MrGrey1's Shipyard

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Likeable
    A project I've been working on intermittently for a couple of years.
    Originally it was just a protective base ship for my template platforms but I've expanded on the idea and made it into a full fledged Construction Carrier with dedicated template platform ships. It's a huge build, over 3.3million blocks and almost 400k mass without the templates, just shy of 600k mass with templates as shown. It has over 100Million shield cap and 20 chambers for almost any combination desired... it's not very fast but.

starmade-screenshot-0017.png

starmade-screenshot-0011.png
    My modular station templates, the Grey Station components... there is method to my madness... honest.

starmade-screenshot-0009.png
    Faction icon templates.

starmade-screenshot-0008.png
    A few of my turrets.

starmade-screenshot-0010.png
    The template ship in it's default state.

starmade-screenshot-0014.png
    Carrier defense.

starmade-screenshot-0015.png
    Gravity lift in the white tubes, each quarter of the carrier can dock three template ships.

starmade-screenshot-0016.png
    The core room, still working on it.

starmade-screenshot-0007.png

DrTarDIS

Eldrich Timelord
    Reaction score
    Saucer miner should mine with a downwards abduction beam. It is known.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Likeable
    Saucer miner should mine with a downwards abduction beam. It is known.
    Yaya, I have tried a number of builds with a downward facing beam, salvagers that are not aligned forward are un-targetable, stuck firing in a straight line, the mechanics suck and it's subsequently a nogo for me. On top of that a vertical salvager fails stupidly if you try to use AI control, the beam fires out forward anyway despite the downward alignment. When I can aim a salvager in a vertical position and dear old Bobby accrues more then half a brain cell to be able to use a vertically aligned salvager correctly, then I'll build a 'traditional' saucer to celebrate.

In the mean time I've filled the shell with systems, added a cargo bay and done some detailing.
    Preliminary mining tests have had excellent results. The wide and flat salvager is much more efficient then the round salvagers I've used in the past.

Reactions: DeepspaceMechanic
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Likeable
    The Long Haul Carrier (02) is almost back in action. 100 meters longer, significantly wider, twice the cargo space. Has the upgraded heavy miner docked underneath, 6 drones / side also upgraded, 4 Journey's in the main hangar, 2 standard mining carriers docked at the back with 6 drones each... this ship is well into the realms of overkill. :)

EDIT: LHC-02 on the Dock

Last edited: