Weapons Demonstration: News and Discussion

Reaction score
    Well guys, I'm looking forward to those long-ranged heavy missiles. Replace 12 of my current missiles, then the other 8 with rapid-fire missiles...fun stuff. While I've never really been a fan of decorative blocks, I know a good number who do like them, and the new blocks will help them out. Still looking forward to the planets, they look great! Plus, the tertiary weapon effects sound pretty intriguing. Keep up the good work!

Reactions: Dark_Inquisitor
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    How about tracking missiles, has it been determined how we will get SD-BB and SD-KB like missiles in the new system?

Reactions: blurb357
    Reaction score
    How about tracking missiles, has it been determined how we will get SD-BB and SD-KB like missiles in the new system?
    In the current Dev build, the swarm missiles use KB ai, and the long range missiles (sniper version) use BB ai, this may change though.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    In the current Dev build, the swarm missiles use KB ai, and the long range missiles (sniper version) use BB ai, this may change though.
    The latest dev build I tried didn't have most of the connections working yet. I hope we will get some missile balances. KB seems to randomly attacked allied turrets only and will ignore the ship 10 meters away and hit a target 500 meters away. SD-BBs are so slow you can fire at a target, pass the missile, turn around, cook dinner, eat dinner, and then watch the missile impact the target over desert.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    The latest dev build I tried didn't have most of the connections working yet. I hope we will get some missile balances. KB seems to randomly attacked allied turrets only and will ignore the ship 10 meters away and hit a target 500 meters away. SD-BBs are so slow you can fire at a target, pass the missile, turn around, cook dinner, eat dinner, and then watch the missile impact the target over desert.
    Yep. The SD-BB issue has to be fixed. IMO, they should go almost as fast as anything else but have a longer recharge period and perhaps some other limit...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Things i see in the latest dev build(214200)

There is a bug in amcs, connecting one computer to another shoot and then desconnect the combo will probaly crash the game, because the energy never fill again and i cant connect any more weapons after that, the get the purple connect box even with computers.

other than this still amcs i tested this combos 100 x 1 blocks, 100x10, 100x50, 100x100 with this i can say:

1% combo is useless as it get the recharge rate way over the slow on the contrary of the weapon idea. (blue square over the hotkey that looks the recharge for a bit)
    10% is almost the same shooting delay from basic cannons before the combos change.
    50% is quick and do good damage per shot, almost no delay from the first hit to the second hit.
    100% a pure machine-gun as quick as possible and low damage per shot.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Theses new weapons are awesome, I can't wait for the annonced minelayer, with the possibilities it could add to the actual weapons
    For now I'll design two fighter using rapid-fire AMC or lasers and see which one's the best
    AND I noticed the "purple box" bug, too

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Very interesting demonstration, I look forward to testing these on my entire family (home server) with relative impunity. I shall post back on the 'Geez, that was so unfair..' comments as they arrive.

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    does the current dev build have a graphic for the damage beams? cuz i downloaded it and the beams are still invisible to me

Reaction score
    does the current dev build have a graphic for the damage beams? cuz i downloaded it and the beams are still invisible to me
    The damage beam is the reddish colored beam weapon seen in the video. This will be changeable of course, and hsould have a better default look once the particle editor is linked to weapon combos (this likely will be done after this patch, sorry, but how long do you want to wait to play with the weapons? :p)

If the beam isnt displaying for you, its likely a bug or a setting issue.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    These new weapon "module" is amazing, :)
    I am really looking forward too see what type of custom weapons, the community can make.

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Calbiri will the new weapons have sounds or is that something of less importance?

Last edited by a moderator:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    There is a strange bug when firing a weapon computer with a slave and effect module using a LOGIC module
    The projectile fired is then bugged and travels very slowly, so slowly I was able to put myself in front of it and getting killed by.

Reaction score
    I really like how this is looking, moreso that I think some of the weapon combos for missiles might make the missile block more interesting than it already is. I was wondering, can you link multiple secondary effects together? Like if I want a couple of multishot rockets and have them fire off really quickly.

Reaction score
    So, uhh...could we maybe get an ETA? Too difficult to say right now? Dying for this update and the new blocks didn't help, makes me want to build even more!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I really like how this is looking, moreso that I think some of the weapon combos for missiles might make the missile block more interesting than it already is. I was wondering, can you link multiple secondary effects together? Like if I want a couple of multishot rockets and have them fire off really quickly.
    You can't. Trying to link different slave computer on the main will result in a purple box bug
    But you can add an effet when the weapon touch his target, dealing the damage differently. Like explosion (area of effect, but not on shields), EMP (increased damage on shields). But lots of theses don't work because of the basic values.
    This dev update focus on the blockbehavior.xml where you can change the values to make specialized weapons. Nothing is balanced for now

Reaction score
    You can't. Trying to link different slave computer on the main will result in a purple box bug
    But you can add an effet when the weapon touch his target, dealing the damage differently. Like explosion (area of effect, but not on shields), EMP (increased damage on shields). But lots of theses don't work because of the basic values.
    This dev update focus on the blockbehavior.xml where you can change the values to make specialized weapons. Nothing is balanced for now
    Correction... Nothing *WAS* balanced ;)

Reaction score
    That was a planet with its crust stripped off, so yes, techincally it was a lava planet, or more accurately, the exposed mantle of a planet.
    So planets gets an indestructible core? or a very very hard to destroy one?

Also, does that mean they can eventually "regenerate" themselves after a long period of time?