Wild Space Explorers

Reaction score
    • Likeable Gold
    • Community Content - Silver 2
    • Thinking Positive
    Man the battle stations! We are going to war.

Good choice for the ship's name, "Rising Tide" fits the natural-phenomena-related theme that was established in your previous major ship projects, WaveBraker, BurningAmber, WinterShade and RadiantDawn. (I know that the working-title "Deep Blue" was already given to a retro chess playing computer.)

Also, that battle scene... Lieutenant Bill Kilgore would be proud of you for using "Ride of the Valkyries" as the background music (just as they did in the helicopter scene of the Apocalypse Now movie, where a similarly huge number of projectiles were flying all around) :^D

Last edited:

Gasboy

BLRP
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    You do realize that the "wreckage" you left behind was factioned to your faction, right?

Reaction score
    • Likeable Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Today I show some of the finer details I put in interior builds. Making a ship feel alive.

I also reveal some of my future projects.

Another fantastic episode... The interior tour once again gave me a lot of building inspiration, and that "Black Star" drone carrier just blew my mind. Extremely nice! - Now I feel a need to do some experimentation with highly mechanical ship designs :^D

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Silver
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Another fantastic episode... The interior tour once again gave me a lot of building inspiration, and that "Black Star" drone carrier just blew my mind. Extremely nice! - Now I feel a need to do some experimentation with highly mechanical ship designs :^D
    The drone ship is very much a modular design. Just pop the wings out and exchange them with a different loadout.
    I’m just so glad StarMade makes these types of design possible.

Reaction score
    • Likeable Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    StarMade+MineCraft = StarCraft

We have been waiting for so long :) Good to see you back, this video was a breath of fresh air.

By the end of the video this newest station project of your's became so nice that it's just awe-inspiring and leaves me speechless.

Ambitious projects of this kind always reassure me about the huge potential within StarMade to create real fine works of sci-fi art... that are interactive and actually function. - Great job, keep up the good work! (y)

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Silver
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    We have been waiting for so long :) Good to see you back, this video was a breath of fresh air.

By the end of the video this newest station project of your's became so nice that it's just awe-inspiring and leaves me speechless.

Ambitious projects of this kind always reassure me about the huge potential within StarMade to create real fine works of sci-fi art... that are interactive and actually function. - Great job, keep up the good work! (y)
    The game has so much potential. It’s just getting the idea for a build that’s the hardest part. Looking at concept art helped a lot with that.

Reactions: DeepspaceMechanic
    Reaction score
    • Likeable Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    The game has so much potential. It’s just getting the idea for a build that’s the hardest part. Looking at concept art helped a lot with that.
    The concept art gallery you shared in the description is some really good material!

It would be really nice to have more of those sci-fi structures in an in-game form to be able to look around them and interact with them. Definitely a good source of design ideas.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    All the Cool Toys:

I watched the video a few minutes after you posted it. And I had to watch it a second time just to see the beautiful black ship (of which I forgot the name of). Simply good job and keep on doing great.

Reaction score
    • Likeable Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    All the Cool Toys

Congrats for finishing the BlackStar, it's a magnificent machine!

Nice job with the redesign of Gary's ship too, I'm looking forward to see the different kinds of docked side-pods as well.

As for the traffic animation, I would have a suggestion how to use it... Perhaps you could make a longer version of the little two-lane road with the cars spaced out little farther from each other, and maybe make a dockable entity of such an animated immersive feature. I think it would be very useful, because you or maybe other builders too could reuse this relatively complex feature without having to dock or wire up all the components.

Also, since you are working on a station projects which is based on a picture that doesn't clarify what's on the behind-side of the structure, you might spare time by using a traffic animation like this... Perhaps with one end of the road coming out of the asteroid's stone wall... Or with somewhat larger sci-fi trucks transporting rock material out of the asteroid tunnel, that would be nice :^D