Gascor Skunkwerks

Gasboy

BLRP
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    Okay, so I have finally worked up the courage to start displaying the things I create. They pale in comparison to the great stuff found throughout this board though.

I will try to build small ships that punch above their weight. Try being the key, operative term. :D

GS-71-HALBERD

GS-72-LONGBOW

GS-91-1000-STANDARD

Ship w 2 containers here: GS-91-1000-STANDARD

Ship w/ containers here: GS-91-1000-STANDARD empty

The two red containers can be downloaded here: Cargo containers for GS-91-1000-STANDARD

GS-91-2000-STANDARD

This freighter can be downloaded here: GS-91-2000-STANDARD

GS-91-3000-STANDARD

This ship can be downloaded here: GS-91-3000-STANDARD

Soon®

Soon®

Soon®

Soon®

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    I did download your latest creation and destroy an Isanth with it a few minutes ago. I like that you made your files sment as it was easy to upload. I gotta learn to do that. Thanks for sharing your work.

Reactions: Gasboy

Gasboy

BLRP
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    I did download your latest creation and destroy an Isanth with it a few minutes ago. I like that you made your files sment as it was easy to upload. I gotta learn to do that. Thanks for sharing your work.
    Hi, thank you for downloading one of my ships. I hope she serves you well.

I save the blueprints to local, and then export them from the main game screen (under tools, manage ship catalogue or somesuch). They will show up as sment files. Sments are really convenient, though I think there is a file size limit for the community content uploads, so that's why people use zips sometimes.

Won't be an issue for my ships, as I plan to stick to smaller ships for now.

Gasboy

BLRP
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    Gascor Skunkwerks is working on a stealth scout. Unfortunately, on the last test run, the pilot stepped out of the craft to investigate something. And lost the craft! :eek: Construction of a second scout has begun.

Last edited:
    Reactions: JimmyJamba

Gasboy

BLRP
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    http://starmadedock.net/content/gs-04s-black-jaguar-1-0.3446/download?version=4467

Gascor Skunkwerks has released their light stealth scout. No weapons, no shields, and only 3 seconds for the cloaking device. The radar jammer, however, remains on for a long as you maintain power. Something which the Black Jaguar does have in spades. With proper use of positioning, the fighter's paint job and the radar jammer combine to provide invisibility. Maintain some distance from what you are scouting, and you shouldn't have to flip the cloaking device on.

[DOUBLEPOST=1443896815,1443895039][/DOUBLEPOST]I've gone ahead and reduced the size of the images. Hopefully they are still readable for everyone, but at least now they won't pop out to ridiculous size when you click on them. And maybe this thread will load better on my phone. :rolleyes::p

Reactions: Rumcajz

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    Gascor Skunkwerks is working on a stealth scout. Unfortunately, on the last test run, the pilot stepped out of the craft to investigate something. And lost the craft! :eek: Construction of a second scout has begun.
    Such stealth. To think that the ship is still sitting there, waiting... Such sadness for stealth ship.

Gasboy

BLRP
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    Such stealth. To think that the ship is still sitting there, waiting... Such sadness for stealth ship.
    Oh, we found it. After the second had been finished. :p

EDIT: It is really damn easy to lose track of something that's painted all black, and has no running lights. From above, if the craft is angled correctly, you MAY see the ship core if you are close enough. From below, the core, the docking port and the camera are potentially visible. I can sneak up on my room mates without them seeing when the radar jammer is engaged.

I am looking forward to the eventual updating of the jammer and cloaker to use modules, so that it may be possible to have pretty ships that can actually cloak for a reasonable period of time.

Last edited:

Gasboy

BLRP
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    So I have not been idle, though I have been silent here. I am building a new station.
    I am using my stealth fighter to get around between stations. This newer one will have a modest sized shipyard for building fighters, shuttles and bombers. While the other station will construct larger ships. I am using Bench's USD with lockout, though I have changed the lights around. The dock will show green when it is available for docking, and will show red when a ship is docked. Inside, the lights will be red when the dock is empty, and green (to show a proper seal) when a ship is docked. It's a good visual representation, and you can see the docking lights from quite a distance, gives you an idea of where you need to get to in order to dock.

This image is a bit older, from this morning. Currently the four docking arms have two docking points half way down the arms, one on either side, these four arms will be for shuttles and fighters and other small craft.

Last edited:

Gasboy

BLRP
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    Alright, USDs are all set up for the fighter craft. Soon I will start on the bigger arms for ships, and then the rotating habitat section, and then the military section with turrets. I'm planning on setting up the turrets to be able to dock to any USD, so that defences can be spread out, and increased if necessary. I will have bobby AI in them all, but they will all be enterable, so players on the station can jump to its defence if necessary.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Rumcajz

Gasboy

BLRP
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    Not dead!

House server is shuttered, so I moved to Starside.

Where I begin anew.

Last edited:

Gasboy

BLRP
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    nice looking build , is it visitor friendly? or just faction.
    Currently just faction, however the upper part of the station will eventually become visitor friendly. There will be rooms (with personal cargo space) for people to use, a medbay and a store.

However, there was a bug found with non-faction ships docked to a public docker, ships so docked can be damaged. They do not inherit the stations invulnerability like faction ships do. Doesn't make for a very friendly trading station if your ships can be shot up.

Gasboy

BLRP
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    Okay, starting working on a ship that I will call a corvette class.

Development has stopped before she could be fitted out with her main turrets, and the rest of her anti-missile turrets.

The corvette, when complete, will be a decent starting ship: a spinal mounted main cannon (for a proper captain does not allow the ship to fight by herself), decent shielding and armor to be able to fight the default pirate stations and pirate ships, and good anti-missile defenses. The class will be a small workhorse, with variants for salvaging, repair and combat duties. With three crew, she won't be expensive to crew, and a squadron or two of these ships will complement a fleet nicely.

I'm not happy with the jump ring, it'll be enlarged in the second prototype. More room for anti-missile turrets. There will be more anti-missile turrets on the bow of the ship, along the top. And three turrets at the very nose of the ship.

There is a very spartan interior, but that will be standard for my larger ships, since they are warships.

Those anti-missile turrets are alterintel's design: How to make a very low profile (sexy) anti-missile turret

Last edited:

Gasboy

BLRP
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    This one really caught my attention. You should work on adding more details to it. Great shape.
    I'm glad the ship appeals to you.

I have thought long and hard about what sort of details I could add to the fighters. And besides making them look more cat-like, or making their hulls more represntative of the species they're named after, I'm at a loss.

One of the reason why I plan on sticking to smallcraft and small ships is that you don't need to do a lot of greebling. There is so little surface space on a fighter that you don't get 'bored'. Where as larger ships tend to have many lengthy flat surfaces that they need something.

The fighters are due for a redesign in the near future, as well I'll be expanding the line. Stay tuned, as they say.

Reaction score
    One of the reason why I plan on sticking to smallcraft and small ships is that you don't need to do a lot of greebling. There is so little surface space on a fighter that you don't get 'bored'. Where as larger ships tend to have many lengthy flat surfaces that they need something.
    Yep, I get how the detailing work feels. Working on a larger vessel (Indeterminate class because I don't play multiplayer yet, so I don't know how it compares to other ships) and am getting bored AND frustrated with progress. There's just one section that I cannot find any ideas for. No matter what I do. It's terrible.

Everywhere else came together nicely on the blasted ship....but the one section between the midships hangars and aft drone bays.

Gasboy

BLRP
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    Yep, I get how the detailing work feels. Working on a larger vessel (Indeterminate class because I don't play multiplayer yet, so I don't know how it compares to other ships) and am getting bored AND frustrated with progress. There's just one section that I cannot find any ideas for. No matter what I do. It's terrible.

Everywhere else came together nicely on the blasted ship....but the one section between the midships hangars and aft drone bays.
    Try a ring around it? Like a jump ring or something. Or a ring with turret emplacements?