StarMade v0.201.126 - Weapon Update

Discussion in 'Game News' started by schema, Jul 10, 2018.

1. schema

schema Cat God

• Like Like x 19
    2. JumpSuit

JumpSuit Lost-Legacy Director

First!

• Like Like x 3
    3. Crimson-Artist

Crimson-Artist Wiki Administrator

finally the wait is over! we can start building without fear of the unknown.

can't wait to see the new planets. Im predicting the first universe update dev builds to hit us in mid to late November.

• Like Like x 4
    4. DrTarDIS

DrTarDIS Eldrich Timelord

5. Porkbellygamer

Anyone have issues with planets loading with the new update?

6. Spartan-228

Time for sleepless nights as I update all my ships, and probably some of my friends old ships as well. Oh and I guess I shouldn't forget about the stations as well.

7. Porkbellygamer

I dont know if this is where bugs get reported but it seems like the basic armor tiles dont quite line up to each other. I built some in build mode and they seemed not level to each other but when I break them and replace outside of build mode they lined up

• Like Like x 1
    8. Crimson-Artist

Crimson-Artist Wiki Administrator

Almost forgot my customary memeing.
      Lot of Damage.png

• Like Like x 6
    9. Spartan-228

I need to make a super MAC now :)

10. Ithirahad

Ithirahad Arana'Aethi

Excellent, it's out! Now everyone can get to breaking everything immediately. :P

11. Porkbellygamer

Also seems that the galaxy map every sector is pre scanned now?

12. Mr.Steam

I used the minelayer block to build a proximity mine. The little triangular mine appeared in space but when I right clicked to activate it didn't seem to do anything. I tried running into the mine and I just went through it without it exploding. I assume it isn't activated but I can't seem to get it to activate. It there any indication of mine status? Also can they be picked up on the radar? I made a scanner and tried scanning but they didn't appear on the nav panel. When I shot it with a cannon it did disappear but didn't explode.

• Like Like x 2
    13. Admiralkio

You need to use the radial menu to activate mines.

• Like Like x 2
    14. MChain

Something is VERY wrong with this update. Game crashes right on universe load... Never had this issue before.

15. JumpSuit

JumpSuit Lost-Legacy Director

What Admiralkio stated, through Radial Menu: Ship -> Weapons - > Mines , If I remember correctly.

• Like Like x 1
    16. Cluwne

Hold the friggin' phone. Does it imply that the cannon and missile mines aren't really mines? Because that sounds awfully similar to "deployable sentry turrets", which is great.
      Also it's unclear whether or not the mod blocks are needed for a "simple" mine. And if you think a "simple" mine should just sit and wait for someone to bump into it you're rŠµtarded. The mod-less mine should default to "proximity" mode, and the proximity mod block should be reused for something else, like a sensor buoy mod or something.
      Also "personal" and "friend" AI mods seem redundant. Wouldn't it be better to just mash them together into a single highly-configurable IFF mod?

17. Lancake

Lancake Head of Testing

That could be because the blocks are rotated differently when they were placed back then. There's some issue causing non-rotateable blocks to still be placed with a different rotation. This is not an issue for blocks with the same texture on all sides (like all the armor blocks) but their normal map is different though, and that causes it to not line up properly as the lighting/shadows on the block itself are rotated.

Could you upload the logstarmade.0.log file located in your StarMade/logs folder? Perhaps make a separate support thread about it and leave a ping for me, easier to do back and forth feedback if needed.

18. Edymnion

Edymnion Carebear Extraordinaire!

[​IMG]

Yes please.

• Like Like x 3
    19. TrickyNicky27

TrickyNicky27 Blarg3437

Can we expect an video on the YouTube channel for this update?

• Like Like x 3
    20. opaka

When we have talk about mines , can you add mines that can mine stuff on planet with supply of power ? it would be great