the reactor, the more heat it generates. Have this heat cause damage to nearby players and blocks if it gets too hot (similar to how your ship gets damaged flying close to a star). OR, alternatively, have excess heat reduce the efficiency of the reactor. Or both.

Have ways to manage heat so that players are required to build in a certain way to keep their reactor cores from melting down or blowing up by themselves. For example, you can have core shielding blocks that have a higher resistance to heat and have the core blocks surrounded by these to keep the rest of the hull from taking damage. Also, you could have coolant conduit blocks and radiator blocks. The radiator blocks reduce heat from the reactor when connected via coolant conduit blocks, but MUST be exposed to vacuum on the outside of the ship. Radiator block groups reduce heat on a linear per-block basis, but power and heat scales exponentially with reactor size - thus exponentially increasing radiator size needed. That way you have a potential weak spot that smaller ships can exploit on larger ones, because larger ships require larger radiators, which become targets in combat since radiators can't be covered by armor. (although you can design your radiator areas in such a way where they are still protected. For example:

| A | A |
    | R |\a|
    | A |\
    | A | A |

Not really to scale, but the gist is that you have a small overhang of armor blocks that protect the radiator - the radiator still works cause it is exposed to vacuum, but unless you shoot at a very specific angle it is impossible to hit without hitting the overhanging armor. Plus it'd give your ship's outer hull a pimp-ass looking groove for aesthetic purposes.)

(You can also design a logic system that uses blast doors or forcefield blocks to cover an exposed radiator while in combat. This of course keeps the radiator from working, but the idea here is that heat buildup occurs gradually and you can run for a short time before the reactor heat reaches a critical level, at which point you open the doors/forcefield and let the radiator vent that heat.)

Not only would this be more realistic in regards to the thermodynamics of a ship, but it would allow for much more freedom in design and implementation. You can put the radiators anywhere so long as they are on the outer hull of the ship and connected via conduit, but radiators don't have any armor and destroying them increases reactor heat putting your ship and crew at risk. Plus, a conduit being destroyed could possibly disconnect from a reactor and cause overheating/meltdown as well. It basically makes it to where a larger, more powerful ship is forced to have weak spots in the form of radiators and conduits, but these can be placed strategically to minimize combat risk and be aesthetically pleasing. Having these weak points on larger ships also makes combat more fair versus smaller ships - being smaller and more agile they can slip around to the radiators on a larger ship and target them more accurately, weakening the larger ship. (One could set up so that reactor cores can be turned on or off, off generates no power or heat, thus allowing for a system where reactor power and heat output could be reduced to compensate for damage to radiators, etc)

Firstly, the entire idea of the power system was to allow for more empty space inside the ship. I can see this working better by increasing the per-block effectiveness of chambers and things like thrusters and weapon groups, but having a diminishing return threshold that scales with the total dimension of the ship (not ship mass or block count but the length, width, and height of the ship. The larger this value, the more blocks you can put into a weapon group before it starts suffering from diminishing returns. This would prohibit people from just filling up their hulls with thrusters or weapon groups, as there would be no need to. )

Secondly, in regards to my reactor idea above, I'm thinking of something along the lines of being able to fit a reactor able to power the entire ship into a small section of the ship, more along the lines of what most sci-fi ships use. Basically, you should be able to fit the reactor into an "engineering room" no larger than, say, 10%-20% of the ships total volume. Furthermore, it make sense for actual core blocks, whether overheating or not, should not be exposed to the interior of the ship - I mean, it's not exactly healthy to stand right next to an exposed fuel rod from a fission reactor, now is it? So perhaps nauts take radiation damage if they're in the same space as reactor core blocks, further necessitating the need for shielding.

Definitely yes to all that !

Reaction score
    For me the scariest part of this new update isn't how poorly it addresses problems. To me it shows in concrete way what many people have been saying since I've been playing this game. When does this all end? This game has had every piece of it made and remade over and over again. It seems no closer to being fun to play than it was when I started playing 2 years ago. I'm still stuck building ships that feel like they have half finished mechanics. My imagination is the only thing that keeps me coming back.

I honestly didn't have high hopes for this update but I figured it would be a step forward no matter how small. The new power system has failed utterly in reinvigorating my will to build. I have a LOT of ideas I'd like to bring to life in Starmade but it seems like a waste of time now. Nothing about this system seems that much better than what we had. The abilities that the chamber system adds are essentially a copy paste of the modules we already had. I'm glad we don't have a "soft" power cap now but it feel like size has become the arbitrary limiting factor.

It has completely gutted the satisfaction of creating a well thought out power system. The removal of capacity has made power systems literally 1-dimensional. I don't need to think about anything now. Not even the shape of the ship because there are only a few patterns that make sense. I used to feel like I was working hard to squeeze every last bit of performance out of my ship. All I need to do now is put down a few systems until I've used up all my power. Once I've made a hull it seems like most of the work is done. It ironically feels very arbitrary.

Auriga_Nexus

Befriender of Worlds
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Honestly, when the new power system was first suggested I had hoped it would be more like my suggestion above. Unfortunately it seems that Schine is already pushing forward with what is a very flawed attempt to change the power system that in the end will make it more restrictive, more complicated, and more block-heavy than it was in the first place, which was supposedly the entire reason behind re-vamping the system. I'll be honest. I'm thinking of giving up Starmade if this system is kept.

Which really sucks because insofar Starmade is the only game I've played that allows the level of creativity and freedom of design when it comes to building ships and stations. No other game has the rail docking and launch systems which allow for everything from fighter launch catapults to elevators to docking rings to transforming ship configurations. No other game has the fleet system that allows for AI controlled ships to be useful in combat or mining. The entire pull of the game for me has been the near-limitless, freeform creation that comes from being able to build a ship, inside and out, one block at a time.

Unfortunately if this power system isn't seriously changed - at the level of we shouldn't even BE releasing dev builds right now because of fundamental design flaws in this system which may require drawing-board changes - it's going to limit that freedom to the point where it honestly becomes useless, and there goes my one main point for sticking with the game. I mean, at this point it's not like I can ask for a refund, but I'm honestly starting to doubt whether the money I paid to support you guys in Early Access was worth it.

Did you know I'm an aspiring sci-fi writer? Did you know I was planning on using Starmade to try and build a functional model of the interstellar cargo carrier that the main characters crew from the story I'm writing? Now I don't know if I'll be able to. I know for a fact that other games like Empyrion and Osiris and even Space Engineers don't have the functionality I would need to successfully pull this ship off. (I'll give you a hint why - it involves the docking hangar and catapult launch for the ship's shuttle/dinghy, which relies on electromagnetic rails for capture, docking, and launch).

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6

| A | A |
    | R |\a|
    | A |\
    | A | A |

Haven't read it fully but, when they first announced the system they were working on now people already went for explaining better systems and forecasting the fail of the actuall system in regards of fixing the issues the dev team wanted to eliminate. Yes working with heat and having to route it throught your ship maybe to haetasinks in the hull or stuf like that would be super intuitive to do and would give us so many options... but look where we are they kept working on the exact thing everyone who spent a week thiniking about it was advising against and still they follow this exact path.
    Seeing this inability to adapt something from the community is what concerns me the most let's me pick my words different makes me look like a rager even though i just care. the thing is starmade was fun with the old system (yes it was too hard to learn for newbies, and yes it required replacement, but it only should be replaced by something better not something dull), the new one does not feel fun to me after haveing build a few long streched fleet ships... i am really worried shine right now puts the last nails into the starmade coffin.
    Problem is even if they would per default set the distance required to 0 it would still be a flawed system and they just do not see it. if settings need to make a game work it is flawed in it's mechanics

Last edited:

Auriga_Nexus

Befriender of Worlds
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Indeed. Well, we'll see what happens. I honestly have no interest in the new power system anymore, and if they are planning on replacing the old power system soon then I don't want to spend time working on my design only to have it become obsolete and unworkable using the new power designs. Assuming they realize the error of their ways and actually make decent edits I may start playing the game again in a year or so.

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Honestly, when the new power system was first suggested I had hoped it would be more like my suggestion above. Unfortunately it seems that Schine is already pushing forward with what is a very flawed attempt to change the power system that in the end will make it more restrictive, more complicated, and more block-heavy than it was in the first place, which was supposedly the entire reason behind re-vamping the system. I'll be honest. I'm thinking of giving up Starmade if this system is kept.

Which really sucks because insofar Starmade is the only game I've played that allows the level of creativity and freedom of design when it comes to building ships and stations. No other game has the rail docking and launch systems which allow for everything from fighter launch catapults to elevators to docking rings to transforming ship configurations. No other game has the fleet system that allows for AI controlled ships to be useful in combat or mining. The entire pull of the game for me has been the near-limitless, freeform creation that comes from being able to build a ship, inside and out, one block at a time.

Unfortunately if this power system isn't seriously changed - at the level of we shouldn't even BE releasing dev builds right now because of fundamental design flaws in this system which may require drawing-board changes - it's going to limit that freedom to the point where it honestly becomes useless, and there goes my one main point for sticking with the game. I mean, at this point it's not like I can ask for a refund, but I'm honestly starting to doubt whether the money I paid to support you guys in Early Access was worth it.

Did you know I'm an aspiring sci-fi writer? Did you know I was planning on using Starmade to try and build a functional model of the interstellar cargo carrier that the main characters crew from the story I'm writing? Now I don't know if I'll be able to. I know for a fact that other games like Empyrion and Osiris and even Space Engineers don't have the functionality I would need to successfully pull this ship off. (I'll give you a hint why - it involves the docking hangar and catapult launch for the ship's shuttle/dinghy, which relies on electromagnetic rails for capture, docking, and launch).
    You expressed really well what concerns me.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I personaly feel that seeing the game progress forward should be invigorating and exciting, not matter if it's a couple of bug fixes or new weapons effects.
    I don't get that vibe or feeling for most of the proposed update.

However the new sector passive effects sounds awesome, but is still far off being a a developed and notable part of the starmade experiance. I look forward to seeing it expanded and hopefully turned into a feature one day.

Removal of power capacity into power recharge does not feel like a step forward. To me it feels like a "We don't know what to do but want to try and re-brand it so it is cool and new" sort of design. Potientialy it could work, but if anything it feels more complex to try and build your powerusage around and less intuative. I'm not against it, but it just doesn't seem to offer enough to be worth re-vamping the game for.

Chambers seem like they could be promising depending on how they are implimented. I'll wait and see what the devs come up with.

The new reactor design: Not needing to make long lines and exploiting softcaps is defiantly a positive. Should be easier to understand.
    Only being able to have one active reactor seems a bit eh, not quite sure what to make of it. Exponential reactor penalties could easily be applied to having more than one reactor running at the same time. Could be allright though.

Not being able to just stuff power in is a bit meh. I guess it's the new balancing factor, but it does mean you really need to design your ships around the system, rather than design the systems around your ship.

Stabilizors..... don't seem to add any real balancing factors except longer ships purely to annoy players. Not a fan in the current itteration.

Hopefully some good ideas can be developed and a solid idea pushed out to move the game forward in the next couple of months.

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    I personaly feel that seeing the game progress forward should be invigorating and exciting, not matter if it's a couple of bug fixes or new weapons effects.
    I don't get that vibe or feeling for most of the proposed update.

However the new sector passive effects sounds awesome, but is still far off being a a developed and notable part of the starmade experiance. I look forward to seeing it expanded and hopefully turned into a feature one day.

Removal of power capacity into power recharge does not feel like a step forward. To me it feels like a "We don't know what to do but want to try and re-brand it so it is cool and new" sort of design. Potientialy it could work, but if anything it feels more complex to try and build your powerusage around and less intuative. I'm not against it, but it just doesn't seem to offer enough to be worth re-vamping the game for.

Chambers seem like they could be promising depending on how they are implimented. I'll wait and see what the devs come up with.

The new reactor design: Not needing to make long lines and exploiting softcaps is defiantly a positive. Should be easier to understand.
    Only being able to have one active reactor seems a bit eh, not quite sure what to make of it. Exponential reactor penalties could easily be applied to having more than one reactor running at the same time. Could be allright though.

Not being able to just stuff power in is a bit meh. I guess it's the new balancing factor, but it does mean you really need to design your ships around the system, rather than design the systems around your ship.

Stabilizors..... don't seem to add any real balancing factors except longer ships purely to annoy players. Not a fan in the current itteration.

Hopefully some good ideas can be developed and a solid idea pushed out to move the game forward in the next couple of months.
    There are were and will be great ideas they just don't care about them.

Reaction score
    With nothing new (aside from bugfixing) happening in the dev builds right now, I wonder if they're actually working on the system internally now. Did they get enough feedback on the system and pulled out to really fix the system and make it better?

I could understand them backing out of the rapid release cycle on the dev builds to really make sure that they get the system tweaks done right. There is a lot of work to be done on the system still, considering some of the things in game that got broken or lost most of their functionality due to the power system changes (Turrets are unusable due to being locked into place, factories work very slowly due to not getting enough power to run), and other stuff is implemented on a surface level (as in placeholders, but don't don't do anything yet).

I get the feeling the dev builds were released at a really early stage, just to give us something to mull over and give feedback on, so that we wouldn't feel like being left out of the loop, during the long process of them working on it.

I myself remain hopeful that this system will become as versatile and usable as the old system was. What we have now in the dev builds is still a long way from what we have in the old system, so there is a lot of work to be done for sure.

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    With nothing new (aside from bugfixing) happening in the dev builds right now, I wonder if they're actually working on the system internally now. Did they get enough feedback on the system and pulled out to really fix the system and make it better?

I could understand them backing out of the rapid release cycle on the dev builds to really make sure that they get the system tweaks done right. There is a lot of work to be done on the system still, considering some of the things in game that got broken or lost most of their functionality due to the power system changes (Turrets are unusable due to being locked into place, factories work very slowly due to not getting enough power to run), and other stuff is implemented on a surface level (as in placeholders, but don't don't do anything yet).

I get the feeling the dev builds were released at a really early stage, just to give us something to mull over and give feedback on, so that we wouldn't feel like being left out of the loop, during the long process of them working on it.

I myself remain hopeful that this system will become as versatile and usable as the old system was. What we have now in the dev builds is still a long way from what we have in the old system, so there is a lot of work to be done for sure.
    I m not sure what they are doing but it gets increasingly dull as long as they stick to broken mechanics.
    so the flaws are still there...

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    I honestly have no interest in the new power system anymore, and if they are planning on replacing the old power system soon then I don't want to spend time working on my design only to have it become obsolete and unworkable using the new power designs.
    Yea, I lost all interest in building anything the instant they announced they were going to gut the power system. It can take hundreds of hours for me to complete a build at the scale I've been building of late. To do that just for the developers to scrap it is a total waste of time.

I myself remain hopeful that this system will become as versatile and usable as the old system was.
    There is absolutely zero chance of that. Versatility is 'bad', it permits 'exploits'. The new system, whatever they settle on, will contain no way to game the system so as to get greater performance out of it, again because that would be 'exploiting' it. Being able to 'game the system' is bad, because having a game to play in the build process apparently makes for a bad game. (Seriously, this level of inanity just makes me want to bang my head against the wall.)

The new system will be five minutes of choice followed by hours upon hours of tedious block piling.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    Disapointing thing (one of them) is that we're still piling up blocks upon blocks to get power. Still way too many cubes.... And those stabilizers mostly there to restrict size of builds/power...

That proposal from Auriga_Nexus make a LOT more sense and seems to be much more enjoyable to play for me.