The Sentinel Alliance's Public Server - All Welcome

Discussion in 'Community Servers' started by SentinelX 101, Jun 6, 2017.

1. RedAlert_007

RedAlert_007 [Insert generic custom title here]

Slight possibily we would have build mode size increased as well as allowing us to use templates bigger than small logic clocks?

Building a ship with logic bits is hard enough without BPs, now its blatantly impossible because the circuits I am trying to paste with my templates are "too big" for the server.

[​IMG]

2. NaStral

So that's what a Wot Bird looks like.

• Agree Agree x 2
    3. Mortiferum

I find his claims a lot more credible than yours since I was listening to a mate telling me about the events unfolding as it occurred.

It happens to coincide a lot more with his story than yours.

Sounds vague, there are no recordings of it, but here's the thing. Starmade servers work on trust, and there is now a serious breach of it between your server and quite a few members on SM docks.

• Agree Agree x 2
    4. RedAlert_007

Hes got a point ya'know

When one of the admins of a long time running major servers, the universaly accepted best meta builder in StarMade, several members of the longest running SMD clans in StarMade (that still exists), several StarMade veterans who have been around before you even claim to have started playing are all questioning the ability for the admins on this server to be impartial and the only others who have expressed otherwise are your own admins and members of your server, it gives a fair bit of an indication that there might be something fishy.

And there there is the lack of knoweldge of gameplay and the game itself possessed by the admins, as demonstrated by one admin stating using an astronaut tool known as a "torch" is an exploit.

• Agree Agree x 1
    5. Carnifex606

You are welcome to believe whatever you wish, he camped spawn with a doomcube and a station with nothing but a large turret set to neutral and enemy. I can't make you trust me so it would be pointless for me to go out of my way to change that as it would be a waste of time, though there has not been any evidence to prove any of his claims.
      --- Updated post (merge), Aug 13, 2017 at 8:23 AM, Original Post Date: Aug 13, 2017 at 8:19 AM ---
      Also im sorry but if you check my account the badge for 4 years that I have on my Stardock is proof of the fact that we've been around for a while, we just stayed away from public servers. also as I said earlier he's been nothing but a griefer on our server, including turning up multiple times and building doomcubes aswell as spawn camping turrets, but sure he's telling the truth

6. Jebediah1

a server isn't fun without a snake randel. It makes it intresting
      (SnakeRandel is a well known for fast raids and never speaking in chat) stop banning for PvP and just outlaw drone homebase camping while not at the base and call it a day.

7. Carnifex606

We understand people's complaints and we do take people's opinion's into consideration but its our server and we shall curate it as we see fit, the rules we currently enforce are temporary but until we rework them we shall continue as we currently are.

8. Calhoun

Calhoun Guardian of the Time Stream

Yes, you have a 4 year badge. However you have a total of 18 posts, and pretty much all of them were advertising this server. Your impact on the community is virtually zilch, and you certainly do not have it's trust. Who do you typically trust, they guy who's been hanging on the fringes for awhile but never talks, or the friend you made last year that's proven themselves?

9. Mortiferum

Dont you know submarines lurk the depths?

This guy is a true master, unlike us peasants that bob above the water, he did silent running for a solid 4 years to maximise his impact!

10. Calhoun

Submarines are also mostly useless when they've surfaced. Makes you thonk.

11. Carnifex606

As I said, we stayed away from public servers aswell as the fact that Starmade is not the only game we play, we are a community and we have stakes in multiple other games such as Planetside 2, killing floor and Warframe for an example. As I said before, its pointless for us to go out of our way to make you trust us as its a waste of time.

Edit: If you have a claim that you wish to dispute then we shall provide all evidence that we can to help you but other than that neither side has any proof to the contrary.

12. Calhoun

This is laughable. You don't have to go out of your way, All it takes is for you to be seen adding to the community. We don't need to trust you with our wives and children for christs sake.

13. Dr. Whammy

Dr. Whammy Executive Constructologist of the United Star Axis

Hi SentinelX 101SentinelX 101,

A few questions about your server...
      1) Do you have challenging/upgraded pirates?
      2) Do you allow building on planets?
      3) What modifications (if any) do you have in place in contrast to a vanilla version of the game?

14. RedAlert_007

Answeres based on personal experience

1. No, the pirates do not even have weapons, they have salvagers
      2. Its not listed as being against the rules so nah
      3. No blueprint uploads, higher then default max speed, slightly higher jump distance, very low AI accuracy

15. Matt_Bradock

Matt_Bradock The Shrink

The current settings especially cater to the players who:
      - Want no challenge whatsoever (no PvP without consent, extremely weak pirates)
      - Want to waste time (no blueprint uploads allowed, but no creative mode either so you have to spend all that time in survival if you want to build anything half-decent)
      - Have either low standards (willing to use poorly detailed brickships) or large amounts of free time (to build well-detailed ships and stations from scratch without creative mode, since no blueprint uploads)

Overall, Sentinel Alliance is a very safe but very boring server for players who are just "meh" and want to pass time OR they are completely new to the game and want to familiarize with it in a safe space, but want to do everything on their own from the ground up so they won't need any blueprints other than the ones they gonna create.

• Agree Agree x 4
      • Informative Informative x 2
    16. Dr. Whammy

Dr. Whammy Executive Constructologist of the United Star Axis

So it is basically single player with restrictions... Lovely...

Thanks for the info. I'll keep looking.

• Agree Agree x 2
    17. Mortiferum

Chat is highly entertaining if you start shit posting.

Most players on TSA thinks they know how to play, then mistake a logic drive for an anti missile turret )))

• Funny Funny x 3
    18. NaStral

19. Edymnion

Been on it a couple of days, don't think its for me.

1) Blueprints disabled.
      I like my theme ships. I have a ship I've been working on for ages that is just an empty hull. It is nothing but "damn that looks cool", but can't upload it to finish it, and its too much to restart from scratch. Seriously, no blueprints at all is just a crime in my book.

2) Accuracy is Zero.
      And I mean freaking ZERO. It took me 40 minutes to fight two pirates, because the AI accuracy was so low that even my lock on torpedoes couldn't hit anything. My turrets were useless. I literally had to unhook the damage beam computer from the missiles and use that while dumb firing the missiles. The dumb fires hit more often than the lock ons, which were swarming around the target in endless orbits because they couldn't hit something a kilometer away.

3) Relatively small advanced build area.
      30x instead of 10x default. This was small, but I was willing to work with it, but with all the other problems its just one more straw on the camel's back.

4) If there is an admin that actually joins the server, I never saw it in the 2-3 days I was there. Not once.

I wanted to like this server, as its the only PvE server around that I've seen. But I just can't. I can't bring in my RP ships I've worked hard on in single player to finish off there, I can't fight pirates because nothing hits, and anything bigger than a personal fighter is ineffective due again to the fact that only hand aimed weapons stand the slightest chance of hitting anything.

So yeah, three strikes for me. Can't effectively build anything there due to small limits, can't import anything I build in SP where I can drop stuff at a reasonable rate, and even the weak ass pirates are next to impossible to kill simply because you gotta be 10 feet away from one to hit it.

I'm honestly at a bit of a loss as to what the purpose of the server is. PvP is restricted (which I like), so its not that. Its not PvE because most of the pirates are weaker than Isanths and nothing can hit anything, so there's no NPC fighting. And the build limits are small enough that it can't be a serious build server either.

Guess its back to SP for me.

#139 Edymnion, Aug 18, 2017 at 4:55 PM
      Last edited: Aug 18, 2017 at 5:06 PM
      • Like Like x 2
    20. Plisko

Sounds interesting. I haven't joined a server yet and I am pondering it.

#140 Plisko, Aug 18, 2017 at 5:24 PM
      Last edited: Aug 18, 2017 at 7:35 PM
      • Like Like x 1