Weapons Demonstration: News and Discussion

Reaction score
    I'm pretty sure the dev builds are available to all! This was all in the news of the old site, so I don't think I'll get in trouble for giving away any top secret information.
    Here's the index of all the old and new builds, along with the "dev" folder at the top. The username and password are both "dev". http://files.star-made.org/build/

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I'm pretty sure the dev builds are available to all! This was all in the news of the old site, so I don't think I'll get in trouble for giving away any top secret information.
    Here's the index of all the old and new builds, along with the "dev" folder at the top. The username and password are both "dev". http://files.star-made.org/build/
    umm, no - those are all the builds that have been publically released.

Reaction score
    The latest three dev builds have some of the new weapons. Possibly more than that, but the "20140509" through "20140511" have them.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I think this dev build is for everyone. Why is there a news for it otherway? Make us suffer? The releases are here: http://files.star-made.org/build/dev/ login-password: dev

Edit: The last dev update seems bugged for me I could not launch it. I wrote a report

Last edited:
    Reactions: aceface
    Reaction score
    And is some nice textures if i can say so.

The Cannon+Missile combo is not the same anymore, what happened? its only doing one shoot
    The shotgun is still creating multiple smaller rounds, however, their spread has been reduced to a zero degree cone of fire, making them appear as one

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    ...It seems to launch in multiplayer but not singleplayer... Gonna see if the newest build works in SP.
    Do you mean the 10th may update? I didn't try it as I always take the lastest one. I have issues with the 11th may update. It don't work for me in MP or SP.
    When I launch SP (it creates a server in background) the games crash in the black loading screen and I don't see any error.
    So I launch a dedicaded server in local and connect it with the client by localhost:4242. There the server crash with a nullpointer exception error. If I don't close it, or click anything, I am able to see the camera animation and the spawn button in the client window but then crash.

Edit: Calibri you posted: "
    The shotgun is still creating multiple smaller rounds, however, their spread has been reduced to a zero degree cone of fire, making them appear as one
    "
    I did not have the possibility to test it but I think this break the feeling of using a shotgun. The spread should be lower but not act as a regular AMC, that's the worst solution I think

Edit:
    I think the shotguns should have their own avantages over the other combination to be used in the game's situation. I think in videogames you use a shotgun for being sure to hit your targets easely with the handicap of having to get close to your targets. I think the shotgun should keep his spread but lower it a lot (to give an idea you maybe want the spreads of a single shot to cover an area of 1-3 blocks around the point you shot straight on at average distance - like 300m) and I think the shots' speed should be greatly increased, giving you the ability to shoot your target even easelier. For preventing this of being OP the damage should decrease with the range the shot travels. I know the old shotguns where not well balanced, but I don't like the idea of a single shot shotgun.

Sorry for my crap english

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    I personally can't wait to launch a shotgun cloud of mines, I know they shelved the mines until the next update. Or a stream of a few mines, like the mines in Wipeout. So any news on the update? Any ETA's? Implementing stuff or fixing bugs?

Reactions: Ithirahad

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    So any news on the update? Any ETA's? Implementing stuff or fixing bugs?
    I won't speak for others, but i will quote Schema where he addressed giving ETA's in a previous thread.
    Saying "this will take exactly 2 weeks to do" is something that in almost all cases turns out to be a lie. And I don't want to lie.
    As for the update and it's progression, if you have been following the dev builds and getting stuck in testing them out, you are quite literally playing with it as it's being made. :D

It's super exciting to see so much anticipation for this update! But please understand a solid ETA will most likely not be given for the aforementioned reason.

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I won't speak for others, but i will quote Schema where he addressed giving ETA's in a previous thread.

As for the update and it's progression, if you have been following the dev builds and getting stuck in testing them out, you are quite literally playing with it as it's being made. :D

It's super exciting to see so much anticipation for this update! But please understand a solid ETA will most likely not be given for the aforementioned reason.
    Kupu could you make a plain hull texture for the realistic pack like in the pixel one? theres too many small tiles in the realistic one for hardened hull.

Reaction score
    Do you mean the 10th may update? I didn't try it as I always take the lastest one. I have issues with the 11th may update. It don't work for me in MP or SP.
    When I launch SP (it creates a server in background) the games crash in the black loading screen and I don't see any error.
    So I launch a dedicaded server in local and connect it with the client by localhost:4242. There the server crash with a nullpointer exception error. If I don't close it, or click anything, I am able to see the camera animation and the spawn button in the client window but then crash.

Edit: Calibri you posted: "
    "
    I did not have the possibility to test it but I think this break the feeling of using a shotgun. The spread should be lower but not act as a regular AMC, that's the worst solution I think

Edit:
    I think the shotguns should have their own avantages over the other combination to be used in the game's situation. I think in videogames you use a shotgun for being sure to hit your targets easely with the handicap of having to get close to your targets. I think the shotgun should keep his spread but lower it a lot (to give an idea you maybe want the spreads of a single shot to cover an area of 1-3 blocks around the point you shot straight on at average distance - like 300m) and I think the shots' speed should be greatly increased, giving you the ability to shoot your target even easelier. For preventing this of being OP the damage should decrease with the range the shot travels. I know the old shotguns where not well balanced, but I don't like the idea of a single shot shotgun.

Sorry for my crap english
    I meant that this change was a bug, and explained what was occuring, the spread is still intended.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I literally freaked out over the new additions, all the decorative blocks, the crystals, weapon effects, and ORANGE HULL!

The weapons still need a lot of balancing though, I loaded up my main fighter to test out the cannons. They seem way to slow by default and with a 50/50 split to "rapid fire" cannons were still really slow. The damage is also pathetic as I wasn't able to break the shields on a standard Isanth let alone another fighter in a dogfight. More testing later, oh and damage lasers still crash my game.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    I literally freaked out over the new additions, all the decorative blocks, the crystals, weapon effects, and ORANGE HULL!

The weapons still need a lot of balancing though, I loaded up my main fighter to test out the cannons. They seem way to slow by default and with a 50/50 split to "rapid fire" cannons were still really slow. The damage is also pathetic as I wasn't able to break the shields on a standard Isanth let alone another fighter in a dogfight. More testing later, oh and damage lasers still crash my game.
    What do you mean with 50/50 split? You scale the same amount of blocks in master and slave? If that so, you need to remember that all weapons are changing, and with this change the dps is bound to be different than it was before. I don't know if the shield got any change, but it is probably to get one for balance with the new weapons.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    What do you mean with 50/50 split? You scale the same amount of blocks in master and slave? If that so, you need to remember that all weapons are changing, and with this change the dps is bound to be different than it was before. I don't know if the shield got any change, but it is probably to get one for balance with the new weapons.
    50/50 split means half the cannons to the main weapons computer and half to the slave. This should produce the most effective "rapid fire" cannon but I think they are slower than that ships current cannons in the current release and in no way considered rapid. I know this is changing as I am testing the different dev builds and providing feedback so the end results will be better. A default Isanth has very weak shields so it should not be able to shrug off a direct attack from a fighter.

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    guys how do you get the effect (rapid, multishot etc) i can only find piercing explosive adn two others.

Reactions: blurb357
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    guys how do you get the effect (rapid, multishot etc) i can only find piercing explosive adn two others.
    In build mode press C in the Weapon computer you want as master (cannon/missile/beam/damagepulse) then press V on the computer of the slave you want the effect, cannon for rapidshot, missile for multishot, beam for long range and damagepulse for another effect (dont know exacly what this ones beam and damagepulse are doing)

Don't try with BBs, SK and the pulsator because they not work. Hope you can understand