Wild Space Explorers

Discussion in 'Shipyard' started by Tshara, Aug 19, 2014.

1. Tshara

• Like Like x 5
    2. aceface

really like the hangar doors with forcefields you got

3. DeepspaceMechanic

Wow, one of the first resources exported from a "v0.200" release.

It's odd that at 13:04 you not only had classic power reactors in there, but also a line with the ancient black-and-white texture. How's that possible?

I like that drone swarm idea, but can shipyard production be triggered by logic (with a signal of shields dropping below 100%)?

4. Tshara

The station is still operating under old power for now. I’ll switch it over once I have a better idea of the internal layout.

I’m hoping to get the drone shipyard as automated as possible. Building a drone however I don’t think can be logic controlled.

• Like Like x 1
    5. Tshara

Cubed:

• Like Like x 4
    6. Tshara

No better substitute:

• Like Like x 11
    7. Nosajimiki

FYI, automated shipyards are a losing proposition right now, but what you can do is make make factories designed to manufacture and pull the exact number of resources needed to fill a BP and drop them all on 1 box. If you want to mass produce drones, you then make what is called a drone rack, where you create a basic wireframe with some rails on it and a logic driven auto launcher (racks are typically have 4-24 drones each). Then you dock your drones to it and BP it. So if you want a highly automated way to make a fleet of drones, you use auto factories to produce the raw materials, then you cram them into a rack BP so you can spawn several at a time.

This is also good if you want preset fleet proportions, for example (6 interceptors, 4 bombers, & 1 E-War command frigate) per rack.

Some racks even use warheads to make self destruct triggers that overheat the rack after launching the drones so you don't have any permanent space junk.

8. happahappa

9. DeepspaceMechanic

Marvelous work!

It's like and odyssey of detailing - challenging, but creates legendary results.

I tried modular origami once (Modular origami - Wikipedia), so I know the feeling of working with repetitive patterns, creating a huge amount of the same simple thing to create a beautiful whole. Very tedious, but pays off majorly.

I also like how you went into the psychological background of your art - I like your theory of creating aesthetically pleasing "visual noise" with repetitive patterns overlayed by more prominent detailing.

I saw every of your Borg cube episodes - you should keep posting them here as well, after all, it most likely will become the greatest StarMade cube-ship ever (y)

10. Tshara

It started out as me making a bit of fun out of cube ships. Turned intop a bigger project then expected.

As for posting the vids. They where working on the forums at the time so it wouldnt let me post links to it.

• Like Like x 2
    11. Tshara

Droning on.

• Like Like x 4
    12. Tshara

And a Borg Cube done!

• Like Like x 5
    13. Tshara

And we are back with a new build project: The Raza

• Like Like x 6
    14. happahappa

omg the raza! :) i hope it has the proper neural interface for the android ;)

15. DeepspaceMechanic

This was already an awesome ship when you only had those sweet docked engines on the 2D wireframe. I always loved these kind of ships in which large portions of the structure can move, and I actually built one similar to your's recently.

Mine has six docked engine pods, and you know what I did? - I believe it was your RisingTide project where you initially planned to have some of its heavy turrets docked diagonally - inspired by that, I attached four of the engines of my ship on a hidden entity that is docked in 45 degrees, with nice results, you can take a look if interested: SOBEK DREADNOUGHT (1st edition: Shell with engine rotation functions)

16. Tshara

That is an awesome build. Very detailed and a sweet engine setup.

• Like Like x 1
    17. DeepspaceMechanic

Thanks! - Happy to hear that you like it :)

18. Tshara

This cute little station is finally power 2.0 compatible. Made some general improvements as well. Enjoy!

EGG Research Station

• Like Like x 4
    19. Tshara

The last official StarMade stream raised some questions about the use of logic. So I decided to try my hand at a practical tutorial.
      This one is all about Doors. From the simple to the unnecessary (read: fun) complex.

• Like Like x 6
    20. 0ldSkull

Excuse me sir, is this your gauntlet? I think you dropped it just back there.
      :)