Introduction thread!

Reaction score
    You sound like you'd be a lot of fun to hang out with. *slice* I'd love to hang out. Could I invite you to my Discord server? Or maybe to my YouTube channel or Twitter or something?
    Yeah sure just hit me up on here man, I'm waiting for a reply :)

Reaction score
    Bladeriker here. I got into Starmade about a year ago or so, after playing minecraft. I use to build with Lego's in my youth and got into just about any or all science fiction based space sims that I could. I enjoyed the space battles and ship design which are in part what drew me to Starmade.

I try to think outside the box for most of my designs or ship builds, though there is only so many designs you can come up with before repeating one. My inspiration comes from Syfi and anime for which I blame Robotech, battle-tech, and the gundam series for, my own imagination.

At the present time I am building in my private sandbox testing against the default mobs, though I do enjoy testing against my own builds too.

jontyfreack

Pipe-God-Emperor of starmade
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Community Content - Silver 2
    I am jontyfreack, however I sometimes call myself the cookie-monster-dreadnought, for reasons.

I got into starmade a while ago because I was told about it by a friend. "I"* started a flame war on the old DFN thread because I got forced to join another faction on NASS at gun point. (fun times)
    *it was another guy talking about that I was some kind of spy, in actual fact I was just confused about wtf was happening.

I tend to build in a few different styles, mostly grey, lots and lots of grey. oh and I like to paint my ships in blood, don't ask why.
    I take great care in my interiors, and you will find that my interiors are usually of high quality...usually (see s***7)

normally I spend my time spawning a couple thousand of isanths all at once on my single player and watch as my laptop starts to melt, while I play guitar to the backdrop of a fan grinding itself apart.

Reaction score
    hey all,

on Steam, here, and Origin I go by GrumpyBadger117.

I've been inspired by the god-like creative abilities of Starlord Luke, Raiben, Saber, and the others. I've been watching all their videos for quite some time and I've been playing the game off an on since last July or so.

However, I'm still completely lost though when it comes to some things. Another space game was eating up ALL of my time, so I haven't played Starmade much. To be honest, I was worried that Starmade, being a complete crafting game, like Minecraft, would completely and decidedly consume ALL of my free time... like Minecraft has been known to.

now, I'm just accepting that fact. An hour in Starmade feels much more productive than an hour in almost any other game.

I'm going to be a crafter primarily, in my single-player creative mode. If I do play "in-game" it'll be as probably a miner, but then again who knows? lol

here's some of my pinterest boards y'all might find useful/interesting
    Art - SciFi Inspiration
    scale nerdiness
    SPACESHIP!!!

Reaction score
    Hello everyone,

The name's Tyfang, but everyone calls me Fang, a 23 year old Tennessean currently living in Kentucky, I've always been a avid gamer, especially sandbox games like Minecraft, i fell in love with ship building after seeing a few videos of Space Engineers, sadly it runs slowly on my laptop so i couldn't play it, then one day i happen to saw a Star Made video of some ships from out of one of my favorite video games, Star Fox (here is the link for it )

Anyway, after seeing this movie i was instantly hooked and wanted to learn more of this game, seeing that this had a free demo, i picked it up with zero hesitation, sure I'm still learning the ways of the finer points of ship building and still bit of a noob at it, I always try to do my best at the game, I am currently playing on the Infinum server and the ping perfect server, i hope that I become a good shipbuilder and pilot (not to mention pirate hunter XD)

Reaction score
    I am Planetace (derived from of the greek word for Planetes, combination of Planet-Ace)
    I`m A Xenobiologist, or at least, could possibly be in training. And can cook up imaginative yet plausible theories and ideas of what other living beings would look like on other worlds. CAUTION: My mind is very active and crazy, its like i smoked LSD, Meth and shook them up with milkshakes, then sprinkled some YTP and some other crazy stuff and then cooked up whatever comes out ;)

I like Food, I love its taste, texture and looks.
    I love Gaming, it is my passion and spirit...
    It's normal to find me staring at ants, social animals fascinate me.
    I dont mind my ships being any size nor any shape, as look as they have a similar fashion sense to this guy:
    (not exactly, just good looking ships are what i strive for.)
    I'm a fan of TBBT (the big bang theory / comedy), and have watched season 1-8 two times.
    I plan on Becoming either either a xenobiologist, game developer, youtuber or run a web comic.

I dont share personal info...

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Hello, I'm Valencia.

I'm relatively new to the community, however, I'm not that new to the game. I have three hours that I logged playing the game for the first time around a year ago, then got too busy to ever play again - until now, at least.
    At current, I'm a high school junior whose aspirations include joining the United States Department of State. Psychology and international politics are some of my favorite topics, and I really enjoy military and civic history. I just retired as Cadet Commander of my local Civil Air Patrol squadron, and am running for Senior class President at my high school. Soccer and hockey compete to be my favorite sports, I enjoy and participate in theatrical arts, and my favorite band is Alvvays - or Vampire Weekend, depending on my mood. My GPA is awful.
    I'm hoping to get involved with some sort of faction here, as a kid who played Roblox (yes, I hear your groans) group and factional disputes were some of the most enjoyable occurrences.

Well anyway, I hope to make some friends here at StarMade. Thanks for reading!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Hello, I'm Valencia.

I'm relatively new to the community, however, I'm not that new to the game. I have three hours that I logged playing the game for the first time around a year ago, then got too busy to ever play again - until now, at least.
    At current, I'm a high school junior whose aspirations include joining the United States Department of State. Psychology and international politics are some of my favorite topics, and I really enjoy military and civic history. I just retired as Cadet Commander of my local Civil Air Patrol squadron, and am running for Senior class President at my high school. Soccer and hockey compete to be my favorite sports, I enjoy and participate in theatrical arts, and my favorite band is Alvvays - or Vampire Weekend, depending on my mood. My GPA is awful.
    I'm hoping to get involved with some sort of faction here, as a kid who played Roblox (yes, I hear your groans) group and factional disputes were some of the most enjoyable occurrences.

welcome to starmade, hope to see you around often!

Top 4ce

Force or Ace?
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Hello, I'm Valencia.

Factional disputes have a long history and much flaming action around here, you'll do great.

Reactions: Valencia
    Reaction score
    I am WolfChild.

Yeah that should do....

Ok, serious this time. I read a lot of what is on the forums, but seldom comment. Not entirely sure why that is. I occasionally visit the public chat, but again, it's a fairly seldom thing.

I really enjoy building ships, and find that I really suck at flying them. I prefer smaller craft, just because, and have never finished anything much over 3,000 mass. Hopefully that will change though.

Some of what I build in Starmade is posted on here, but I am very self-critical and usually don't think it's good enough for the community to see.

I absolutely adore Sci-Fi and Medieval/Fantasy, from games to books to movies and back again, and recently have become fairly interested in the WWII period. That interest can probably be traced back to the game World of Tanks, which is one game other than Starmade that I spend a decent amount of time playing.

Something is wrong with the fact that "Starmade" is apparently not in the spell check dictionary....

You will likely see me around here at one point or another, but probably not on servers. My location makes it near-impossible to play on almost any server around the world, so I do all my building on Single Player, or on LAN servers.

I'm always open for a chat, no matter the subject, so feel free to talk to me at any time.

-WolfChild
    I don't really know what the problem is....... but everytime I try to get into my ship(Pressing R) The game just shuts down. No error message or any warning. Just quits. I did not know who to send this to, but if you can help that would be nice. If you can't help can you send this of to someone who can?

Reaction score
    Hello, everyone!

I'm actually not "new" to Starmade. I bought the game on Steam a while back, and almost immediately requested a refund. Now that I know more about the game and there are fewer bugs, I repurchased it and have already logged 30 hours this week.

I'm a sandbox game player, and some of my favorite games have been Minecraft, Terraria, and Starbound. Also, being fans of Star Wars: Empire at War, Homeworld, and Reassembly has fueled my interest in the space exploration/combat side of the game.

Reaction score
    Hi all,
    I'm loving this game atm(3 days in), but really want to setup a server at home over the LAN for my kids and I to play.
    Can someone point me in the direction of a thread for this or has steam got the launcher totally wrapped up now?

EDIT: all good now, thanks craftAU guys.
    Got the server going, tweeked the memory, left for work tonight with my daughter begging me to leave the server up while i went to work, lol. She has overdown the screen time this weekend for sure

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Hey all I am Caster_Loki and brand spanking new to the Community.
    I found Starmade honestly by trolling steam looking for a new early access game to stream. After about an hour of trouble shooting the sound issues I found myself enjoying the game but lost as to what to do. Then the community shows up (because I didn't know they put streamers on the site here) only to find me Hand Mining a planet. Yeah no joke I legit was hand mining a planet.

Anywho the people that showed up helped me out a great bit and I had so much fun that I built our own server for Starmade and played all last night with some of the coolest people like CW930, bob_the_dj, EFSFRaiben, Mci1, KaynenD, Xacktar, and others.

All in all I am having a blast.
    As for plans well Apartment 11 Gaming (my company and streaming group) will likely be playing this for a while, at least I will when I am Casting simply because I am totally hooked.

I want to really endeavor to build the Alliance Cruiser from Friefly...I can't really tell you why but I think it is because I have always kind of had a fascination with the idea of floating cities. The Alliance Cruiser is one of the best representations of this to date.

I truthfully have no idea where to start since I don't have the skills of Sabre, EFSFRaiben, or any skill at all really as I tend to more be the "I can get you that material guy" However I have a goal and I am going to chase it.

I want to take a quick moment to say a huge thank you to the Community in general for Starmade. Everyone I have met is awesome and have helped me when they could have just sat there and giggled at me. Everyone that has come out (and hopefully will continue to) has made my most recent streams absolutely amazing. So thank you all and I look forward to seeing you on our server.

Caster_Loki
    Apartment 11 Gaming

Reaction score
    Hey there fellow stamadians !

I am Kaisaurus ( aka Darth Ato for some French mates )
    It's been quite a while i know starmade, i'm playing it since 2013. But for only a couple of months, before giving it up. I was still keeping an eye on the game progress tho, because I was sure that this game had a huge potential ! So yeah, after all the progress Stamade did, I was pretty impressed and thus decided trying to come back to my old love game ! And i gotta admit, i'm definitely not disapointed !

I've always been fascinated by space, in anyway possible and been a creative mind, so starmade is basicly my dream game ! It may not be the kind of game you play everytime, but it's the kind you never forget and always come back to ! :rolleyes:

My goals are not very complicated, having fun, sharing good times with this awesome community, trying to build better and better ships !

Building talking, i'm the kind of guy who's got a pretty good level in everything but not transcendent in one particuliar field, I love logic as much as design conception ! I'm also kinda perfectionist, so when i'm building a ship I take a sh*t load of time to do it, because I'malways trying to build original shapes and details. I'm pretty sure 20% of the time i'm building a hull is made of stand-by, just looking at the shape to see if it's fine or not :D ( for example, it's been nearly 3 weeks i'm building a 188m/53m/83m ship, so yeah i'm taking my time ! )

If you wanna take a look at some of my creations there you are ! CDGA Shipyard

More private talking, i'm close to 23 years old and Belgian, from Brussels !

Glad to be part of the community !

Inspiration be with you !

Reaction score
    Hi, I'm 53miner53, and you may have seen me in minecraft, robocraft, machinecraft or war thunder as 53miner53. I have also played KSP, but I only have the demo.

I joined today and actually haven't played yet, as my game failed and I have only modified settings so far.

My designs will probably look aerodynamic because I love efficiency.

My plans for in-game are to attempt to build a squadron of small warp-capable fighters based off of a design with thrust vectoring from machinecraft, or build a space-fairing car, and then jump into multiplayer with those designs. I may be influenced by my game history, and attempt things that would work in the building games mentioned above, but fail otherwise.

I'd say my motto with games would be "let's se if this works" because it can be very funny when things fail.

I also want to be an engineer, so I have a lot of knowledge in how physics works. Also, I know some programming from Scratch, and some orbital mechanics from KSP.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hello ^_^
    My name is Michael, I purchased Starmade a while back but for whatever reason never stuck with it, now I am back! I am a Gamer (obviously) I generally stick to RPG's and Sandbox games but I like to try them all. I am pretty down to earth and easy going...a bit quiet until I get comfortable then have problems shutting up XD After a few tutorials and some hands on experience I hope to see many of you in-game ^_^

Reaction score
    Hello. My name is quadro. I like building ships and mining. Building up ships is very satisfying for me. I'm from Germany and live in the UK. Most ships I build are quite small compared to most community content ships. Unlike most people I don't need to complement for something :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Hello. My name is quadro. I like building ships and mining. Building up ships is very satisfying for me. I'm from Germany and live in the UK. Most ships I build are quite small compared to most community content ships. Unlike most people I don't need to complement for something :)
    Are we gonna see a leopard 10 S7 main battleship anytime soon? :P

Reactions: Quadro
    Reaction score
    Oh, I didn't see this here...I guess I might as well:

I'm Jojomo. I'm a naval architect, which is not any kind of architect but an engineer who designs ships (naval architects are to ships what aerospace engineers are to planes).

The company I work for designs aluminium and steel ships from 20 to 120m, and the reason I became an NA is because I loved the sci-fi idea of building spaceships and flying around galaxies, and substituting the ocean for space was the nearest I could get to that in real life (real life space travel is currently extremely limited and doesn't live up to my fantasies).

So I was extremely excited to come across StarMade - for me it's just mind-blowing! I tried it free for a couple of days to make sure it lived up to expectations, then bought it.