Reaction score
    As usual I'm slow to the threads as I spend all my time on youtube LOL
    ANYWAYS awesome thread, and here are some of the Gmodism Industries fighters;
    First the jellyfish, an evil biotech vessel that we retrieved (of RP built) ages ago when it was attacking space people (for more info on the incident see here: LOL )
    Then we have the GI_Pinhead 1000 block ship, certainly a fighter of vertical awesomeness! (it lost against an other 1k ship tho, but this version is NEW, more info for interrested here: )
    Lastly I posted my GI_Dragoon ADVANCED fighter, lots of features in that one, and with that I don't mean bugs LOL, that is however the only one not uploaded yet, but will be soon!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Why exactly do you have a warhead under the front end of the cockpit?

Reaction score
    Loool small fighter, right. That's bigger than one of my gunships. Of course this "gunship" was the first covered vessel I built (shelled with a hull) but still, I called it a gunship (at 25m more or less).

Reactions: DeepspaceMechanic

nightrune

Wizard/Developer/Project Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    Loool small fighter, right. That's bigger than one of my gunships. Of course this "gunship" was the first covered vessel I built (shelled with a hull) but still, I called it a gunship (at 25m more or less).
    I've got a ship I'd call a fighter that's 65m. Granted its got crew cabins and its designed for 3 people. Its a corvette for a lot of other players, but its completely subjective. Anything else smaller really isn't that effective.

Reactions: DeepspaceMechanic
    Reaction score
    I would say every object below 500 mass or 30 m lenght can be considered fighter. My argument is, that you cannot call something a fighter, if it does not fit into a carrier anymore. And if you have 50 m long fighters, the carrier must be 400m wide and 2km long. But the game is not made for such a large scale in actuall fighting gameplay with 30 combatants. But if you do not play it out with the game mechanics and build only for looks, then you can consider everything as a fighter.

edit: And thinking about it, I started building as small as fun makes it possible for fitting the fighters in future carriers or frigates.

With that logic, none of the fighters I build can be called fighters xD
    All mine are built with the idea that they should be able to seriously hurt anything smaller than a frigate in a few shots. I think my main-line fighter is almost 2k mass, with my smaller interceptors (mind that word) being at least 500 mass. But then again, I build MASSIVE hangers, so I guess my definition of practical differs

Attachments

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    UGPD Police Fighter
    31462_828dbb724dd22b3aa2c1086a86a5de0b.gif
    Pilot license and registration, please.

I made this tiny fighter as part of my fleet contest submission. It's not overly durable, but it's fast, inexpensive to produce, and has homing missiles. The best part clearly has to be the blinking lights. Appropriate for a police ship, no?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I just finished this hull.

Incidentally I could use some tips for making the guns look better.
    Nice, neat, simple design. I like it :) Although the ends of the gun barrels look a bit... flat. Maybe add a Light Rod to the end of each? Or change the block beneath the output to a wedge?
    How do you get inside, by the way? Is the canopy made of glass doors?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    How do you get inside, by the way? Is the canopy made of glass doors?
    The canopy and those nine dark grey hull blocks on the roof are now a docked entity, (They weren't yet when I took the picture, which is why the bottom isn't wedged here) they slide forward three blocks to let the pilot out. The insides of the ship that become exposed this way make for a handy access panel as well, I put stuff like the Bobby AI and the Faction module in there for easy access.

Also good idea with the light rod, I'll try that out.

Edit: I did it. I think it's turned out rather well!

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    The canopy and those nine dark grey hull blocks on the roof are now a docked entity, (They weren't yet when I took the picture, which is why the bottom isn't wedged here) they slide forward three blocks to let the pilot out. The insides of the ship that become exposed this way make for a handy access panel as well, I put stuff like the Bobby AI and the Faction module in there for easy access.

Also good idea with the light rod, I'll try that out.

Edit: I did it. I think it's turned out rather well!

Sounds like the canopy is making good use of the limited space. And yes, the Pipe and Light rods do make those cannons look better. Nice work :)