MrGrey1's Shipyard

Reaction score
    that kinda reminds me from the Scimitar from Star Trek: Nemesis. You know, that behemoth perma-cloacking capable romulan warship that poped out of nowhere to harass the enterprise-e's crew, and possibly activate a halo-like weapon that could potentially kill everyone and everything in a planet wide radius. Yeah, that ship.
    Anyways, looks great, if not scary and mysterious, I can't wait to see what it actually is, honestly.

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Oh that's one sexy beast! I feel like I've seen this one before. Is this a refit?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Likeable
    Oh that's one sexy beast! I feel like I've seen this one before. Is this a refit?
    yah it is a refit, recoloured gunship, I posted its predecessor a while back. I'm planning on upscaling it, I want to make a much heavier version and really go to town on it.

Reactions: Dr. Whammy
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Likeable
    Swapped the main beams for cannon and covered them properly. Revised all the surface details, lots of shaping.

starmade-screenshot-0006.png

starmade-screenshot-0007.png

starmade-screenshot-0008.png

starmade-screenshot-0009.png

starmade-screenshot-0012.png

Reactions: DeepspaceMechanic
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Likeable
    What did you change about the main cannon due to Quickfire's removal of the death beam?
    One of the continual annoyances I have building Yamato is the Wave Motion Gun, it's never been 'right', with or without Quickfire. I've resigned myself to making it look the part rather then it ever being the equivalent in destructive power to that of the canon WMG.
    At the moment it's a 10k beam/missile with 5 outputs in a star configuration. It does pretty well as a pilot controlled beam that I use to take out critical bits on stations, ie melting their reactors, but it's hardly the planet vaporizing super weapon that you see on the Big Screen.
    Having said that, the one place there's still some space to fill on the ship is the nose section around the WMG and forward missiles. There's some power to spare if you're not going full throttle, that could beef the WMG up significantly, especially if you RP it and turn off all the other guns while using the WMG. I've been considering leaving it with space like that for the release version so new captains can fill it and play with the ratios as they please.

starmade-screenshot-0000.png

starmade-screenshot_20-08-02_10.png
    Showing the two keel docked fighters. (There's a single stealth salvager in the tail dock now.)

starmade-screenshot_20-08-08_1.png
    Docked to my large warp gate.

Reaction score
    One of the continual annoyances I have building Yamato is the Wave Motion Gun, it's never been 'right', with or without Quickfire. I've resigned myself to making it look the part rather then it ever being the equivalent in destructive power to that of the canon WMG.
    At the moment it's a 10k beam/missile with 5 outputs in a star configuration. It does pretty well as a pilot controlled beam that I use to take out critical bits on stations, ie melting their reactors, but it's hardly the planet vaporizing super weapon that you see on the Big Screen.
    Having said that, the one place there's still some space to fill on the ship is the nose section around the WMG and forward missiles. There's some power to spare if you're not going full throttle, that could beef the WMG up significantly, especially if you RP it and turn off all the other guns while using the WMG. I've been considering leaving it with space like that for the release version so new captains can fill it and play with the ratios as they please.

View attachment 57370

View attachment 57368
    Showing the two keel docked fighters. (There's a single stealth salvager in the tail dock now.)

View attachment 57369
    Docked to my large warp gate.
    Unlike the old death beam that actually CAN blow up planets. This one looks really cool, though.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Likeable
    When will the refit be ready?
    It's all functional and pretty much ready to go. There are a couple of RP rooms that are empty and I've been waiting on inspiration/motivation to get in and finish them, other then that I've had issues with the lift logic, which relies on displays, not saving properly, at least it didn't last time I did a full export. I'll have another go at it and see if I can get it saving properly, if so I'll have a think about posting an alpha state version. No promises but. ;)

Reactions: Celotown777
    Reaction score
    Oh, I’ll definitively enjoy this one, i’ve been waiting for the update before downloading the ship, and now i can’t wait to explore it in person, excellent job as always grey, keep up!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    MrGrey1!! Doubt you remember me, but it is nice to see you still making functional works of art!

Maybe if I can get back into the game, I will challenge you with my old flying bricks! LoL

Keep up the great work!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Likeable
    that's a BIG Boi, i want to see what weapons t'll have
    Currently all turret weapons, nothing on the hull. Coverage forward is pretty good.. ;)
    MrGrey1!! Doubt you remember me, but it is nice to see you still making functional works of art!

Maybe if I can get back into the game, I will challenge you with my old flying bricks! LoL

Keep up the great work!
    Thanks. Still enjoying myself building stuff, welcome to drop in say hi & get some motivation if you feel like it. :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Likeable
    My StarWars ships have been sitting around for a while and I felt like getting them uploaded. I've done each fleet as a set and just docked each set to a stick ship. These are detailed models rather then scale models. I have packed the systems into them making them as powerful as I can for the space available so their relative abilities against each other are also a bit off. The bigger it is the more power it has...

Rebel Fleet

Tie Fleet

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Likeable
    Ship I've had hanging off my shipyard unfinished since pre QF. The change in power messed up the weapons balance. I've expanded the hull as much as possible and it's now functional once again and getting closer to completion.