Weapons Demonstration: News and Discussion

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Can we please get Momentary Activators (otherwise know as "Buttons"). They are really needed for this kind of system.

Reactions: Ithirahad
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    You can build with the current one to act like a button (check on youtube, or wait for someone who know to tell you how to make them). It allows you to specify the lenght of the activation with some delay blocks.

therimmer96

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Top Forum Contributor
    yes, but that requires you to turn off the activator again, otherwise the next person will have to. this is a basic function that should be built in

MrFURB

Madman of the Girders
    Reaction score
    yes, but that requires you to turn off the activator again, otherwise the next person will have to. this is a basic function that should be built in
    Using a simple feedback loop, such as a delay block that is then linked back to the initial activation block allows you to have variable-time buttons with a minimum block count of two. Activating the button sends the signal to the delay and then back to the activation block, turning it off.

therimmer96

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Top Forum Contributor
    okay, but surely something as simple as a button should be built in, I am fairly sure that in a world where we have mastered travel among the stars, harnessing anti matter and regenerative shields, we would know what a button is and how to make it take less space than a 1^3 space

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    okay, but surely something as simple as a button should be built in, I am fairly sure that in a world where we have mastered travel among the stars, harnessing anti matter and regenerative shields, we would know what a button is and how to make it take less space than a 1^3 space
    THANK YOU!!!!

Reactions: therimmer96
    Reaction score
    OMG! its taking so long,i cant wait! GIMME GIMME GIMME!
    seriously,you guys rock,all of you.this game has so much potential.also,please bring back ores on asteroids.

Reaction score
    The punchtrough effect seems still not working
    I haven't added in any of the stat modifications for the tertiary effects yet. They are there, but the majority of the numbers are not set or even copy/pasted and with the wrong values intended for another type of tertiary.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Cannons are still so useless. Huge power requirements and poor damage output. My test platform, my destroyer, now cannot even fire more than one slug at a time. I just sit there and the defence turrets cannot even kill the pathetic Isanth-VI. I turned a bunch of the turrets into rapid fire cannons and they look impressive but are ultimately combat ineffective.

Reaction score
    I haven't added in any of the stat modifications for the tertiary effects yet. They are there, but the majority of the numbers are not set or even copy/pasted and with the wrong values intended for another type of tertiary.
    Yeah, I've noticed. It seems like only a few of the secondary weapons work as well. Seems like I can only get sniper/artillery missile and shotgun cannon. To those who think the update is coming soon don't get exited. Maybe in a few months.

Also, can someone post the picture that showed different weapon combinations? An updated version would be good as well.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    OK. But I didn't mean I tried it without tweaking blockbehaviorconfig.xml
    here is my values:

Is this bugged or what I am missing?
    starmade-screenshot-0000.png

Yeah, I've noticed. It seems like only a few of the secondary weapons work as well. Seems like I can only get sniper/artillery missile and shotgun cannon. To those who think the update is coming soon don't get exited. Maybe in a few months.

Also, can someone post the picture that showed different weapon combinations? An updated version would be good as well.
    I a few months it shouldn't take that long to add in the other weapons and they showed the weapons on the the weapon demostration so it shouldn't be long until they are finished

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I'm really impressed with the latest dev build (18th may) because I can load a battleship and a supercarrier at good fps on a mac book air!

Reaction score
    I'm really impressed with the latest dev build (18th may) because I can load a battleship and a supercarrier at good fps on a mac book air!
    When i load in ships they have invisible blocks (16x16x16) everywhere... those blocks are loaded in, i can remove or add to them, they are just invisible...

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    When i load in ships they have invisible blocks (16x16x16) everywhere... those blocks are loaded in, i can remove or add to them, they are just invisible...
    that's bad. well i've never seen that yet.