Wild Space Explorers

Reaction score
    • Likeable Gold
    • Community Content - Silver 2
    • Thinking Positive
    Should I do more like this? Or are there other suggestions on how I should do these showcases?
    More episodes of this nature would definitely be enjoyed. It's nice how you see potential in other builders' more rudimentary designs and how you make these suggestion about possibilities for improvement.

The style in which this video was made would be perfectly fine, with the original and the improved ship side-by-side, keep up the good work! (y)

sayerulz

Identifies as a T-34
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Much black hull. Very sinister. Such evil. Wow.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Silver
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    We are taking a plunge into the past and giving it new live.

As any builder will know looking at old bleu prints really shows how much a build style can evolve.
    New features in the game help as well of course.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!

As any builder will know looking at old bleu prints really shows how much a build style can evolve.
    New features in the game help as well of course.

Hah, this was my favorite station to takeover when I needed one. Glad to see it's been updated and those elevators are on point.

Hangars could use some shield doors at least though.

Reaction score
    • Likeable Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Very glad that you're back. Hearing you say that you intend to post videos more regularly again already makes me feel like the community is coming back to life (although the real large wave of new activity is still 2-3 weeks in the future, when the first Power 2.0 prototype will see the light of day).

You did a very nice job with the station. It was already a beauty with a lot of potential, and this increase of construction quality and realism really added a lot. The rotating antenna array will make the station look alive from even a large distance, and that animated robotic arm is just superb!

Also, I have a little building principle related to what you pointed out about the need to change the shades of grey armor at certain places: the way I go about this is that I try to use a different color every time when two parts of a structure meet that are supposed to be two separate components connected together (for example, bolted together). The difference in color in such cases indicates that those two parts of the structure were "put together" instead of being one continuous piece of metal. And sometimes the Remove/Replace filter tool really comes handy to make such contrasts, when all that's needed to be done is changing some light grey parts to dark grey.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Likeable Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    We are going to harness the power of Science (TM) today.

Very nice! - I just wanted to say that you could change the plex doors on those small one-block-gap airlocks from full blocks to 1/4 slabs, on both doors, it would free up a significant amount of space for the inside.

Also, I think the two worker bees would be both necessary on a station of such small proportions... The smaller it is, the more help it needs :)

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Silver
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I’ll probably go for the door idea. The worker bees I’m not sure about.
    Depends a bit on how things work out as far as rails is concerned.

Reactions: DeepspaceMechanic
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Silver
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Finally got around to another city ship update. Getting a bit of a skyline going this episode.

jontyfreack

Pipe-God-Emperor of starmade
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Well im inspired to do things to my "NotActuallyAGardenShip" relating to a city.

This gets the pipe seal of approval :bipe: