Light vs Dark Server Redux

Reaction score
    here's the first video it did not turn out not as good as it could have been next one will be 5x better least.
    note I will work as a freelancer for any one who will pay the right price I will do mining fighting or building for any one just ask me and we can set up a deal.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    Great stuff, looking forward to seeing more. It's a little quiet right now and that's partially due to I presume No Man's Sky along with two new servers popping up. You've actually come at a pretty good time as you're not likely to be messed with while you're building up. All the bigger PvP factions have moved to the newer servers to hunt the migratory players in search of "unspoiled" areas along with the second wave of new players that follow the crowds. Usually once the seal clubbing dries up and the bigger factions get entrenched, another cycle of migrations start again. In between all of that you'll sometimes get fights between bigger groups but it's quite few and far in between. When I'm not engaging in maintenance activities or developing content I'm setting up different events, most of which are organized more like sporting events as it's very rare in Starmade that players often have the opportunity to engage each other on an equal footing in pure tests of skill. In the future we will be incorporating more automation into events generation in order to better serve those players that enjoy competitive play. Such content may include not only sporting style events but also PvE/PvP hybrid play along a series of systems designated as a front line to more fluidly draw players of opposing sides into contact with one another. We are also building a parallel economy based around event rewards while simultaneously addressing some of the more common and pernicious issues that effect economic balance at the fundamental level.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    if i join this server..would i beable to play starmade as a RTS in the server?

AKA auto factory with auto mining system and control lots of fleets to do my bidding

Reaction score
    If you can do it in SM, you can do it here.

But please, only one large ship per fleet, and keep the number and size of fleets in a small area to a minimum. Don't lag us all to death. But yeah, SM has great potential to include an RTS-like component.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    Yeah, with fleets, if you use vessels under 6k and they are all of the same dimensions, that seems to be the way to go, though it's trial and error for virtually every design. For very big ships, like Madman said, they should be fielded as pretty much their own fleet. Hopefully sooner, rather than later, Schine will address the wonky fleet behavior along with the more fundamental issues of bounding box interaction causing expensive and inefficient calculations.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    A little bit of an update:

Just did some fixes on the Salamis Mk II to be more user friendly. For those that don't know, the Salamis is the standard issue vessel provided to new players joining Light or Dark Public.
    LVD HeaderJPG.jpg

The 5 bronze bars you start with can be redeemed for a Salamis at either Light or Dark home bases via docked vending machines

upload_2016-8-25_4-58-4.png

Reactions: Gonzalo
    Reaction score
    A little bit of an update:

Just did some fixes on the Salamis Mk II to be more user friendly. For those that don't know, the Salamis is the standard issue vessel provided to new players joining Light or Dark Public.
    View attachment 31107

The 5 bronze bars you start with can be redeemed for a Salamis at either Light or Dark home bases via docked vending machines

View attachment 31108
    that ship looks so much better than the old starter ship :3

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    If you can do it in SM, you can do it here.

But please, only one large ship per fleet, and keep the number and size of fleets in a small area to a minimum. Don't lag us all to death. But yeah, SM has great potential to include an RTS-like component.
    well i want my Ships to be cheep to be created so they can easily be mass-produced once everything is ready :P

P.S can i have the server IP?

Az14el

Definitely not a skywanderers dev
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    basic hull & power efficient/alpha damage focus goes a long way with drones, very cheap for their dmg and quite good at their job once you can mass produce them in the 2-3k mass range.

Reaction score
    Navy, if I'm not mistaken, the server IP is somewhere in the first post.

Yeah, right here: Server Address: lvdserver.b33r.us:4242

Benevolent27

Join the Dark Side
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    here's the first video it did not turn out not as good as it could have been next one will be 5x better least.
    note I will work as a freelancer for any one who will pay the right price I will do mining fighting or building for any one just ask me and we can set up a deal.
    I might take you up on this. What sort of rates might you charge?

Reaction score
    depends on the job currently If its like helping you with mining it will just 10k credits pluse 5% of ore mined if its fighting it will veriy form target to target minim is 5k credits.

Az14el

Definitely not a skywanderers dev
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    you could make those k's into m's ya know :p
    But it sure is hard days for neutrals

Reaction score
    you could make those k's into m's ya know :p
    But it sure is hard days for neutrals
    I new to the hole freelancer hunting thing my price will be very low until I get better then I will raise my prices.

Benevolent27

Join the Dark Side
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I new to the hole freelancer hunting thing my price will be very low until I get better then I will raise my prices.
    There are also bounties posted on the LvD forums. Once I get my scripting up and running again, as I just got back from vacation, I'll be adding a "!bounty" command in game for people to post. But for now, you should totally collect on the NaStral bounty. lol

Reaction score
    There are also bounties posted on the LvD forums. Once I get my scripting up and running again, as I just got back from vacation, I'll be adding a "!bounty" command in game for people to post. But for now, you should totally collect on the NaStral bounty. lol
    ok what Info should I no about him.

Benevolent27

Join the Dark Side
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    ok what Info should I no about him.
    Well, him and I are both admins of the server. He likes to go visit people from time to time, and I enjoy some admin abuse. So if you can catch him unawares when he has forgotten to turn on god mode, have a blast. You can lure him into a trap if you'd like. "Help, I am stuck in a planet.. admin, oh admin, please come and see this bug." Then blow him up, snipe him, run a ship of lava at him, test out the latest in warhead technology. I don't care how it's done, send him to admin afterlife and I will pay you 5 million credits. :D (Just make sure to get a screenshot of his death or I will not pay you)

Reactions: Az14el
    Reaction score
    Well, him and I are both admins of the server. He likes to go visit people from time to time, and I enjoy some admin abuse. So if you can catch him unawares when he has forgotten to turn on god mode, have a blast. You can lure him into a trap if you'd like. "Help, I am stuck in a planet.. admin, oh admin, please come and see this bug." Then blow him up, snipe him, run a ship of lava at him, test out the latest in warhead technology. I don't care how it's done, send him to admin afterlife and I will pay you 5 million credits. :D (Just make sure to get a screenshot of his death or I will not pay you)
    would a video work

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    After careful deliberation the Admin team at LvD have decided to lift the ban on 1 man factions. the current low traffic has necessitated a change in approach. As shifts in the playerbase and game development occur we will continue to adjust policies and settings as needed.