The Odium Pact "acta deos numquam mortalia fallunt"

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Reaction score
    You know what, let's all play a little game of I spy.

In order to win, you have to cite the most EULA, Terms of service, or forum rules that Ridik has broken, and cite the rule breaking post. Whoever gets the most legitimite ones wins.
    Lets not

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    I think Ridik's only crime is pissing you off Debris, and even then I use the term 'crime' very loosely.

Reactions: karkinosz
    Reaction score
    I actually have a really good idea, FD.
    How about we stop bitching on HIS thread, about him, OR
    Even better, We play the game of "Don't act all pissed off, because that's what he wants."

Reaction score
    The Fundamental Flaws of Forge_Meiser's Propagated Claims & Those of Others
    By Grand Moff Tarkin, The Rebel Alliance

Community Members Speaking Against Ridik_Ulass:
    Well, I have decided to comment on this discussion. Firstly, you are attempting the most fool hardy thing in the book by attempting to regain some ships that you created in a game. Honestly, it's a game.

Firstly, if you wanted to seriously legally report the offense to the U.S. Office of Copyright & Publishing, you would have no defense. The only category that falls remotely close to ship designs or blueprints in a computer game is U.S.G.L. (United States General Law) 40.0613, "Copyright Registration For Pictorial, Graphic, and Sculptural Works." Quite honestly, I highly doubt any one would support your complaint to any copyright office such as that, as ships are hardly works that the law describes.

See Further Details Here:
    http://www.copyright.gov/circs/circ40.pdf

Secondly, you are trying to argue and get Ridik in trouble for something on a computer game. If you honestly have the time to exhaust your resources because a few blueprints of yours got stolen, well that is quite sad. The thing that fuels this community is wars, conflict, and objects of interest. If you complain to a moderator because a few of your ships got stolen, all you are doing is lowering the events and interesting occurrences within the community.

Thirdly, placing a bounty has no effect. Ridik does not care. Who would care. Anyone who has the time to try to pursue Ridik to get a few credits is wasting their time. I believe it has been stated before that Ridik has not been on Server Side in several months, so whom would you be chasing?

Frankly, I find all of your argument here absolutely "ridik_ulass!" The fact that any group of adults can deliberate and fuss over a stolen copy of ships, which as Ridik brought up may not even exist, and are once again, if I may state, in a computer game. So if you, as grown adults or even children, can waste the physical effort to prosecute someone for making a post like this, well that is really sad. Sad to me and yourselves.

If I were you, I would just drop it. Copyright claims for materials of visual arts rarely win in court or even against simple moderators anyway. It just doesn't happen. What evidence do you have to prove that all of these were made by you? What witnesses? And on what grounds would you charge Ridik, just as he stated above?

I ask you to cite the Star Made rules that even say this is not allowed? As to this being an advertisement, it is not. It is a political gesture and a service that Ridik has offered, it has nothing to do with advertising and is simply part of the fabric of the game.

Show Me The Rule Here: http://starmadedock.net/rules/

Also, lets not forget. This is the internet. Crap happens on the internet. Rules are not always enforced on the internet. Stuff happens on the internet. If you can't take the heat, you should probably not participate in an online community or even really be on the internet.

This is Ridik's job as well. Ridik does what he does. I know dam'n well that all of you have at some point in time recieved help from Ridik, so show a little class people. Also, there is definitely no EULA violation here. Show me the line in the EULA and then I will believe you. I have read it. Twice. Show me the line FlyingDebris.

Lastly, if you are all so concerned about Ridik keeping a dossier of information on each of you, you should have been more careful about who you gave out contact information too. I doubt that Ridik is a member of The Mafia or any other criminal group. If he was rich enough off of his gains from the Mafia, why would he even be here?

Ridik and all of you are free to collect information if it is public about everyone here. I doubt he has a great extended list with all of your telephone numbers on it, at the very least maybe your email from looking at the member list on your public forum account for your factions. If you really did not want people to know your personal information, be more careful with it. Honestly, that is on all of you and not Ridik's fault. And when it comes down to it, who cares? It may be kind of creepy, but I doubt he is going to hurt you with it.

He is simply capitalizing on the opportunity presented before him.

And FlyingDebris, if you disagree with my opinions in this post that is fine, but as this post is based on facts and laws of both the internet and copyright usage, the idea of disagreeing with those laws will get you no where. Also Firestorm29, when a builder gives the ships over for use by the faction, he is in essence passing away his rights to the ships, their content, and their blueprint. From what I have seen, builders build for the sheer enjoyment of constructing it. They likely prefer building over petty Politics as we are currently discussing.

I really think that the fact that there are no grounds on which you could base you claim, the amount of time and energy you would and already have wasted, and the sheer fact that the accusations are ludicrous and not backed by evidence speaks for itself, it is a useless fight people, just honestly give it up.

Sincerely,

Grand Moff Tarkin
    Minister of Finance & Secretary of State
    The Rebel Alliance

"And That's The Way It Is." ~Walter Cronkite, News Broadcaster.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Personally looking forward for the shipyards and possibly restricting access to blueprints. Moreso it'd make it easier for me to try and design my own designs that work better for cheaper than stuff you could get in the shop. I think that could be awesome to sell my own stuff to them, it'd be like my own mark of quality. :)

Also, I'm willing to acknowledge the concepts like not being able to copyright designs due to extreme difficulties, but there's also the complete lack of respect for the builders. Question I have is what is the point of chastising people about building space bricks if we're willing to take a person's pride away in seconds by taking their stuff and spreading it around like a space brick and telling the owners to essentially go screw themselves?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Personally looking forward for the shipyards and possibly restricting access to blueprints. Moreso it'd make it easier for me to try and design my own designs that work better for cheaper than stuff you could get in the shop. I think that could be awesome to sell my own stuff to them, it'd be like my own mark of quality. :)

Also, I'm willing to acknowledge the concepts like not being able to copyright designs due to extreme difficulties, but there's also the complete lack of respect for the builders. Question I have is what is the point of chastising people about building space bricks if we're willing to take a person's pride away in seconds by taking their stuff and spreading it around like a space brick and telling the owners to essentially go screw themselves?
    The ships that are being contested over here belong to a faction, not a single builder. A single builder may have built all the ships for a faction but the ships belong to the faction, not them. There is very little actual selling on of ships like you describe, most people build their own.

Reaction score
    The ships that are being contested over here belong to a faction, not a single builder. A single builder may have built all the ships for a faction but the ships belong to the faction, not them. There is very little actual selling on of ships like you describe, most people build their own.
    So the shipbuilders are exempt if they build for a faction? Yea, they were built for a faction, but still, be it or one or many builders, they spent hours trying to make them look nice when we could just settle for space bricks.

Reaction score
    I appreciate your sentiment, But these factions are at war with other factions, if they want to avoid drama they should join less drama centric factions, I know for a fact debris wanted to steal Euro-corp and vaygr ships after the initial post but couldn't. if he had I'd have been fine with it though, its the nature of war and politics if people can't handle it they should leave the factions or alliances, and if factions can't handle it they should leave the server and play on a private one like RA did a while back. Like are we gonna have people complaining next thier ships getting blown up because they don't like that either?

One more thing, they can't beat us at war, they can't beat us at spying and espionage, they can't beat us in game so now they try using moderators...whats next crying to mommy and daddy?

as for this...
    I'd also like to state that even if all of the other reasons the post should be deleted and Ridik getting told off by the mods (at the very least) it was obviously meant to make the members of DFN and Lazarus look bad, which is an EULA violation.
    If making the DFN and lazarus look bad was a EULA violation, the DFN and lazarus would have been banned long ago LOL.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    I appreciate your sentiment, But these factions are at war with other factions, if they want to avoid drama they should join less drama centric factions, I know for a fact debris wanted to steal Euro-corp and vaygr ships after the initial post but couldn't. if he had I'd have been fine with it though, its the nature of war and politics if people can't handle it they should leave the factions or alliances, and if factions can't handle it they should leave the server and play on a private one like RA did a while back. Like are we gonna have people complaining next thier ships getting blown up because they don't like that either?

One more thing, they can't beat us at war, they can't beat us at spying and espionage, they can't beat us in game so now they try using moderators...whats next crying to mommy and daddy?

as for this...

If making the DFN and lazarus look bad was a EULA violation, the DFN and lazarus would have been banned long ago LOL.
    that is very true ridik very true

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    You know, I don't think your arguments will fare much better, either.

"Yes, he stole hundreds of hours of work, yes, he is handing out other peoples' work without giving them credit, and yes, he has not recieved permjssion from a single one of them, but no, he should not get in trouble at all for it."

Reaction score
    A Brief Follow Up In Regards To FlyingDebris' Prior Posts

FlyingDebris, I am sorry but what you say is incorrect. I never said what Ridik was doing was nice. It was certainly perhaps not moral for him to do it, but he has broken no laws, so there is nothing he has been punished for. People do immoral things ever day of the week and do not get punished. Should they, perhaps. But can they legally, no.

So the question here is not a matter of what he did morally or even ethically, but rather the fact that neither you nor Forge have a legitimate defense for wanting to prosecute Ridik, under law. If this were a moral argument, I am certain we could all name all of the immoral actions each of us has taken on Star Made. Believe me, if this argument were not dealing with law, I would not be here.

I believe Ridik is quite pleased with his present morals. And the only reason I disagreed with your posts was due to the fact that I found them supported with a lack of substantial evidence to support the claims that you have propagated here today.
    Sincerely,

Grand Moff Tarkin
    The Rebel Alliance

Last edited by a moderator:

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    The Fundamental Flaws of Forge_Meiser's Propagated Claims & Those of Others
    By Grand Moff Tarkin, The Rebel Alliance

Community Members Speaking Against Ridik_Ulass:
    Well, I have decided to comment on this discussion. Firstly, you are attempting the most fool hardy thing in the book by attempting to regain some ships that you created in a game. Honestly, it's a game.

Firstly, if you wanted to seriously legally report the offense to the U.S. Office of Copyright & Publishing, you would have no defense. The only category that falls remotely close to ship designs or blueprints in a computer game is U.S.G.L. (United States General Law) 40.0613, "Copyright Registration For Pictorial, Graphic, and Sculptural Works." Quite honestly, I highly doubt any one would support your complaint to any copyright office such as that, as ships are hardly works that the law describes.

See Further Details Here:
    http://www.copyright.gov/circs/circ40.pdf

Secondly, you are trying to argue and get Ridik in trouble for something on a computer game. If you honestly have the time to exhaust your resources because a few blueprints of yours got stolen, well that is quite sad. The thing that fuels this community is wars, conflict, and objects of interest. If you complain to a moderator because a few of your ships got stolen, all you are doing is lowering the events and interesting occurrences within the community.

Thirdly, placing a bounty has no effect. Ridik does not care. Who would care. Anyone who has the time to try to pursue Ridik to get a few credits is wasting their time. I believe it has been stated before that Ridik has not been on Server Side in several months, so whom would you be chasing?

Frankly, I find all of your argument here absolutely "ridik_ulass!" The fact that any group of adults can deliberate and fuss over a stolen copy of ships, which as Ridik brought up may not even exist, and are once again, if I may state, in a computer game. So if you, as grown adults or even children, can waste the physical effort to prosecute someone for making a post like this, well that is really sad. Sad to me and yourselves.

If I were you, I would just drop it. Copyright claims for materials of visual arts rarely win in court or even against simple moderators anyway. It just doesn't happen. What evidence do you have to prove that all of these were made by you? What witnesses? And on what grounds would you charge Ridik, just as he stated above?

I ask you to cite the Star Made rules that even say this is not allowed? As to this being an advertisement, it is not. It is a political gesture and a service that Ridik has offered, it has nothing to do with advertising and is simply part of the fabric of the game.

Show Me The Rule Here: http://starmadedock.net/rules/

Also, lets not forget. This is the internet. Crap happens on the internet. Rules are not always enforced on the internet. Stuff happens on the internet. If you can't take the heat, you should probably not participate in an online community or even really be on the internet.

This is Ridik's job as well. Ridik does what he does. I know dam'n well that all of you have at some point in time recieved help from Ridik, so show a little class people. Also, there is definitely no EULA violation here. Show me the line in the EULA and then I will believe you. I have read it. Twice. Show me the line FlyingDebris.

Lastly, if you are all so concerned about Ridik keeping a dossier of information on each of you, you should have been more careful about who you gave out contact information too. I doubt that Ridik is a member of The Mafia or any other criminal group. If he was rich enough off of his gains from the Mafia, why would he even be here?

Ridik and all of you are free to collect information if it is public about everyone here. I doubt he has a great extended list with all of your telephone numbers on it, at the very least maybe your email from looking at the member list on your public forum account for your factions. If you really did not want people to know your personal information, be more careful with it. Honestly, that is on all of you and not Ridik's fault. And when it comes down to it, who cares? It may be kind of creepy, but I doubt he is going to hurt you with it.

He is simply capitalizing on the opportunity presented before him.

And FlyingDebris, if you disagree with my opinions in this post that is fine, but as this post is based on facts and laws of both the internet and copyright usage, the idea of disagreeing with those laws will get you no where. Also Firestorm29, when a builder gives the ships over for use by the faction, he is in essence passing away his rights to the ships, their content, and their blueprint. From what I have seen, builders build for the sheer enjoyment of constructing it. They likely prefer building over petty Politics as we are currently discussing.

I really think that the fact that there are no grounds on which you could base you claim, the amount of time and energy you would and already have wasted, and the sheer fact that the accusations are ludicrous and not backed by evidence speaks for itself, it is a useless fight people, just honestly give it up.

Sincerely,

Grand Moff Tarkin
    The Rebel Alliance
    How can we regain ships that we didn't lose in the first place? Your logic is a degree too high for my feeble mind, please explain.

Edit: let's bring this to the intergalactic summit folks. We're just polluting the ridik's faction thread

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Regarding Keptick's Remarks

How can we regain ships that we didn't lose in the first place? Your logic is a degree too high for my feeble mind, please explain.

Edit: Let's bring this to the intergalactic summit folks. We're just polluting the Ridik's faction thread
    I concur, we can take it there if further explanation is needed. I unfortunetly do not quite understand what it is that you are referring to. I see no where in my post a reference to my stating that everyone should regain ships, I am awfully confused. Some clarification to that respect would be greatly appreciated.
    Sincerely,

Grand Moff Tarkin
    The Rebel Alliance

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    My biggest question is when did the Lazarus ever get drawn into this. It's always been you going to war with us, and then eventually giving up until a later date.

And you haven't "beat" us at anything. A real "spy" wouldn't allow the fact that he's leaking ships out to the public, among other things. The last war was over when the fleets got stopped at Orion on Illusive, and your war efforts fell flat, and it just kind of fizzled out. And you've always lost the Moderator's opinions.

Honestly, no ones winning anything. The only reason I continue to interact with you is because you require so much attention for you to fizzle out.

Reactions: bendm09
    Reaction score
    My biggest question is when did the Lazarus ever get drawn into this. It's always been you going to war with us, and then eventually giving up until a later date.

And you haven't "beat" us at anything. A real "spy" wouldn't allow the fact that he's leaking ships out to the public, among other things. The last war was over when the fleets got stopped at Orion on Illusive, and your war efforts fell flat, and it just kind of fizzled out. And you've always lost the Moderator's opinions.

Honestly, no ones winning anything. The only reason I continue to interact with you is because you require so much attention for you to fizzle out.
    Have you logged into the game recently? LordofWar has been killing your members non stop

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Rebuttal to earlier posts :
    1. I am in no way interested in the Legal courts. Where I come from, lawyers are basic crooks.
    2. arguing that I am in some form or fashion getting Ridik in trouble is at best made-up. At best, it was a stern warning to cease copying my ships, and adding preventative measures to ensure such action does not happen again. (as for evidence, ridik has no dates on his folders, and I do. All of which are from before that post date.) Events have led to an eventuality that screams for me to get involved.
    3. The very fact that Ridik would make a post with half of my ships on it (for sale in-game, I might add) means he wanted me to get involved with this charade. I believe this accounts as attempting to start a flame which all of us have fallen into.
    4. indeed, the #1 rule of the internet is STUFF HAPPENS! (and it's not even a rule). I want nothing more than to be done with posts to this page, end of my discussion, if you try to get me "flamed", or "burned" or better put.... "Jimmied", then you know what I'll classify it as.
    in the end,

and kudos to ridik for getting me to finally post.
    as a final note, everyone takes my posts way too seriously.
    if I find something, next Faction ball is on me.

Status
    Not open for further replies.