Weapons Demonstration: News and Discussion

Reaction score
    Last night a new video was posted on StarMade's news page.​

We wanted to give you a chance to see it, and then invite you to comment and discuss on this thread about the weapon combinations and other content shown & mentioned regarding this update that is being worked on. Check out the link above if you have not had a chance to view the news yet.

Thanks for playing,
    Calbiri

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Whoaaaa. New decorative blocks... Nice. However, what about the Charge Laser and whatnot? Are those still planned or has the system become all just universal fire-style modifiers now? (Which is still good)

...Oh, and the Mine Layers. Please tell me those haven't been scrapped. >.>

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Whoaaaa. New decorative blocks and whatnot... Nice. However, what about the Charge Laser and whatnot? Are those still planned or has the system become all just universal fire-style modifiers now? (Which is still good)
    The minelayers were put on hold, not removed. Same thing for the intended beam style (the one that isnt a constant laser) this will be added in as another weapon block (functionally the same as the laser when linking it to other weapons). There are many utilities and effects not yet mentioned, and we haven't scrapped any planned weapon types, this is just the initial set.

Reactions: flpsantoss

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Weapon color changing is not yet in the dev build (it's fairly easy to implement with the updated system).

It will be as easy as placing a light next to your weapon computer

(a full RGB range is also maybe possible, but since that will produce extra meta data, I have to check its cost-value)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    From what i could see, the number of unique weapons could beat the 100 mark. This is so awesome!

The big problem to really test this new weapons is that single player is difficult to get accurate results, as you need someone to be on one ship for see the shields for hit and see how the damage goes. other things i really think need a boost is range for the pulse or make the center point selected beside the modules.

About the decorations, why they are not in the last dev build? For Schemas sake, why you do this with us Calbiri? You teaser!!!!

For the rest, nice work and keep us informed

Reaction score
    It's about time! this looks great! Can we change the colors of the weapons too?
    The Particle editor will allow admins to adjust this, BUT schema has also said its possible to use the linking system to add in color modification via lights. The issue with this is that we want to ensure that weapons are easily identifiable via their graphics, removing identification by color would make this harder, but its still an option to consider :D (im hoping for it)

*Schema beat me to it, so ya, what he said above

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Please tell me the weapons will have sound effects.

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    From what i could see, the number of unique weapons could beat the 100 mark. This is so awesome!

The big problem to really test this new weapons is that single player is difficult to get accurate results, as you need someone to be on one ship for see the shields for hit and see how the damage goes. other things i really think need a boost is range for the pulse or make the center point selected beside the modules.

About the decorations, why they are not in the last dev build? For Schemas sake, why you do this with us Calbiri? You teaser!!!!

For the rest, nice work and keep us informed
    An new weapon panel is already wip. I'll add new statistics to account for all combinations and effects. Testing a unique weapon's efficiency in combat has to be done by players though

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    An new weapon panel is already wip. I'll add new statistics to account for all combinations and effects. Testing a unique weapon's efficiency in combat has to be done by players though
    Yeah, i was talking like it is difficult to test, but nothing that a good logic system could not get it done other way.

Someone tell me if i am wrong, but i already listen to some new sounds.

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    I believe the new weapons will be using the "Pew Pew" sound pack. Most likely going to be Schema just saying pew pew into a mic, but who wouldn't want that?!
    something like in the first 20 seconds of this?

Reaction score
    Excuse my language, but oh my F*CKING God

The grates are grate (hue) and the planets look swish! Let this be soon, please! Also, is that a lava planet I peep in the preview?

(Could ya give us an ETA?)

Reaction score
    Excuse my language, but oh my F*CKING God

The grates are grate (hue) and the planets look swish! Let this be soon, please! Also, is that a lava planet I peep in the preview?

(Could ya give us an ETA?)
    That was a planet with its crust stripped off, so yes, techincally it was a lava planet, or more accurately, the exposed mantle of a planet.

Reactions: WarmasterRaptor

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Indeed! Now who's up for some Space Pizza?
    I would like one with peperoni please that would get me on top of the universe!
    D**n I just love Steam powerd Giraffe.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    All I need is for turrets to use rapid fire and missiles that chase enemies and im happy :D

Reaction score
    Last night a new video was posted on StarMade's news page.​

We wanted to give you a chance to see it, and then invite you to comment and discuss on this thread about the weapon combinations and other content shown & mentioned regarding this update that is being worked on. Check out the link above if you have not had a chance to view the news yet.

Thanks for playing,
    Calbiri
    freaking awesome! I cant wait!