Trident Industries (Recruiting)

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    IGN: Designerman011
    Military, Utility, or Construction: Preferrably Contstruction, but will do military:
    Why are you looking to join the industry?: I would like to join into a friendly community of a faction where I have more purpose behind what I do, rather than doing random things which leads to unfinished projects.
    Previous Work: http://www.imgur.com/a/r8ZFC
    Steam: its joshc043
    Mic: Yes

Jake_Lancia

Official Source of Blame
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Community Content - Silver 2
    IGN: Designerman011
    Military, Utility, or Construction: Preferrably Contstruction, but will do military:
    Why are you looking to join the industry?: I would like to join into a friendly community of a faction where I have more purpose behind what I do, rather than doing random things which leads to unfinished projects.
    Previous Work: http://www.imgur.com/a/r8ZFC
    Steam: its joshc043
    Mic: Yes
    Ah yes, that is a fine looking ship there! Accepted.

This time, recruitment is properly closed temporarily xD

Reactions: Lecic

Jake_Lancia

Official Source of Blame
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    TRIDENT ANNOUNCEMENT

As of this time, Trident Industries will hereby be restructured. We at Trident put it to a vote earlier, and a majority was achieved. So henceforth, Trident Industries will become a community-oriented faction, working to better the community, promote advanced technologies previously pioneered by us and our allies, and to share our knowledge with the wider Starmade community. No longer will we be a military force only.

We will focus more on helping others learn to play the game, as well as giving advice and teachings on building or combat to members of the community. We will likely support the NFD in their endeavours to do similar things, and will use the NFD Build Server as a base for these teachings. Many of our current ships shall be refit with new civic amenities to go along with our new orientation, and new ships will have these as standard.

This restructuring has come at the perfect time: NFD have begun to do the same.

We have worked hard throughout our history to promote peace, and now it has finally been achieved, we can return to doing what we love best - actually playing the game.

I am pleased to say that Trident is now also reopening recruitment. In light of recent events, I see no reason for it to be closed any more.

From henceforth, Trident is back to our original peacekeeping ways.

And now, we reminisce on the good times and the bad times we have had, for this is a day of celebration for us at Trident.

Trident's first official ship, the Doombringer fighter, carried over from my old solo faction. It never lived up to its name, and was retired quickly to make way for stronger fighters.

Trident's signature ship series, the Quantum Heavy Frigates (now reclassified as light corvettes) These vessels served us well for nearly two long years, battling pirates, rogue members, small military factions, and finally Odium. Only the FRQ remains in service.

An early Trident fleet, circa October 2014. Many ships made during this time still serve us (FRQ, Hyperion, Mercury for example)

crazyf22raptor (left) and I (right) enjoy the space view from outside our earliest homebase, Relay 47, on the Nass server.

The Paladin Heavy Cruiser. Still under construction to this day, she would have represented Trident's military power across hundreds of star systems. Today, she remains mothballed, awaiting a day when she may be needed again.

A combat op against a hostile faction on the GenXNova server, supported by N.O. forces. I was piloting an NFD Munich at the time.

TRV FlyingDebris (center) and the N.O. fleet during combat ops. Sadly the vessel was lost when Cobalt Royalty forces boarded the vessel.

Trident's current base on GenXNova, station TRS Prometheus. The station holds extensive civic and scientific amenities, unlike many of our other stations, and has many docks for friendly ships.

A Trident patrol around the spawn sector of the GenXNova server, involving two first-generation Brawler Heavy Frigates.

A lovely docking mishap at an outpost station... :p

Oh, and before I go, it seems I forgot to post a link to the newly-released Prowler Destroyer here. A gesture of good faith on behalf of Trident. This is our latest warship, made mere days before this announcement. Oh well, here it is for ya.

Thank you for your time.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    If you are still recruiting, I wish to join.
    IGN: cptdeath58
    Military, Utility or Construction: military
    Why you want to join the Industry: Multiple reasons.
    1. To help with your faction's interests and help protect it.
    and 2. To do something with my time other than floating in space.
    Steam name (optional): cptdeath58
    Do you have a mic? yes

Jake_Lancia

Official Source of Blame
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    If you are still recruiting, I wish to join.
    IGN: cptdeath58
    Military, Utility or Construction: military
    Why you want to join the Industry: Multiple reasons.
    1. To help with your faction's interests and help protect it.
    and 2. To do something with my time other than floating in space.
    Steam name (optional): cptdeath58
    Do you have a mic? yes
    Accepted. Welcome to Trident Industries!
    [DOUBLEPOST=1442955937,1442953116][/DOUBLEPOST]TRIDENT NEWS

Jake Lancia, CEO of Trident here. It's been a while since any actual updates, so may I present the latest ships in the Trident lineup!

The first new ship is the Prowler Light Frigate!

While this was built (and released publicly) about a month ago, it has only recently come into service with Trident defense forces. Heavily armored with multiple plates of Prowler Armor the ship can survive huge amounts of damage before failing.

The next ship to show is a new ship, only made in the last few days! Enter the Mercury II Troopship!

Designed as a mobile command base and launchpad for licensed Aquarius Transports, this nimble little vessel is well-suited to planetary assaults or boarding actions.

Our third ship to showcase is the Vanguard Heavy Frigate!

This larger vessel is intended for front-line assault, and as such it is armed with the strongest weapons and heavily armored with layers of Gen2 Prowler Armor to ensure it will prevail in conflict.

Returning to our roots, we have updated our iconic Quantum Corvette series with a new Assault variant!

This reconstructed ship follows the originals closely but has a few extra surprises up its sleeve. It is bigger and badder than ever now.

And our final ship, the Gladius Defense Frigate!

Intended for defense of key strategic assets, the Gladius was designed with a similar primary hull as the larger Vanguard frigate and as such it inherits its defensive capabilities, and augments them with a few of its own.

And that's it for this news broadcast!

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    i did a somethings

The Leech
    Leech.jpg
    Is like a coot little leech. Suck your blood nom nom.

The Vampire
    Vampire.jpg
    Is like bigger leech. Less coot, more blood suck. Sluuuurp.

OMG MATT YOU CHANGED STYLE?
    LOL JK (unnamed ship WIP)
    Interdictor.jpg

Reactions: Jaaskinal and Lecic

Bogdan

Grand Master of OOB
    Reaction score

Jake_Lancia

Official Source of Blame
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Trident gladly accepts your alliance. May we prosper together my friend.

Jake_Lancia

Official Source of Blame
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    TRIDENT ANNOUNCEMENT

It is unfortunate, but we at Trident have elected to leave the Nest of Orion. We don't believe the union is relevant any more in these times, and we will endeavour to make our own way yet again. Despite this we will keep in close contact with all current and former NO members.

The Judge

Kill me please
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    TRIDENT ANNOUNCEMENT

It is unfortunate, but we at Trident have elected to leave the Nest of Orion. We don't believe the union is relevant any more in these times, and we will endeavour to make our own way yet again. Despite this we will keep in close contact with all current and former NO members.
    Well, N.O dedded pretty fast.

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    It pretty much only existed to counter odium, without that it's just unnecessary baggage.
    Good thinking to end it. If you just kept it going with no real goals, because the only one it had was finished, it would gradually decay and rot. Created for a purpose, served its purpose, then retired to have fond memories about what it did.

Reaction score
    IGN: deltatrando
    Military, Utility or Construction: Construction
    Why you want to join the Industry: I am back on the game after one year and interested in the construction, I want only to work in a good atmosphere
    Steam Name (if applicable): deltatrando
    I'm not a good english speaker. Sorry if I shall not be talkative

Jake_Lancia

Official Source of Blame
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    IGN: deltatrando
    Military, Utility or Construction: Construction
    Why you want to join the Industry: I am back on the game after one year and interested in the construction, I want only to work in a good atmosphere
    Steam Name (if applicable): deltatrando
    I'm not a good english speaker. Sorry if I shall not be talkative
    Application denied, pending review.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    IGN: Kij421
    Military, Utility or Construction: Whatever you need
    Why you want to join the Industry: Trident sounds like a welcoming environment, and the ships are always pretty
    Steam name (optional):
    Link to previous content (Construction applicants only): http://starmadedock.net/threads/kij-shipworks.21760/ (a WIP, really)
    Do you have a mic? Yes
    Applicants not using this template will be asked to rewrite their application.

As an extra detail, I'm located in GMT -6. And out of curiosity, what is the updated server list for Trident? Thanks for the consideration!

Last edited:
    Reactions: Jake_Lancia

Jake_Lancia

Official Source of Blame
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    IGN: Kij421
    Military, Utility or Construction: Whatever you need
    Why you want to join the Industry: Trident sounds like a welcoming environment, and the ships are always pretty
    Steam name (optional):
    Link to previous content (Construction applicants only): http://starmadedock.net/threads/kij421-shipyard.21760/ (a WIP, really)
    Do you have a mic? Yes
    Applicants not using this template will be asked to rewrite their application.

As an extra detail, I'm located in GMT -6. And out of curiosity, what is the updated server list for Trident? Thanks for the consideration!
    Accepted! Ill add you to the member list.
    Ill assign you to construction for now.