Weapons Demonstration: News and Discussion

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Correction... Nothing *WAS* balanced ;)

I really hope these are not that close to the final balance. I know most weapon systems will have to be rebuilt but this the current cannons are not even close to what they were. Of the ships I've tested my destroyer can fire one of it's 32 cannons, and cannot maintain power for her turrets. On the plus side AI accuracy seems to be working now as my turret AI are all drunk and couldn't hit a planet at 100 meters (conjecture, I didn't actually try this) I also tested my primary assault fighter and it is only able to fire one shot before running out of power, I converted it's guns to rapid fire and they were not able to even scratch the shields of my weakest pirate before running out of power. So Power consumption is way to high or damage is too low.

or are these balances not in todays devbuild? starmade-build_20140509_160332

Reactions: Ithirahad
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    It's about time! this looks great! Can we change the colors of the weapons too?
    Yes we can. Confirmed in Stream earlier today. Place any Light emitting block below the Master Computer for that weapon to see a change in color.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Purchased!
    I saw in the dev Q&A, that several people were able to select an entire block of system, and link it to a computer all at once. How is this done?

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Maybe just the centre Fwyrl?

But how far should a turret see some jammed ship? Jam does not break on weapon fire, thus you could shoot some space station and never have to worry about return fire.

I noticed if you drop out of cloak, jam alone can keep turret fire away from you.
    How will "attack selected target" work?

Last edited by a moderator:
    Reaction score
    It is only a test of this change, its not set in stone. If this proves to impede combat with turrets and AI then we can change it back extremely easily. If it DOES function, it will make the combat with the new weapons that much more fun (no core drilling) until we implement the change to how ships are destroyed.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I see that the Dev build for the 11th defiantly jumped up in size. What changed so drastically?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Purchased!
    Frikkin awesome man, where can I get the dev-build I want to stat adding decorative hazard blocks, and logic systems to my ships now!! :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Purchased!
    An new weapon panel is already wip. I'll add new statistics to account for all combinations and effects. Testing a unique weapon's efficiency in combat has to be done by players though
    where can I get the Dev-build