My reaction to this update after reading the patch notes:

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    Fuck it, making a new ship.

Show people what will happen when you tweak config values by MAJOR amounts with little to no testing.

Reactions: Lecic and Tunk

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11

"He's Thryn, He's Thryn, You're Thryn, I'M THRYN! Are there any other Thryns I should know about!?"

Saber

3D Art Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Video Genius
    Hey everybody. Just wanted to let you know that we'll be using the latest version of the game for Blood and Steel, however we'll be using a config to replicate the previous power settings. It's too close to deadline for us to try and switch things up as it would be unfair to previous submissions if we switched things up, and people who have yet to submit would have an advantage.

Hopefully that works out for everybody as we want to try and keep things fair. The timing is a bit wonky but we're trying to do what we can to make this as easy and fair as we can for everybody.

Raisinbat

Raging Troll
    Reaction score
    Is it ONLY the value that changed? Can we maybe have the option to testfly our ships on the server, heard some stuff about player inventory increasing power use, don't know if it's the case, but even a small difference in power output can kill a ship.

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    Hey everybody. Just wanted to let you know that we'll be using the latest version of the game for Blood and Steel, however we'll be using a config to replicate the previous power settings. It's too close to deadline for us to try and switch things up as it would be unfair to previous submissions if we switched things up, and people who have yet to submit would have an advantage.

Hopefully that works out for everybody as we want to try and keep things fair. The timing is a bit wonky but we're trying to do what we can to make this as easy and fair as we can for everybody.
    Could we have the config value that you will be changing it too so we can test ships before the game on single player?

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Is it ONLY the value that changed? Can we maybe have the option to testfly our ships on the server, heard some stuff about player inventory increasing power use, don't know if it's the case, but even a small difference in power output can kill a ship.
    I'm 99% certain that player inventory does not increase power use. Who told you that?

Saber

3D Art Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Video Genius
    We will be running the server with previous power values. That will be the only thing changing. I don't know of anything that changed regarding player inventory and power use.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    We will be running the server with previous power values. That will be the only thing changing. I don't know of anything that changed regarding player inventory and power use.
    I would like to make some tests. How did you revert the powergrid in the lastest update?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Sucks being at the other side of the world:
    When is the deadline of ship submission? What timezone?
    When's the competition itself?

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    The latest hotfix seems to have fixed power- it still has the 2mil softcap, but the curve isn't as strong. Are you running with that change, or are you running with the pre-cargo update power?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Is there an e-mail adress where I can send the last version of my ship at? It's no big changes just a small refit of systems according to changes. Deadline is still ahead so :p