Markonius

Head of Finance at OOB
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Too many people in it weren't team players. Linwe ran off solo with the ship that was being built by Wildcat and CynicalCatalyst as a fleet's tank vessel, TE left because of CoK's internal issues caused by spies, Thryn just sorta sat there continuing trying to build up its own fleet with totally insufficient resources just as it had before CoK popped up, ARK dropped out after spying was discussed, etc.

The whole thing was just management error after management error and everything they managed to do could have been done better 100% solo.
    And the UIS will not face such management errors. This is what you are implying I believe. From what I understand however, the UIS is made very similarly to Nest of Orion. This broke up since factions believed there was no longer need to counter a threat. What will be different here?

Jasper1991

Totaly not an alt, btw join Vaygr XDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
    Reaction score
    TE left because of CoK's internal issues caused by spies
    I though TE was KICKED OUT of CoK because we conducted a false flag operation within CoK and it was blamed on TE...(?)

And the UIS will not face such management errors. This is what you are implying I believe. From what I understand however, the UIS is made very similarly to Nest of Orion. This broke up since factions believed there was no longer need to counter a threat. What will be different here?
    Nest of Orion was doomed from the start, nobody was working towards a common goal.

But to be more specific to their demise, Odium got Ridik_Ulass'd and was turned into Eurocorp so N.O assumed we were no longer a threat.

Although I do not think they are going to fall for the same trick twice.

I am predicting the reason this alliance will fall is because there is going to be either an internal argument over what members/factions have roles in bureaucracy or they are going to spread their defenses thin while defending every faction that "cannot defend themselvs"

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    I though TE was KICKED OUT of CoK because we conducted a false flag operation within CoK and it was blamed on TE...(?)
    Nope, they weren't kicked out. Nauvran withdrew from the whole thing himself after CoK decided it was a good idea to actually listen to Blackhawk's public statement.

Nest of Orion was doomed from the start, nobody was working towards a common goal.

But to be more specific to their demise, Odium got Ridik_Ulass'd and was turned into Eurocorp so N.O assumed we were no longer a threat.

Although I do not think they are going to fall for the same trick twice.

I am predicting the reason this alliance will fall is because there is going to be either an internal argument over what members/factions have roles in bureaucracy or they are going to spread their defenses thin while defending every faction that "cannot defend themselvs"
    N.O. fell apart because of member groups being too closely entangled via Skype groups.

We had a case of one member of a faction damaging another faction member's personal relationship, we had rampant tech usage without consent (which pissed off everyone who invented anything), and Thryn was getting tired of being dragged into things by NFD. So Thryn left. Trident was fed up with the lack of activity and wanted to push to become a stronger solo military power, so they left shortly after as well, if I remember rightly. Thus N.O. fell apart.

UIS might stay intact in the longer term if more respect is paid to member groups' sovereignty, and if groups aren't 100% expected to suddenly rush into action if some sort of war happens.

Zyrr

Chronic Troublemaker
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    I don't think the downfall of either of those alliances was because of rapid growth.

I think TGT went inactive
    TGT was entirely Arstotzkan Federation (now core FCM) members + the remnants of Lazarus Imperium and a few other randoms. The latter two groups stopped logging in after a week or two of server activity, and at that point the only purpose they served was limited administrative oversight that hamstrung Arstotzka's ability to do much of anything. So we left to pursue our own goals, and they collapsed.

Jasper1991

Totaly not an alt, btw join Vaygr XDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
    Reaction score
    Nope, they weren't kicked out. Nauvran withdrew from the whole thing himself after CoK decided it was a good idea to actually listen to Blackhawk's public statement.
    It appears that it is generally agreed upon that they were kicked out, at least as far as the history of factions document is concerned

Winterhome

Reaction score
    It appears that it is generally agreed upon that they were kicked out, at least as far as the history of factions document is concerned

<snip>
    I remember distinctly that Nauvran left of his own accord - but now that you've jogged my memory, I think that perhaps he left after we did a bit of further investigation and determined that he was not a spy, which would have happened after we cut his access to the main chat room. I'll ask him - perhaps his memory is less fuzzy than my own.

Winterhome

Reaction score
    Just asked Nauv. Found the CoK PM is still intact and I still have access to it after almost two years.

TE left after our investigations proved Rezerian to be the traitor. There had previously been some question as to whether TE was affiliated at all with Odium at the time, on account of TE having been invited to join Odium at some point, I think. The SSR guys were the most suspicious, but everyone else went along with the suspicions. There were some questions as to whether BH was lying and whether one of the other, less well known and vetted players were involved, but ultimately the whole event was too much of a shitstorm overall.

It had too little security and simultaneously too much and too little trust, if that makes sense. We let in people who were extremely high risk (who later proved to be spies), and we grew angry over accusations of people who were very low risk shortly afterward. Nice little mess that was.

Reaction score
    hey guys when are you gonna show up on a server. we need some odium/uis tension. the lack of drama/politics is killing me ;)

Winterhome

Reaction score
    hey guys when are you gonna show up on a server. we need some odium/uis tension. the lack of drama/politics is killing me ;)
    AFAIK there's nothing that would encourage the factions involved to join the same server together. Pretty sure it's nothing like that at all.

ZeroRa

Vaygr Representative
    Reaction score
    AFAIK there's nothing that would encourage the factions involved to join the same server together. Pretty sure it's nothing like that at all.
    Whatever we will be on freaks are us killing people, come here if you want to defend their freedom haha.

Ultragamer2000

why am i still here?
    Reaction score
    dumb question: does the UIS defend member states (pls no flame)

Aesthetics

Dark Lord of the Sith
    Reaction score
    dumb question: does the UIS defend member states (pls no flame)
    Under Article 5 of the Union Charter, we must defend each other and our interests (the structure of the charter is subject to change, but this common virtue we share shall remain).

ZeroRa

Vaygr Representative
    Reaction score
    I noticed on Bogdan's Doc that it says you are on 6 servers, which ones are you on?