StarMade v0.201.126 - Weapon Update

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    Time for sleepless nights as I update all my ships, and probably some of my friends old ships as well. Oh and I guess I shouldn't forget about the stations as well.

Reaction score
    I dont know if this is where bugs get reported but it seems like the basic armor tiles dont quite line up to each other. I built some in build mode and they seemed not level to each other but when I break them and replace outside of build mode they lined up

Reactions: entarlas

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Excellent, it's out! Now everyone can get to breaking everything immediately. :P

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    I used the minelayer block to build a proximity mine. The little triangular mine appeared in space but when I right clicked to activate it didn't seem to do anything. I tried running into the mine and I just went through it without it exploding. I assume it isn't activated but I can't seem to get it to activate. It there any indication of mine status? Also can they be picked up on the radar? I made a scanner and tried scanning but they didn't appear on the nav panel. When I shot it with a cannon it did disappear but didn't explode.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Something is VERY wrong with this update. Game crashes right on universe load... Never had this issue before.

JumpSuit

Lost-Legacy Director
    Reaction score
    I used the minelayer block to build a proximity mine. The little triangular mine appeared in space but when I right clicked to activate it didn't seem to do anything. I tried running into the mine and I just went through it without it exploding. I assume it isn't activated but I can't seem to get it to activate. It there any indication of mine status? Also can they be picked up on the radar? I made a scanner and tried scanning but they didn't appear on the nav panel. When I shot it with a cannon it did disappear but didn't explode.
    What Admiralkio stated, through Radial Menu: Ship -> Weapons - > Mines , If I remember correctly.

Reactions: Majikmonster
    Reaction score
    • Cannon Mine: This mine fires cannon projectiles when in range

• Missile Mine: This mine fires heat-seeking missiles when in range.

• Proximity Mine: The classic mine. Once a targets gets within range, it activates the mine and will follow the entity that triggered it, explodes on impact. Once triggered, it is used up.
    Once triggered, it is used up.
    Hold the friggin' phone. Does it imply that the cannon and missile mines aren't really mines? Because that sounds awfully similar to "deployable sentry turrets", which is great.
    Also it's unclear whether or not the mod blocks are needed for a "simple" mine. And if you think a "simple" mine should just sit and wait for someone to bump into it you're rеtarded. The mod-less mine should default to "proximity" mode, and the proximity mod block should be reused for something else, like a sensor buoy mod or something.
    Also "personal" and "friend" AI mods seem redundant. Wouldn't it be better to just mash them together into a single highly-configurable IFF mod?

Lancake

Head of Testing
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Tester
    I dont know if this is where bugs get reported but it seems like the basic armor tiles dont quite line up to each other. I built some in build mode and they seemed not level to each other but when I break them and replace outside of build mode they lined up
    That could be because the blocks are rotated differently when they were placed back then. There's some issue causing non-rotateable blocks to still be placed with a different rotation. This is not an issue for blocks with the same texture on all sides (like all the armor blocks) but their normal map is different though, and that causes it to not line up properly as the lighting/shadows on the block itself are rotated.

Something is VERY wrong with this update. Game crashes right on universe load... Never had this issue before.
    Could you upload the logstarmade.0.log file located in your StarMade/logs folder? Perhaps make a separate support thread about it and leave a ping for me, easier to do back and forth feedback if needed.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    When we have talk about mines , can you add mines that can mine stuff on planet with supply of power ? it would be great