StarMade v0.201.126 - Weapon Update

Discussion in 'Game News' started by schema, Jul 10, 2018.

1. Donoterase

I just threw a shipyard together really quick last night. It got a little finicky when I moved the core anchor block, but it worked alright. I'm currently using 201.130.

• Like Like x 1
    2. knjarr

Made a graphic to help me when making weapons. I couldn't figure out how to post this to my profile so I'll leave it here... WEAPONS CHART.png

• Like Like x 5
    3. Nebulon-B_Frigate_FTW

Black on dark blue is a terrible color setup, never use it. Also consider putting bulletpoints so that continuations can be distinguished from separate texts.

4. Ash'gan

Is AI broken or is there something just on my end or is there something new with AI cores that I don't understand???
      I have built a turret, works fine as just a turret but with Bobby AI it does nothing, activated in turret mode an everything, pirate shows up and nothing.
      I got one to function once with selected target (it wouldn't function as targeting ship or any)
      I have these on stations and the one that worked was on a planet base.

probably shoulnd't have asked this here but I duno if this is due to the weapon changes or is a longer issue.

I'm hosting a dedicated server on the same machine for me and my friend to play lan if that makes any difference.

#244 Ash'gan, Oct 8, 2018
      Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
    5. Dr. Whammy

Dr. Whammy Executive Constructologist of the United Star Axis

AI absolutely sucks (terrible, storm trooper-level aim, no sense of target prioritization, lousy pilots etc.) but it is functional.

If you want to make a working AI turret, go to your AI settings make sure to turn on "any" and turn off "remote control". This will allow your AI to use the turrets. With remote control turned on, you can add the turret axis to your hotbar and manually fire the turrets but AI will not use them. Hope this helps.

• Like Like x 2
    6. Ash'gan

EDIT: ok so it was a bunch of variables and my lack of understanding of the remote control that led to my meldown on trying to fix the turrets. part of it was I had a scrap pirate ship I was testing it on which is within range of cannons but not in range of the AI??? or something like that since cannons say they have 4k range while the AI with some testing only acquired targets at about less then 3k...

Double Edit: thanks for your help.

Triple Edit: So are Pirate Isanths indestructible right now? they seem to have no structural HP so they can never be killled except as a blown out hull that floats there, I've been resorting to admin deleting them but yeah :/
      they also unless I am mistaken seem to use reactor power blocks as thrusters? o_O

#246 Ash'gan, Oct 8, 2018
      Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
      • Like Like x 1
    7. Dr. Whammy

Dr. Whammy Executive Constructologist of the United Star Axis

- You are correct about engagement range. My test universe has 5km sectors and unmodified weapon ranges. Average AI engagement range limit seems to be about 3k with all weapons.

- You are very welcome. (y)

- The newest (post-power-2.0) Isanths do in fact, have reactors. However, they are spread across the extreme rear of the ship; blended in right in front of their thrusters. This is why it is difficult to Kill an Isanth (with smaller weapons) when it is facing you. It's actually a very clever ship design; given the current game mechanics. All the "meat" is in the back end of the ship. Try equipping recon chambers to your ship; with emphasis on "permanent duration" and a strength of 3 or higher. You'll be able to see the reactors and power stream stretching across the back of the ship in a jagged line.

• Like Like x 1
    8. Ash'gan

EDIT: I don't know why its using old blueprints instead of newer ugh it means I gotta start the universe over doesn't it *sighs*
      hmm now I"m confused I don't even see blueprints for the NPC miners but they have the same thing where the reactor HP value is zero by default. is my game bugged or is there some option somewhere I didn't click?
      sry I don't mean to hijack the thread but after coming back so much stuff is new or not working quite right.

#248 Ash'gan, Oct 9, 2018
      Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
    9. Ithirahad

Ithirahad Arana'Aethi

What weapon are you trying to use? Not all work properly with AI.

10. Ash'gan

That got resolved I was testing with some abnormality that was causing me to think the Bobby AI was broken but with some more work and Dr. Whammy's help I figured out the problem, I'm still confused by the game using old blueprints of the Isanth VI, and possibly other ships instead of the new ones.

• Like Like x 1
    11. Donoterase

My workaround for that--since they didn't bother to update the NPC factions--was to go into the settings and click on "use old damage system" which allows ships to be destroyed when the cores were hit. This old rule doesn't apply to the new power system, or they work side-by-side, or something, because I ran several combat tests with my son while we're assembling our world. Unfortunately, they broke/disabled that rule after 201.142 so only docked entities and turrets die on core hits. There's a user here who has updated the Scavenger ship blueprints, last I looked.

Anyway, the charge cannon and death ray are not usable by AI. So you will want to adjust blueprints accordingly (or, like my son and I, tweak the weapons altogether). Keep in mind old blueprints cannot use missile weapons anymore, if that's the route you go.

EDIT: I almost forgot. If you stack up ships into a fleet, it will give you an engagement range in the fleet stats. However, this range is not based on turrets, but on the weapons mounted directly on the entity.