Weapons Demonstration: News and Discussion

Reaction score
    Quick question: Have the tertiary effects been added to the latest dev build? I can't seem to get them.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Yea you can find it in the shop in the General -> Effect section you need a computer and modules

Reaction score
    It mentions that the tertiary effect blocks also have a defensive effect when not linked to anything- What are these defensive effects? Or, have they not been decided on or implemented yet?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    I have not been paying attention to if shields were changed, all I am looking at is the difference between my fighter current release and my fighter dev build. Pre-dev build in three shots I can kill the target but in the current release I cannot even scratch it. Dog fights are pointless as they will always be a stalemate unless your ships are built from solid guns and power and do not even use shields.
    [/spoiler]
    Well, we better hope things are changed for the better...

Reaction score
    that is really awesome!

but honestly: getting that well balanced will be very hard... what are your plans to balance small fighter and big capital weaponry? Right now even a single block cannon has a 1000m range, will that stay that way?

Reaction score
    that is really awesome!

but honestly: getting that well balanced will be very hard... what are your plans to balance small fighter and big capital weaponry? Right now even a single block cannon has a 1000m range, will that stay that way?
    probably not after all it is still a beta build stuff is bound to change in the future :).

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Yea there is a default setting. This setting can be edited in the server blockvonfigbehavior.xml or apply different stats at any time (nebula location or other not-implemented-yet stuff BUT with a server-configured blockbehaviorconfig.xml).
    It means there is a default range you set yourself (in SP) every weapons have (even 1 block of it, but you can still set different ranges for different weapons (like AMC, beams)). This range can only be improved in game by using the "beam" combos (cannons + beam // beam + beam // missile + beam // etc).
    I don't think this will make the weapons unbalanced between large and small ships, not as much as before. As the weapon is still dangerous for any target, even if it's small, because they can be well specialized.

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    This is the defensive-use list for effects so far. Most of them aren't fully working yet. They usage is like cloak/jam. Some consume power over time, some consume power one time and have to reload (so far, only the burst).
    This list is not final yet, of course.

EMP -> powerShield (not taking damage to ship power)

Explosion -> topSpeed up (not final desicion)

Ion -> ShieldHarden (less damage against shields)

Piercing -> piercingProtection (protection against pierching & punchThrough)

PunchThrough -> blockArmorBonus

Pull -> Protection against push/pull/stop from other entities

Push -> one-time thruster burst in view direction

stop -> AntiGravity (less/no gravity from e.g. planets)

Reaction score
    This is the defensive-use list for effects so far. Most of them aren't fully working yet. They usage is like cloak/jam. Some consume power over time, some consume power one time and have to reload (so far, only the burst).
    This list is not final yet, of course.

EMP -> powerShield (not taking damage to ship power)

Explosion -> topSpeed up (not final desicion)

Ion -> ShieldHarden (less damage against shields)

Piercing -> piercingProtection (protection against pierching & punchThrough)

PunchThrough -> blockArmorBonus

Pull -> Protection against push/pull/stop from other entities

Push -> one-time thruster burst in view direction

stop -> AntiGravity (less/no gravity from e.g. planets)
    how about the explosion destroys on coming explosive projectiles like missiles etc but has a long cool down. I think that will be more fitting :). and it will also consume a large amount of power depending on the amount of mass a ship has the more mass the more power consumed and it will also have a certain radios of effect depending on the l/w/h of the ship because bigger ships will need a bigger radios mainly due to the fact that because of there larger scale it will be harder to time it right and the on coming projectile could get out of view due to the large scale of the ship. and last but not least larger ships will have a longer cool down than smaller ships to make it a bit more fair :).

Reaction score
    This is pretty cool. Thanks for the list! Already thinking of ways to use these.

Reaction score
    This may be me thinking "too" far ahead, but would there be a way to make the pull/push things intelligent so we could make like, automatic docking systems or, orbiting ablative defense crafts? What I mean by orbiting crafts, I mean something like the Chmrr avatar from that really old game called Star control 2, it had these little "zap-sats" that "orbited" around the main ship, and fired on any ships that were too close, while also protecting against hits that actually hit the zap-sat.

Anyway, really excited for the up-date! great work :D

A good defence weapon to add would be a weapon magnet that pulls weapon fire towards it so you could protect the important parts of your ship from weapon fire. The more magnets blocks that are grouped together the more powerful the pull will be and the longer it range will be. the magnec would be stronger the closer the weapon fire gets to the magnet and make so you can change what weapon fire the magnec pulls so your own weapon fire or that of your own faction dosen't get attractited to it and also it would make so you could build ships to take weapon fire from enermys

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Top Forum Contributor
    A good defence weapon to add would be a weapon magnet that pulls weapon fire towards it so you could protect the important parts of your ship from weapon fire. The more magnets blocks that are grouped together the more powerful the pull will be and the longer it range will be. the magnec would be stronger the closer the weapon fire gets to the magnet and make so you can change what weapon fire the magnec pulls so your own weapon fire or that of your own faction dosen't get attractited to it and also it would make so you could build ships to take weapon fire from enermys
    I actually really like this idea, it could make it much harder for people to core drill :)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    How about Explosion effect in defense mode causing selfdestruction?
    It could work well in kamikadze ships or in ship-mines.
    It would be usefull and intuitive.