1. 17th of July, 2019: SMD is currently under maintenance, the site may go down while we are working on it. Apologies for the inconvenience.

MrGrey1's Shipyard

Discussion in 'Shipyard' started by MrGrey1, Nov 7, 2018.

Tags:
    1. MrGrey1

yup, agreed it's to busy at the moment, we're looking at the bones of it though, I'm still planning on adding armoured plates which will cover a lot of it up and help define things a little, the red shell on the outside is a place holder, am planning on taking it to a darker theme.

• Like Like x 1
    2. MrGrey1

so the station evolved some...
      starmade-screenshot-0425.png

• Like Like x 4
    3. DeepspaceMechanic

That's one helluva masterpiece!

Looks like some good inspired work... Love those skulls and chains (y)

4. JinM

5. MrGrey1

Now have a
      [​IMG]
      to go with the Aliens.

6. AngelusKutona

I cannot imagine how many times you went over that emblem saying 'I don't like this bit' and correcting it. Also, I think your turret station might not have enough turrets.

On a more serious note, I am now watching this thread intently, your work is excellent!

• Like Like x 1
    7. MrGrey1

Thank you.

Edit: AngelusKutona Here's how I worked on it. The pirate didn't take near as long as the alien I did a while back.
      starmade-screenshot-0441.png

#67 MrGrey1, Jun 8, 2019
      Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
      • Like Like x 2
    8. AngelusKutona

Very inspirational to see how you laid out the project of the emblems, really get a feel for how many variations you tried and to see where you decided 'Oh I like that shape' and kept that going.

9. MrGrey1

ended up touching up the green team and adding a blue team...
      starmade-screen_3xAvatars_2160_01.png

• Like Like x 1
    10. Lone_Puppy

Lone_Puppy Me, myself and I.

Man, that's one mean platform. I'd just use this as my home base.
      I still think there's room for more turrets. ;-)
      --- Updated post (merge), Jun 11, 2019, Original Post Date: Jun 11, 2019 ---
      Interesting you didn't make a modified pirate version of your alien emblem to be a kind of subtle reference/easter egg.
      I've used this method as well as pixel images in the past in trying to figure out a logo for my own work. I found it a really therapeutic way to go about creating a few basic templates for different things.

11. MrGrey1

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    12. klawxx

klawxx Product Manager - Roden Shipyards

I love these "fake" missile/pods. I also use them on my builds. The fun part is that you can scale them up nicely with the ships, adding more detail the bigger them are. Used on my EVE Online Drake and Tornado =)

• Like Like x 1
    13. MrGrey1

Yup, they're very versatile and look good at any size. I''ve been putting them on everything as well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    14. MrGrey1

[​IMG]
      The ship has two sets of chambers that are swapped between depending on activity. One set of FTL and one set of stealth. Perma stealth capable with a 2000M/2000M, a 2000C/2000C and an auxiliary 2000B. I have built the ship so it is easy to reconfigure the weapons on the fly making any combination of those groups possible. ie a 4000M/2000B can be setup in seconds. It comes equipped with a very compact, powerful salvage ship that has the fastest dock/redock time of any ship I've made. This ship is designed to prey on the unwary... not that I condone ever doing such a thing... /cough.
      [​IMG]
      I've been trying to make a flying saucer I like the look of since I started playing StarMade. Think I've got it this time. I'm keen to build a mothership for this...
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      I've removed the landing pads on the top right of the yard in favour of larger hangars. The docks on the other side now have three moving rails per side so they can accommodate different sized ships.
      [​IMG]
      Added a service ship hangar and mining ship dock to the underside. The large green capsules are all the factory blocks for the new factories.
      [​IMG]
      Factories on the right, storage on the left. (Paint storage at rear.) All hooked up for load/unload to the mining docks. The central lift goes down to the mining dock underneath. (This pic is inside the main tube on the underside of the station.)
      [​IMG]
      New Large AMS turret. 8x 250C/250C. These look awesome streaming shots all over the place...
      also the work platform ship I've been building so my template ships aren't so vulnerable.
      [​IMG]
      I've had to bump my server's block count limit twice to accommodate it. Got to hit that reactor sweet spot though... :)

• Like Like x 3
    15. klawxx

klawxx Product Manager - Roden Shipyards

OMG MAN!!! Those turrets are amazing, all of them! Do you work in the Defense Sector or something?
      Your work is incredibly believable, looks like those things are real Navy prototypes.
      :cool:

• Like Like x 1
    16. MrGrey1

Thanks muchly. :)
      No I'm not in any sector. Just a guy with a hobby.
      I try to build realistic looking stuff in a realistic way and I take a lot of inspiration from civilian and military ships.

• Like Like x 1