Light vs Dark Server Redux

Benevolent27

Join the Dark Side
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Inverse configs!!!!!

Though light and dark will require admin god powers to ensure they remain invulnerable.
    Inverse faction territory points are intriguing, but the setup has a lot of problems. Non-protected bases are trivial to kill. It's too easy to just jump in, one sector away, launch a ton of missiles, jump out, rinse, repeat. If you have a few people doing this, it really is no big deal. Or move to the edge of the lock-on missile range, fire a bunch, back up, wait.. do it again. I can destroy any base, no matter how well defended in this manner. Point defense drones just aren't good enough to shoot down hundreds of staggered missiles.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Inverse faction territory points are intriguing, but the setup has a lot of problems. Non-protected bases are trivial to kill. It's too easy to just jump in, one sector away, launch a ton of missiles, jump out, rinse, repeat. If you have a few people doing this, it really is no big deal. Or move to the edge of the lock-on missile range, fire a bunch, back up, wait.. do it again. I can destroy any base, no matter how well defended in this manner. Point defense drones just aren't good enough to shoot down hundreds of staggered missiles.
    True that.

Reaction score
    system ownership generating FP is a one of the most important changes. It give a reason to own and control territory.

Missiles are completely unbalanced atm

shield caps are weak as fuck, yet their Diminishing returns are nowhere near relevant.

warp gates are super vulnerable, to compensate, give them a MUCH higher range

make power/shield management Much less about generation, emphasis upon capacitance

revamp the weapon tables to make all weapons have a place/s

Az14el

Definitely not a skywanderers dev
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Unfortunately true, awesome system and despite these issues EI was a fun time, but relies heavily on the server being both constantly active and a degree of honor between all players that wont be respected by everyone, and will come apart at the seems at times, especially when others don't respect it.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    So you're suppose to spawn with 5 "Bronze Bars" right?

Benevolent27

Join the Dark Side
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    So you're suppose to spawn with 5 "Bronze Bars" right?
    Yes, so long as you started recently.
    [doublepost=1468398022,1468397988][/doublepost]
    Did the pew pew, caught it on vidya. Starter ship vs. Starter ship.

Good god is the Light side starter hideous.

Nice fight! Was that a light side starter ship vs the dark side one?
    [doublepost=1468398170][/doublepost]
    Unfortunately true, awesome system and despite these issues EI was a fun time, but relies heavily on the server being both constantly active and a degree of honor between all players that wont be respected by everyone, and will come apart at the seems at times, especially when others don't respect it.
    Yeah, but if one faction becomes too powerful, then everyone gets screwed basically. It's too easy for the balance to get way out of hand. The admins decided on a more stable system that has a more tried and true format for the server. They are definitely 100% focused on encouraging PVP though, and there has been plenty of it since the server started back up. :)
    [doublepost=1468399670][/doublepost]Just a heads up everybody, the latest update is breaking universes. It's forcing the config to be set at 5k max for sectors. Since our universe uses 10k size sectors, this would create a lot of chaos and problems. And so we are holding off on the update for now. The StarMade dev team has been made aware of the issue, and I'm confident we'll be able to update as soon as a hotfix is put into place.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    upload_2016-7-22_18-47-33.png
    upload_2016-7-22_18-49-7.png
    upload_2016-7-22_18-51-18.png

This is what FlyingDebris sent me a few minutes ago. I really am beginning to hate this entire community.

For the record, we actually protected Formiden's base becuause we saw they were gone from the faction list. We initially thought THEY were the one's we accidentally deleted

Last edited:

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    god damn it debris, fuck off, this isn't your business

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    I'm pretty sure he doesn't even play on this server. >_>

Reaction score
    Wow, more rage and hate over an accident? And accident, moreover, that's fairly easy to make given the task they were performing.

Jake_Lancia

Official Source of Blame
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Community Content - Silver 2
    Wow, more rage and hate over an accident? And accident, moreover, that's fairly easy to make given the task they were performing.
    And the accident didn't even happen to his faction >_>

Yes, what happened is bad, however it's been corrected. Deb didn't need to do that.

Reaction score
    How pleasant of him. So far, everything I've seen of the LvD admins has been good.

Benevolent27

Join the Dark Side
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Le drama. One thing about mistakes is that they can be corrected.

But just to make a quick note here.. The admin team is actually well aware of the superiority of the Vaygr and Mortarian fleets and has actively been working to help the light side become more coordinated and effective, seeking balance. The admin team is not assisting the the odium pact, but are in fact trying to achieve balance for all players to have a meaningful PVP experience on our server. This is not always possible, of course, due to many of the limitations of StarMade, but we do our best. We're not out to get any particular group, either, but balance is important on a PvP server to ensure continued epic combat. The admins will never intentionally do things like remove a faction or take away homebase protection just to "stick it to someone." It's easy to type in the wrong faction number though when trying to legitimately enforce the rules, but corrections are always made in the event of an admin mistake.

And on a side note, keep in mind that the admins are players, just like you and I. They are human beings, they make mistakes. They stepped up to bring back LvD and make it the best they could. All of the admins have spent countless hours working on many different aspects of the server for YOUR enjoyment, not their own. This is not a "for profit" server making advertising revenue. None of the admins have been paid a dime for all their efforts, but have in fact paid themselves to host the server you are playing on. When a mistake is made, keep that in mind and be respectful with how you ask for corrections.

Now, just to make it clear what IS done toward balance, the admins will:
    1. Seek out competent leaders for the light side.
    2. Help forge alliances for the light side (or dark side, if the dark side ever became woefully unbalanced - which will not happen cause the dark side will never fall.. but I may be biased here since I am the head of the dark side, lol).
    3. Try out new things with the economy to help ensure more fallback options for players to get back into the fight.

Here is what the admins will NOT do:
    1. The admins will NOT unfaction a powerful faction to "put them in their place."
    2. The admins will not delete a person's ship to "put them into their place."
    3. Policies are NOT created to benefit any particular individuals vs other individuals. Policies are discussed at length, and the pros and cons are weighed before a determination is made. The central question is how it affects enjoyable PvP, because this is a PvP server.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Az14el
    Reaction score
    hey I have a question I am playing to do a starmade muli player lets play and your server seams perfect for it. would mind if I recroded lets play on your server?

Benevolent27

Join the Dark Side
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    hey I have a question I am playing to do a starmade muli player lets play and your server seams perfect for it. would mind if I recroded lets play on your server?
    Sure, why not. We encourage this kind of thing. Roleplaying, PVP, videos, these are all things that help enrich the experience of players, so we are all for it. We record our own videos from time to time and have a storyline up to keep everyone in the loop about the happenings on the server. If you do create a video, make sure to post it here so we can all check it out. :)

Reaction score
    Sure, why not. We encourage this kind of thing. Roleplaying, PVP, videos, these are all things that help enrich the experience of players, so we are all for it. We record our own videos from time to time and have a storyline up to keep everyone in the loop about the happenings on the server. If you do create a video, make sure to post it here so we can all check it out. :)
    ok thanks will do.