StarMade v0.199.234 - More Logic, New Effects, and Radial Menu

JonasWalker

Old Newb
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    I like pretty much all of this update and am very much looking forward to where things go from here. Unfortunately IRL has been eating my time lately so I haven't been able to muck about in SM nearly as much as I'd care for.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Bench, please tell me you will do new tutorial vids for the new logic! I can usually figure them out but your vids help so much.

Awesome update devs.

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    What an update! Love the sensor blocks. Curiously is there a way of turning there true condition to be Less Than X as opposed to Equal/More Than X? Only then we'd also be able to create systems that keep values between a set of predefined values. Equally someone might remind me about an alternative method of indicating a crate is completely empty instead of not full!

Cheers Schine!
    Completely empty can be checked easily IF but only IF the status change was made by a pull out of the chest.

T84 - Logic blocks next to storages and shipyard computer do not get triggered

This is the root cause logic problem with them.
    They sort of work, but some status updates are hard to catch.

- Andy

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    You act as though space is a complete void. It isn't. There are also gravitational pulls in every which way direction that would require thrust being added to stay on the correct path.
    Of course there's forces you have to -for lack of an extremely lesser word- fight against in space. However, not only couldn't I see them being significant enough that the thrusters would be strained enough to light up brightly but also small correctional thrusters on the sides of the vessel would likely be used over the rear ones.

Thrusters being always on when near planets wouldn't hurt, given a system could detect whether the ship was landed or not and then respectively toggle the thruster's state.

Don't get me wrong, I had no idea to offend you nor disrespect your opinion. My intent was to point out that thrusters would not be used to the point of noticeable emissions when not changing speed at a fast rate.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    OH NO.......the bloom effect doesn't apply on docked thrusters, very bad news for my ext. thruster booster module

Reaction score
    You act as though space is a complete void. It isn't. There are also gravitational pulls in every which way direction that would require thrust being added to stay on the correct path.
    In real life? A sun might extend a gravitational field for billions of km before it becomes insignificant, but the distance between stars is trillions of km, so for the vast majority of space there aren't any gravitational pulls to worry about.
    [doublepost=1474786642,1474786498][/doublepost]
    schine are such copy cats putting thruster ignition in the game ... DSY Inc. Type-D Scimitar JK, great changes the logic and display copy thing is awesome!
    You're joking, but if there's good stuff to copy in other games I hope they do copy it. Taking existing ideas from others and building on them is how innovation happens.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    You're joking, but if there's good stuff to copy in other games I hope they do copy it. Taking existing ideas from others and building on them is how innovation happens.
    the abbveriation "JK" actually stands for just KIDDING but yes it was not meant serious... it just happened that i released a ship which simulated the thruster effects schine added into the game now about two weeks ago...

Reaction score
    I pressed some random keys on my keyboard last week and managed to bring up the raidial menu on the regular build. When I exited it I tried pressing almost every key on my keyboard but coudln't activate it again....
    2spooky4me

Last edited:

Groovrider

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I must be doing something wrong. i cant make any plumes appear at all. Odd.

Reaction score
    been meaning to use rail drives but with the recent nerf to shootout rail drives as well as schine's on the fence stance on chain drives in general the only reliable method I can think of is pure logic drives. im more concerned about trying to future proof my designs. the less refits I gotta do the better.
    Have you tried using the randomizer to make a faster logic clock?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3

I've set aside all of today to record a whole lot, covering everything you might want to know and do :) so yep, it's coming.
    Thanks for the new tutorial vids Bench! Much appreciated. Keep up the excellent work Sir. Your vids make it all so much easier to understand.

Reactions: Bench