Gascor Skunkwerks

Calhoun

Part-time God
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    The Vigilance Star Fleet Took possession of their first Gascor L25 Cargo Container.

After slight modification the Container was put into service and will be used as a standard in the construction of our Freighters.

(Thanks, very nice job)

Reactions: Gasboy

Gasboy

BLRP
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    The Vigilance Star Fleet Took possession of their first Gascor L25 Cargo Container.

After slight modification the Container was put into service and will be used as a standard in the construction of our Freighters.

(Thanks, very nice job)
    No problemo! :D

Reactions: Calhoun
    Reaction score
    That freighter is super nice. Simple and straight to the purpose. I also feel like this is the beginning of a standard for cargo containers. Obviously, corporations are gonna need own branding other than big GW on the side. If custom branding/paintjob is allowed, I'm totally gonna set up a system for loading/unloading these containers in oncoming salvager design (QC Taihao). Standards for life! ;D

Gasboy

BLRP
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    That freighter is super nice. Simple and straight to the purpose. I also feel like this is the beginning of a standard for cargo containers. Obviously, corporations are gonna need own branding other than big GW on the side. If custom branding/paintjob is allowed, I'm totally gonna set up a system for loading/unloading these containers in oncoming salvager design (QC Taihao). Standards for life! ;D
    Hehe, go for it. :)

There are more containers in the works (EDIT: basically all the colours!), as well as modules that fit the same spot as the container. Things like a salvage module, an astrotech module, maybe a few weapons modules. I was going to make shield and power supply modules, but I don't think they'll work now since they're docked entities. But I suppose I could build ships with these modules "built in".

Gasboy

BLRP
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    I have created a dedicated freighter, based off of the container ship I designed. Behold the GS-91-2000-STANDARD

The two cargo areas can hold 35k cargo each, which is only a little smaller than two cargo containers the other ship can hold.

The download link is here: GS-91-2000-STANDARD.

I've also added a new colour of cargo container, green.

More to come. A pair of green ones can be found here: Cargo containers for GS-91-1000-STANDARD - Green

Last edited:
    Reactions: NuclearFun
    Reaction score
    I would put some wedges on the angles, it look really sharp without it. They're made to be used frequently anyway so it should look like it has been used a lot, as a few blocs here and there that doesn't match in color.

Gasboy

BLRP
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    I would put some wedges on the angles, it look really sharp without it. They're made to be used frequently anyway so it should look like it has been used a lot, as a few blocs here and there that doesn't match in color.
    That's a decent idea. But I tend to lean towards a minimalist approach when it comes to RP stuff for ships.

Reaction score
    It's not necessarily about RP or things like that. It's about the small detail that will change it from "Okay, it's nice" to "Omagad it's beautiful !". Small details always make a huge difference.

For ships it's easy to do so, just add some cool logic system, good looking hull or simply play the fanboy card by building a popular ship. For simpler things like that, you'll need a bit of a brainstorming. The best thing is that it can be used after that on any ships without asking yourself what could be great on it.

In fact, i was just throwing in an idea. If you're not interested then so be it.

Gasboy

BLRP
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    It's not necessarily about RP or things like that. It's about the small detail that will change it from "Okay, it's nice" to "Omagad it's beautiful !". Small details always make a huge difference.

For ships it's easy to do so, just add some cool logic system, good looking hull or simply play the fanboy card by building a popular ship. For simpler things like that, you'll need a bit of a brainstorming. The best thing is that it can be used after that on any ships without asking yourself what could be great on it.

In fact, i was just throwing in an idea. If you're not interested then so be it.
    I understand what you were getting at. And it's fine, lots of people put work into detailing. I called it RP, because you have to create a reason why such detailing exists in your head, for the game does not require it in any way.

As I stated, I prefer a more minimalist approach. People are going to customize their ships no matter what you do, and so my ships are more of a blank canvas that people can work with. If people are scared to modify their ships because they don't want to "ruin" the look, then they aren't making the ship their own. Anything you do to the outside of my ships can only improve upon their look, and thus most people won't be able to "ruin" them, they'll only make them better.

Were I to do a replica ship, I would put more effort into detailing because I would be attempting to capture the essence and feel of the ship. The USS Enterprise, or an Imperial Star Destroyer, would need a whole lot of detailing to get right. Which is part of the reason why I don't attempt replicas, trying to get a ship "just right" drives me insane.

With my own creations, I am not trying to live up to anyone's expectations, which reduces the amount of stress I have trying to build something useful.
    [doublepost=1474144550,1474144496][/doublepost]
    Here's one screenshot of QC branded cargo module docked at Tai Hao salvager hangar bay port.
    http://i.imgur.com/0QV6LXz.png
    Hot damn, that is sexy. Well, I am glad the container fits where you needed it to.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    i like the idea for making a standardized shipping container size, but one of the tings they would need that these do not have is connections on the top and bottom, left and right.

currently there is no way of stacking those containers in any way other than length ways.
    also if you allow container stacking then it also allows the existence of mk2 containers that have double the length,height,width, whilst remaining compatible with the smaller containiners

Gasboy

BLRP
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    i like the idea for making a standardized shipping container size, but one of the tings they would need that these do not have is connections on the top and bottom, left and right.

currently there is no way of stacking those containers in any way other than length ways.
    also if you allow container stacking then it also allows the existence of mk2 containers that have double the length,height,width, whilst remaining compatible with the smaller containiners
    There are four USD compatible docking connections: one in the front, one in the back, one top and one bottom. I chose not to do port and starboard docking points because I felt there should be at least some space on one axis. There is also a small door on the port side, which I felt shouldn't be blocked.

Calhoun

Part-time God
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    The Gascor L25EV (as I have dubbed my modified version) doesn't have the side doors, as I removed all the doors in favour of a 45 degree rail opening.

The USD capable ports are retained for compatibility, and I'm planning a Cargo ship and tender based on the design. I'll post a picture of it when completed.

The base Container is easily modified, and would be a great standard.

Gasboy

BLRP
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    The Gascor L25EV (as I have dubbed my modified version) doesn't have the side doors, as I removed all the doors in favour of a 45 degree rail opening.

The USD capable ports are retained for compatibility, and I'm planning a Cargo ship and tender based on the design. I'll post a picture of it when completed.

The base Container is easily modified, and would be a great standard.
    Cool, I'd love to see some images once you've got it sorted. Thanks for choosing my design! :)

Reaction score
    GS-91-1000-STANDARD, the one with the cargo modules, is a great model for a basic freighter. I'm not a fan of fixed cargo model (GS-91-2000-STANDARD). I haven't yet tested either, so I can't really review, but you say that the basic model is slow when cargo containers are full. I think that can be really a big flaw. How nice would be to have a quick freighter that can easily load and unload cargo modules. No hassling with storage, just load, jump, unload, and you'd be good!

Gasboy

BLRP
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    GS-91-1000-STANDARD, the one with the cargo modules, is a great model for a basic freighter. I'm not a fan of fixed cargo model (GS-91-2000-STANDARD). I haven't yet tested either, so I can't really review, but you say that the basic model is slow when cargo containers are full. I think that can be really a big flaw. How nice would be to have a quick freighter that can easily load and unload cargo modules. No hassling with storage, just load, jump, unload, and you'd be good!
    The issue comes with the weight involved. There is only so much room for rail mass enhancers. I absolutely loathe ships that have all kinds of components exposed, and that is the one feature of the 1000 and 2000 I dislike, the stuff that can be seen that ought to be covered. So I can't just slap on more mass enhancers, and if I enlarge the ship, that slows it even more. But I'm working on an improved design so, soon.

Gasboy

BLRP
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    I've been adding to the station. Eventually there will be public areas, rooms to stay in, and access to a shipyard as well as building materials.

[doublepost=1474242187,1474239189][/doublepost]A new pair of containers has been constructed and are available for download. Teal!

Last edited:
    Reactions: unelsson

Calhoun

Part-time God
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    "Teal is a steal at just 999.99!" - Gascor marketing division, probably.

Gasboy

BLRP
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    "Teal is a steal at just 999.99!" - Gascor marketing division, probably.
    Hah. :p

Okay, working on a new fighter gave me some ideas for reworking my old ones.

View from above, showing the front, the reworked Tiger is on the right.

It's flatter, so it can properly land flush to any landing surface. I may create a new exit for times when you cannot leave from the bottom.

Port side, the new Tiger is on the bottom.

A view of the underside. The reworked Tiger is on the right.

Rear view. The bit I am most proud of, the engine detailing. New Tiger on the left.

Rear view from a higher vantage point.

I am going to fiddle with the systems a bit more. The new Tiger is a bit lighter, and has a bit more thrust, but has lost the overdrive system. The shielding is a bit better, though with the same regen. She has higher power and power regen too. The main cannons are the same as the older model, but the missiles have had their secondary systems toned down slightly. The missiles still pack a punch, just slightly less so, so you can fire them a little faster.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Scypio

Gasboy

BLRP
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    Okay, I have been a little busy tonight.

First, two new cargo container colours! Yellow and grey!

Yellow: Cargo containers for GS-91-1000-STANDARD - Yellow

Grey: Cargo containers for GS-91-1000-STANDARD - GREY

I will get all of the colours eventually! :)

And I have redesigned and relaunched the Tiger. My older fighters are going to be retired, and new redesigns launched in their place.

GS-01a-Tiger: GS-01a-Tiger

As someone who usually skimps on detailing, I have continued to do so! However, I am pleased as punch about how the engines turned out. And I have added a few more touches here and there to make it a bit less boring.

Last edited: