Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    hopeful suggestion here. I wish to be able to have a main vessel that i can attach and detach weapons and salvagers from through docking. this way you can have one ship and instead of having a salvager and fighter. allowing you to detach and attach accessories based on what task you are attempting.

Reactions: OfficialCoding
    Reaction score
    But you can.

The only limitation is that you need to have your storage blocks on the same part as salvage beams.

Dr. Whammy

Executive Constructologist of the United Star Axis
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    hopeful suggestion here. I wish to be able to have a main vessel that i can attach and detach weapons and salvagers from through docking. this way you can have one ship and instead of having a salvager and fighter. allowing you to detach and attach accessories based on what task you are attempting.
    This is already possible and has been for years. In fact, a large part of my fleet was geared toward this specific capability at one point.
    Combat Utility 2.jpg Combat Utility 1.jpg Torpedo 16x Challenger.jpg Torpedo 16x.jpg 100x Pathfider2.jpg salvager-jpg.18440.jpg

All the ships shown here used interchangeable modules ranging from salvagers, to lasers, to missile launchers, to cargo pods, to magazine fed torpedo launchers and fighter bays.

You are only limited by your imagination so go crazy with it.

ETA: Also, like Zoolimar said; connect storage blocks to your salvagers. But also, think about connecting missile storage if you ad a missile pod or two.

In theory, you can also use load/unload rails to transfer salvager module storage to the main ship's cargo bay depending on your setup.

Reactions: DukeofRealms
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I have literally been looking everywhere for updated info on this. I saw somewhere that it was possible through activation blocks but you couldn't focus aim and there was a problem with the cool down.

How do you go about linking things that way?

Also is there anywhere I can go for more detailed info on the game? Everything I find is usually from like 4 years ago.

Reaction score
    • Likeable Gold
    • Community Content - Silver 2
    • Thinking Positive
    You might want to consider manual turrets to fill the role of interchangeable docked weapons/salvage systems.

(Turret-like entities can be manually operated by checking the manual operation box in their Bobby AI computer, and by placing and selecting the turret axis icon on the flight-mode hotbar of the main ship.)

OfficialCoding

Professional Quickfire Hater
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    yeah I really want to build this kind of stuff. I'll probably have a go at it sometime soon.

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Yeah, this functionality is in Space Engineers. I would definitely make use of it if it were available in Starmade.
    The storage issue would be mute if the docking and logic was continuous across entities.

Crashmaster

I got N64 problems but a bitch ain't one
    Reaction score
    The wireless block is used to send a signal to a docked entity. They are linked one-way only and it's done in astronaut mode.

As far as I know there is not a lot of correct current info on the game available at all. Things are all changing too much or too buggy to bother documenting I'd guess.

A populated build server might be a good resource for getting info or questions answered quickly.